• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Not going to be around much

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At least for a while :) My long time hired hand on the farm Quit Monday and with my blessing as he finally got a full time job at the tire plant. Which pays a lot better than I can :) I am never going to knock anyone for improving their lot in life. Billy has been with me for 8 years and is hands down the best and most dependable worker I have ever had and the kid is like a son to me. Where this hurts is good farm workers are more than a little difficult to find and until I do find someone to replace him, I have to pick up the slack. Which TBH I am really not in any shape to do but it is what it has and the work has got to be done...... it ain't optional :)

Which the timing of this is not all bad as it seems there are quite a few pet changes that are either nerfs, or them changing one thing and breaking 10 more in the process. It is not going to hurt to let them get wrecking the pet revamp out of their system before training more pets. As I discovered with 2 fresh tamed hiryus this morning if you put bushido on you lose special moves and if you put a special move on you lose bushido as a option. It also seems 20HPR is not really 20hpr anymore, spec moves go off at a snails pace, and several other things not included in the patch notes about Dex being 190 capped and phoenixs looking like a bad acid trip. Hopefully by the time I find a new hired hand and get her or him trained up and knowing which end of the hog is the head, they will have this all figured out and hopefully not nerfed into being useless.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good help really is hard to come by - good luck! Hope you still have time to visit Siege now and again, though. Or even just drop by here and say hi. I'll miss ya!

:heart:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh I will be back and still be around some. just the only thing on my mind when I drag in from the gardens and fields is going to the bedroom, cranking the AC down as cold as it will go and sleeping as long as physically possible :) One of the left overs from last years illness is heat sucks the life out of me, like 70 degrees feels like 100 degrees to me. I think I am going to just scale the vegetables back from 12 acres down to 2 acres and the greenhouses, I already sold the whole herd of cattle, and cut the hogs numbers by 2/3s. I can easily hand that on my own and it will still earn a decent living, the way I am going to sell things going forward. Or I could just retire but figure I would not be even a little bit happy as a retiree :) And yes finding a honest hired hand that will actually work takes a minor miracle now days. Went through over 300 before I found Billy and most of them didn't last a half a day.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hang in there! And don't push it too much. Life is too short.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Find yer self a nice Veteran that needs an outdoor kind of job.
Then we end up being friends and sitting and drinking beer and telling war stories all day and comparing scars and where the worst dives were and the best ......... yeah beter not go there. LOL This old E-7 can't run that kind of therapy farm, the VA would strongly disapprove :)

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Umm, a new pet patch? Did I miss some damned nerfs? I left TF2 because of stupid nerfs, fixes and rebalancing! And those were caused by none other than whining CoD kids that flowed in after TF2 went free-to-play.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Umm, a new pet patch? Did I miss some damned nerfs? I left TF2 because of stupid nerfs, fixes and rebalancing! And those were caused by none other than whining CoD kids that flowed in after TF2 went free-to-play.
Thing like if you add bushi to a hiryu then you can't pick a aoe or a spec mover and it seems sometimes if you pick the AOE or spec move Bushi is not listed on tha magical abilities list. On some critters spells and spec move fire like a machine gun and other pets you can fight a long battle and might see 1 or 2 spells or spec moves and wonder why you bothered putting more than 100 mana on the pet, of course one way to fix the complaining about pets using spell and spec moves is to just make them rarely use them. HPR seems to have have slowed down, mana use and cost seems like it is all over the map, I suspect the pet AI's are being tinkered with. The pets are not holding up nearly as well as they were the first few weeks after the pub. overall it looks like pets have lost 25%-30% of their effectiveness since the pub went world wide with unmentioned changes. Then the obvious and noted changes to dex caps at 190, phoenix base damage adjusted etc and yes the changes seem to be due to one play style crying about balance. One comment I saw cried "A tamer should not be able to solo the rat spawn!" Yet it fine that sammies and wammies can. Other folks complain their high end GDs and Dreads have been devalued. Others complain their 10 year old template is not effective and the usual balling for nerfs rather than trying new things and adapting to overcome the challenge, I mean OMG we can't have tamers even semi effective in PvP. And gosh A Nightmare teleported to me and dismounted me!!! How Unfair, never mind that the tamer had to be dismounted to send the mare to dismount. LOL if I arguably the worst PvPr on Siege can not only survive a pheonix attack but run it away kill it and sneak off from the PK surely a real PvPr could overcome the challenge. Ruined a couple of good Hiryus after the Bushi/Spec Move *Feature* was added without a word. And toasted a good reptalon due to another feature. Basically I spent a bunch of time figuring the taming pub out, so I could relearn everything by trial and error each day. They had it pretty much right on world wide release. A couple of tweaks and nerfs were obviously needed. but since the mana nerf that wrecked a lot of peoples pets like dread spiders it looks like they are doubling down on the nerfs. The last thing I want to do right now is take someones pet and then hand them back something that is not what they wanted because they *Fixed* more stuff that was not broken.

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
"Should not be able to solo" sounds like CoD kids whine. When did they get interested in old school UO?

Well, as long as at least ONE pet can have life leech AND bushi, it should be fine.

Last edited:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Then we end up being friends and sitting and drinking beer and telling war stories all day and comparing scars and where the worst dives were and the best ......... yeah beter not go there. LOL This old E-7 can't run that kind of therapy farm, the VA would strongly disapprove :)
ya say that like it is a bad thing... and screw the VA.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya say that like it is a bad thing... and screw the VA.
Oh no it is not a bad thing, it is just not a very productive thing :) You might be amazed at how many of us start small farms or little homestead operations when we get out, then again you might not LOL. About a dozen of us have a pretty good little network of helping each other out with big jobs, Like when I put the last high tunnel up we had a 3 day job done in about 12 hours (Proof that engineers are not totally worthless :) ) LOL we even have a retired Major (Nurse) that comes around and patches us up..... when the hey guys hold my beer and watch this starts. I have had more than a few offer to come and stay and help but that is a short term bandaid and would set their own place back. Gotta look at the long term solutions which means scaling it back to what I can reasonably do myself and being realistic about it LOL. Yep in my prime I could do 12 acres of produce by my self. And on a superman day I still can but realistically the superman days are about 2 a month and cutting it back to 2-3 acres is a much more realistic operation for me at this point. Which 2 acres still makes one hell of a lot of tomatoes and carrots :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok. Bottom line.. you gonna give notice when you are running training sessions or putting trained pets on your stall? :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yes I will :) I do want to wait until they finish tweaking, been spending a hour or so on origin when I can't sleep since the tweaking seems to hit there first. Spec moves and spell casting seem to have picked up in frequency over the last couple of nights. Where before they firing off so slow the mana barely dropped. What I don't want to do is sell or charge someone for training a pet and them dump 100k-500k into a totally nerfed steaming turd. Would be like a used car salesman selling you a car that sat under water in a flood for a week and you find all the problems here and there and are not very happy with your new ride. And I am not putting any pets on my Origin stall at this time either.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I will have to check that Origin vendor someday, it got a name?