• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Not Getting Skill Lock

D

donnallg

2 of my sims on the same account were created the same day. One in AV and one in JP I moved them both to EAL. The one from JP got her lock but the one from AV did not.

Why is this?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Skill locks appear at the time you created your sim. If you created one sim at 9:00 am in the morning, it will receive the lock before a sim you created at 3:00pm in the afternoon. Is your lock 24hrs late? Or is it just due sometime today?

D

donnallg

24 hours late.

My other sim was created within 10 minutes of the other and she got her lock but the other one didn't.

I'm aware of that of the locks and I always wait 24 hours before I panic.

D

donnallg

Ok now I'm mad. It's been 48 hours and still no skill lock.

She is 569 days was suppose to go it on 567.

Like I said before my other sim created with in 10 minutes of her got her lock just fine but she's yet to get hers.

They need to fix all these damn bugs before they continue.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Considering the fact that they are about to issue skill locks according to account age rather than sim age, it really isn't worth getting that worked up over, is it?

D

donnallg

Yes it is because she was due the lock.

I'm tired of waiting on this damn game for something that my sims deserve and not getting them.

It wouldn't piss me off that bad but that is the one thing that I look forward to and want it when it's due to me.

And besides there is no telling when they are going to give us locks according to age. I don't want to wait months before receiving a lock.

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

I'm tired of waiting on this damn game for something that my sims deserve and not getting them.

It wouldn't piss me off that bad but that is the one thing that I look forward to and want it when it's due to me.

And besides there is no telling when they are going to give us locks according to age. I don't want to wait months before receiving a lock.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's actually in March. So, probably in 2 to 3 weeks.

D

donnallg

From what I read that was the cut off as to when the accounts had to be active. I didn't read anything about them doing it in March.

C

Cruz Cavera

They are going to be given out when they run the Amnesty. Which is in March.

D

donnallg

Ok well either way. This sim happens to be the same age as my account so the amnesty doesn't effect her. So therefore I would like my lock now since she was suppose to have gotten it already.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on now FFS, the cut off date for reactivating an account is March 8th, which a little more than a week away, so that tells me that the amnesty will happen sometime soon after that date, if not on that date. Besides, its ONE skill lock, the way you're behaving its as if it was 10 locks and therefore severely impacting your ability to make money with that skill. One point higher is not gonna give you a whole lot better payout.

*passes out chill pills*

G

Personally, I think the devs should stop all the city merges, stop the database migrations, stop working on the update server problems, freeze all custom-content submission approvals, and - basically cease and desist all efforts toward the game, and focus their efforts on getting Ms. Donna her skill lock so that she may go back to enjoying her game. What say ye?

*goes to hospital to have tongue surgically removed from cheek*

G

<blockquote><hr>

Personally, I think the devs should stop all the city merges, stop the database migrations, stop working on the update server problems, freeze all custom-content submission approvals, and - basically cease and desist all efforts toward the game, and focus their efforts on getting Ms. Donna her skill lock so that she may go back to enjoying her game. What say ye?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have given this careful thot, and have arrived at my decision.

G

Ok let's analyze this. What's more important to this game?
1. Being able to log into game? (Constant verify loop, Castanet errors... etc)
2. Custom Content?
3. Fixing the horrible economy issues?
4. Completing the merge so people can play their older sims?
5. Getting 1 skill lock for 1 sim?

Yes, not getting skill locks are important just because the fear out there is "well, they didn't get me 1... what happens next time I am due one?" Overall, there are so many other issues with higher priorities that need to get taken care of first. As someone said, when they run Aminesty you will most likely get all the locks you are owed.

By the way, I am voting for #1. What is the point to the rest if we can't log in?
lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I say damn you for making me laugh so hard after eating the lunch I just ate!

D

donnallg

I didn't ask for any smartassness. I'm pissed because I don't have my lock. Whether it is 1 or 10 doesn't matter to me. It's my lock and I want it.

What they need to do is fix some of their damn bugs before going further and creating more.

If you don't have anything but snide remarks how about just keep them to yourself. You only piss people off more that are already pissed off because of the problems with their sims.

G

Donna,
I think everyone is trying to put things in perspective. What good is your skill lock if you can't log into the game? What good is it if the economy is still messed up to the point that having those skills doesn't make a difference? The only thing I meant with my post was that there are much bigger issues going on here. Give it some time and I am sure you will get you lock PLUS whatever your overall account age is.

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Rofl..

D

donnallg

Yes I understand that.

My whole point to this all is they need to fix this crap before they continue on with what they are doing. They are rushing and screwing up everything.

I understand that there are people that can't log in. And I feel for them. My other computer won't log in so therefore my family can't play at the same time I can.

I also understand that there are many other bugs and believe me I'm pissed about them too. My whole understanding is that TC3 is where they were suppose to iron out the bugs for EALand. But that's not the case now is it?

Right now it's a momentary fix for everything, they should be working harder to fix all the bugs that were created.

You all can say what you want about me complaining about not getting my skill lock. But to me my skill locks are important to me. I have been playing for almost 4 years and I pay for 5 accounts so it pisses me off to no end when I don't get what is earned for any of my sims.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I didn't ask for any smartassness. I'm pissed because I don't have my lock. Whether it is 1 or 10 doesn't matter to me. It's my lock and I want it.

What they need to do is fix some of their damn bugs before going further and creating more.

If you don't have anything but snide remarks how about just keep them to yourself. You only piss people off more that are already pissed off because of the problems with their sims.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmmm..... dunno, hon - a display of selfishness at the expense of everyone else has a tendency to irritate, too.

D

donnallg

This has nothing to do with selfishness.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that this has happened to. But I'm also not afraid to speak my mind about not getting what I pay for.

G

I believe most of these problems didn't start happening until they started to prepare to move the first city. In my opinion, they shoud have stopped merging and fixed the issues. But, they didn't. Hell, the MFers are now merged and yet I am still reading of people not being able to log in. There are alot of things that need fixing and yet they keep merging cities. Not sure where they are going with all this, but I know alot of people are fed up with all the issues.

G

YAY Katheryne to the rescue. Maybe we should all report bug reports for all the issues? lol.

D

donnallg

Yea we are.

The Devs don't care about the people in this game. They can act like it but they don't. If they did they would stop what they were doing and fix the bugs that were created during all of this. They are worried about getting the merges done and getting "free" players to join in hopes of subscribing. They are worried about getting people to use the ATMs.

Everyone keeps boosting their egos telling them they are doing a good job, when in reality they aren't doing their job properly.

G

People keep boosting their egos because it has been such a long time since we have seen this much updating to our game. Everyone is excited that TSO is not dying but they are trying to improve it. You have to remember, this game sat for years with no updates. What they are trying to do now is no easy feat. They are taking a game with code from 2004 and trying to get it up to 2008. Alot has changed in the last 4 years. They may not be handling this the best way possible, but they definitely do care about us. If not, they would not be working all hours of the night to get the game back up for us.

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

Okay... In all seriousness: Have you considered submitting a bug report?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I have. I have also called tech support and got some guy from India named George who told me I had the wrong dept. Then called back and got a woman from India named Debbie that told me I need to go back to the same dept. that George was from.

G

I read in a post that the tech support dept. (In INdia) is not up to speed on this game. For years, any calls to them were referred back to the website. Any support came from the web. They are finally starting to take calls again, but they have no clue what is going on. Your best place for information is here or on the wiki page.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
*reads your posts again*
Ummm.... yeahhhhh, selfishness - pretty much.
Your tone is like "stop the world and gimme my lock".

You're not the only one that has been around for a long time (Beta - Oct 2002), or the only one paying for multiple accounts.
I mean, like, you know.... if you're all that pissed about being a couple days late getting your lock..... stop paying.... that'll teach 'em.

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
*reads your posts again*

You're not the only one that has been around for a long time (Beta - Oct 2002), or the only one paying for multiple accounts.
I mean, like, you know.... if you're all that pissed about being a couple days late getting your lock..... stop paying.... that'll teach 'em.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I'm not saying stop the world to give me my damn lock. I'm saying stop the damn merges and fix the damn bugs.

I

imported_debslee

<blockquote><hr>

People keep boosting their egos because it has been such a long time since we have seen this much updating to our game. Everyone is excited that TSO is not dying but they are trying to improve it. You have to remember, this game sat for years with no updates. What they are trying to do now is no easy feat. They are taking a game with code from 2004 and trying to get it up to 2008. Alot has changed in the last 4 years. They may not be handling this the best way possible, but they definitely do care about us. If not, they would not be working all hours of the night to get the game back up for us.

[/ QUOTE ]

*Applauds Duncan's reply*

For me, Donna - we the customer always feel that we are right - and yes you deserve your lock, and I hope you get it - but sometimes we judge people and the way they do things without knowing all the facts. This is what I have a problem with. I think making a blanket comment that the Devs dont care about us is unfounded and unjustified, considering all that Duncan pointed out above, and just because you have not received one skill lock, is a little unfair, dont you think?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
*reads your posts again*

[/ QUOTE ]

x

Personally, I'd stop paying my money if they stopped the merges just to give somebody a lock.

O, wait, no I wouldn't.

But then again, I don't let this game piss me off enough to come off selfish either.

G

In another thread, Lee (or maybe Luc) posted that some operations that involve the data bases (i.e. skill locks) may take a while to update due to the ongoing merge. So, what you are experiencing is more likely to be simple lag rather than a bug.

G

December 2002.

Has it occured to anyone yet that we might not be seeing "the big picture" where the game is concerned? Maybe - just maybe - if the devs can finish with the merges and the server updates/replacements without having to stop every few minutes to pick up someone's binkie - the vast majority of these bizarre connection bugs will magically disappear?

Also, given that they are working under a specific deadline posed by EA - namely "get this game in the black by Summer 2008 or we pull the plug forever" - is it so wrong of them to try to get people into the game, resubscribing, and hitting up the ATM machines?

G

I disagree with the notion that they should stop the forward progress of this game to fix minor bugs....and a missing skill lock is a *very* minor bug.

The sooner they get the cities and server moves completed, the sooner they can work on a *permanant* fix for which ever bugs, survive the merge.

There *is* a big picture here, and they have their priorities ordered to the greater good. To paraphrase Casa Blanca:

"I'm no good programming, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of one little skill lock don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world."

Report the bug, and then get on with the game. They will deal with it when they have the time...if amnesty does not do it for them.

G

<blockquote><hr>

December 2002.

<u>Has it occured to anyone yet that we might not be seeing "the big picture" where the game is concerned? Maybe - just maybe - if the devs can finish with the merges and the server updates/replacements without having to stop every few minutes to pick up someone's binkie - the vast majority of these bizarre connection bugs will magically disappear?</u>

Also, given that they are working under a specific deadline posed by EA - namely "get this game in the black by Summer 2008 or we pull the plug forever" - is it so wrong of them to try to get people into the game, resubscribing, and hitting up the ATM machines?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes it has - and I posted several times in this regard.
Peopled ignored me in droves.

D

donnallg

Whatever. I'm done posting about it all.

You all can sit back and act like none of this bothers you if you want just to save face.

If that's not the case then give me some of your Prozac.

I

imported_debslee

<blockquote><hr>

Whatever. I'm done posting about it all.

You all can sit back and act like none of this bothers you if you want just to save face.

If that's not the case then give me some of your Prozac.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be quite frank, not receiving ONE skill lock really doesnt bother me at all and would rather not trip over the little stuff and waste time and energy over something that I cannot change.....time to build a bridge! Lets stay focussed on the bigger picture and these minor irritations will soon disappear I believe!

G

Sorry, hon - no Prozac here. It comes from being old enough to realize that life is too short to spend it sweating the petty [censored].

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sorry, hon - no Prozac here. It comes from being old enough to realize that life is too short to spend it sweating the petty [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

x again.

G

I wish i would have said that, because mine prob would have come out wrong and it would have gotten deleted !!!!!!

Think I'll just go to that other thread and welcome all those mf'ers to ealand

G

<blockquote><hr>

Think I'll just go to that other thread and welcome all those mf'ers to ealand

[/ QUOTE ]

I read this before I read about MF being the next city to merge....taken totally out of context I am now recovering from a fit of giggles!
OK, so it *might* be the fever I'm running too, but jim gets the credit just for the heck of it.....

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

I disagree with the notion that they should stop the forward progress of this game to fix minor bugs....and a missing skill lock is a *very* minor bug.

The sooner they get the cities and server moves completed, the sooner they can work on a *permanant* fix for which ever bugs, survive the merge.

There *is* a big picture here, and they have their priorities ordered to the greater good. To paraphrase Casa Blanca:

"I'm no good programming, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of one little skill lock don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world."

Report the bug, and then get on with the game. They will deal with it when they have the time...if amnesty does not do it for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the sensible thing to do. There are going to be many more bugs that will affect many other people until the merges are complete and most of us have been affected by them in a much more serious nature. I only wish my problems could have been a missing skill point.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

I'm sure I'm not the only one that this has happened to. But I'm also not afraid to speak my mind about not getting what I pay for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Donna I am sorry to say you have made this thread all about Donna and only Donna. I have a hard time sympathizing with you over a missing skill point when many other players are dealing with much more serious issues. I have been deemed the bug magnet here however, if we compare not being able to log into the game verses a missing skill lock I would have to say I would trade bugs with you any day of the week. And then you critizie each comment because people aren't feeling your pain. I personally want EA to finish thier merges so we can all get on with the game. Also, one missing skill lock wouldn't affect me since I overskill in order to get a higher payout on the money objects. BTW, I don't think sensable people need the prozac. If this skill lock is bothering you to the extent you have taqken it to i'll make you a deal. After the merges are complete, I will personally teach you whatever skill you need at no charge.