• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Not Impressed, Items vanished

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Just logged into UO and noticed 3 items missing from my castle.
I had a "Sapling of the great forest" tree standing atop a water pier, which has been in the same spot for years. Today, it has vanished!!. Directly above where these 2 items were, I am missing a grass tile also?

I have looked in my moving crate in hopes they would be there but nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

*Just wanted to post to let others know* :sad3:

tree n pier mia.jpg grass mia.jpg Empty.jpg

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I've noticed that items appear to disappear at times, depending on the tile I stand on. When I think something may be missing, I run over my tiles, and also use 'all names' (ctr + shift) in case the item dropped down and is below my line of sight. For some reason, lately, one of my secures keeps dropping down onto the secure below it and it seems to vanish. It's become habit for me to head straight to it and raise it up whenever I log in...
Hope you find them.
Cheers

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The items which are missing were on the main area around the castle (grassy area) so I don't think they could have dropped below or under anything. I have logged in and out a few times hoping they would suddenly appear but nothing.

I am beginning to wonder if somehow the grass tile that was on the floor above it, caused the items below it to disappear when the grass disappeared?
I know the grass has been buggy itself...just frustrating knowing your items can just *poof* for no apparent reason!

Thanks for the replies though, much appreciated.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are many people reporting that items are disappearing. I myself have had a commodity deed box and 2 Kings collection boxes disappear that have been lock down for over a year

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm sorry for disappearing items. it has happen to me a few times and I'm sure will happen again. was at my castle too. I rarely go there and don't unlock anything. I'm worried about messing with housing/new castle designs but I am excited lol

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To get world items that have vanished to load for me, I have to run 3-5 screens away from the item and then return before it will show up. (its a new screen resolution bug)
As for house items missing, yes I've heard they are dropping down to the very bottom of the axis far below the house, GM's have to be called to raise the items once more.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was taught to dismount and then remount my ethy. It makes the world reload for some reason. Missing stuff in my place usually reappears when I do this

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I tried to contact a GM in hopes that maybe the items missing were actually not and the GM could retrieve them.
(maybe under the house somehow) got a reply saying GM could not replace lost items!!...ever dumb

Whatever this bug in game is...they really need to fix it asap!!

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
gms cant do anything except report it. it happens and will happen, again. just like stuff gets deleted from banks/chars backpacks on other shards even though it is said devs don't delete anything. only the gifts remain lol. I know u and I know this happens. sorry bud. ive posted about this before. thank god doesn't happen often, I think lol. I did have a box of soul stones go under castle once. gms didnt find first time and I almost quit. gl

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure if this applies here or could be what happen

3 out of 5 of my accounts ever charter I log in say I wish to release this and the coarser comes up I click on trees out side my house. It worries me that sooner or later it will release an item in my house and I won't no about it.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if this applies here or could be what happen

3 out of 5 of my accounts ever charter I log in say I wish to release this and the coarser comes up I click on trees out side my house. It worries me that sooner or later it will release an item in my house and I won't no about it.
Sounds like you have that phrase on a hotkey? if so delete the hotkey and try again.

Herp!

Journeyman
I was taught to dismount and then remount my ethy. It makes the world reload for some reason. Missing stuff in my place usually reappears when I do this
Curiously enough, in EC(possibly CC, haven't tested it) opening/closing your paperdoll will also reload the visible world, this also works in place of tab target spamming or teleporting to pull mass amounts of spawn at champions(will PO everything in range of you just like teleport).... :) Pertaining to OP though, relogging typically won't fix anything in CC or EC.. It's best to just reopen the client completely. If that doesn't work, I have had to have GMs come to pick up items that fell below the ground level before. Never had anything that vanished randomly actually stay gone for more than 7 days though(I forget to close my client often for weeks at a time).

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought it was just me and me doing something in game after a few too many tokes off of.. well you get my point! I had one of the chest you buy disappear from my castle that I had used to store some potions(15-20k each) and surplus artis.. Ive looked on each floor thinking it may have dropped through from the stone paver roof location. Now I worry that if this is truly a issue is the rest of my items safe....

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Well, I rewrote my GM help request like Lady Storm suggested and the GM searched for me but the items that I am missing, were nowhere to be found.:(
So just a heads up, that locked down and secured items, for whatever reason are disappearing randomly..
My guild-mate also mentioned, that a crate of exceptional quality he had on his roof has gone missing in the last few days as well!

*new bug or an old bug*, I dunno but it really sucks!

Thank you GM River for you assistance.:eyes:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Sorry you lost your stuff, I hope this will get fixed soon. :(

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad GM River showed up... it was worth a try to look... had a item once disappear on my tower roof.. after I raised it up a bit where it looked fine, went to the next level to get another item and when I went back up it was gone. after explaining to the GM the items location and what I had done prior he did a bit of searching.. low and behold it was up beyond eyesight. was told that not to raise anymore up on the roof as it will disappear also.....
Friend said they had a issue with the stonework dropping chests and bag to the basement.... this might have been the case if you have those.