• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Not gaining Fame anymore.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

I have a Necromancer that I'm trying to get to Dread Lord. He has been a Dread Lord before but then Sacrificed and lost the title. Got him back to Dread but he no longer gets Fame from Demons. He can get fame from a Paragon Demon but every other character I have gets plenty of Fame from regular Demons, and can get to Lord/Lady by killing them.

His Karma is locked. It's Fame that is the issue.

This is a Demon-specific question. I'm sure I could send him off to kill rotting corpse Paragons, etc to get fame... if he could live that long. The point is that every other char I have can "Lord" off a deamon and they get the message that they are gaining Fame. My Necro gets no message at all... no fame.

Thanks for any info.

************Added Info**************

Ok, just took him hunting and he got fame... he died too though so I'll have to see if he makes Lord now but here is some additional info:

He hunts by using a combination of Nature's Fury and creatures animated from his kills. He will also cast some spells like Mind Rot, or Strangle but for the most part he avoids direct combat and lets his summons do the work. As an experiment I had him kill a Demon without any animated creatures or Nature's Fury and that is when he got fame... but then did he get fame cause he died once this am... or... is it because he didnt use animated creatures for the damage... ACK!

****************Another update************

Killed 3-4 deamons and stopped getting Fame again. Partied with a friend, killed a para and another, no fame... varied tactics... no fame. Cant get to Dread Lord.

Here is something really interesting... when my friend and I were partied, she got no fame either... but as soon as we disbanded she started to get fame again.

********Another update and CONCLUSION***********

Well, I hate to answer my own posts but here is something I noticed. If I use Natures Fury or Necro spells to kill the Deamon, I get fame. Even if I let the Furies do all the damage I get fame. BUT If I animate dead and let the Golems do the damage I dont get fame. If I cast Revenant and let it and the animated Golems fight, no fame. If I drop 4 Natures Fury and have 3 animated Golems, no fame. So I'm guessing the animated creatures are somehow being counted the same as players in the damage points allotment and if I dont get in there and toss off a few Withers, etc... I still get the loot but no fame.

Is this something I was supposed to know already? Should I be slapping myself on the forehead on this?

***************Epilogue****************

Well, at the risk of having this moved to the Rant's forum... just would like to add. My Necro made Dread Lord in about 25mins by casting Nature's Fury. Funny that a necromancer can not rely on his armies of animated Undead for fame... he has to call on crickets and bees. Hmmm... I wonder if I could animate undead crickets and bees... at least that would fit his character better.

imported_EricksonYates

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, boss, you were hunting on the non-risk side of the UO world. You actually will gain faster in Felucca. Just take the risk of getting killed by a red or blue who happens to find you.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you read my whole post there seems to be something odd going on. It would be interesting to do the same experiment in Fel, however the process of elimination requires some control over the cirsumstances. Kinda hard to tell if I'm not getting fame from deamons if I'm getting ganked by reds, right?

Anyway, my experiment is over now. I've reached my conclusion.

Safe Travels, Sam

I

imported_Ishtar

You won't get fame from animate dead things, not sure why but ya don't. I have a Dread Lady and learned from experience. I tend to kill Ice Fiends for fam because they spawn at a controlled level.