• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Carpentry] not enough time

B

Banner

OK I know some where in these forums there is a section tell you how do donate to the library? I don't have time to do the things that a normal person would have to do in order to donate.. I know there is a quicker way of doing it.. I am working on Carpentry and would like to donate to the library so could some one tell me how to do this thanks....

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
well if you just want to donate to get a item I would just donate the boards they give 1 point each so 200 = 200 points where as 200 boards can make 25 Bokuto that give 8 each so its the same by donating just boards you save a step!

or there is gold

if you want to do as you gain skill load all your packies with boards and tools and head to the library and craft and donate as you go ! there may be a way to macro it with uoassist but i am not sure!

there was talk of changing the system but when and if it is ever done is anyones guess

Storm

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
oh and by the way is your name taken from the Thomas covenant series? Loved those books

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Try crafting the items in a container that is likely to cause everythign to stack close together (like a basket), or stack everything in a corner of a pack. Put the donation gump over the stack, to where the dot to click is on top of the stack - less mouse movement that way.

Also, it's possible to record a UO Assist macro that will effectively donate one item for every one you manually donate while it's running. I did it by accident once, and can't remember how. I've heard stories of more efficient macro, though.

G

Gowron

I guess the primary question is what are you trying to acquire through the Library donations?

Depending on what I'm trying to acquire, I'll do the following:
Turn in raw materials: wood, ingots, leather, regs
Craft items: swords, shields, axes
Buy items: swords, shields, axes, regs, ninja hoods
Collect monster loot:

Assuming carpentry is for Bokutos, crafting is one option. Another is going to the carpenter shops in Tokuno and buying them up as well. It's a bit more efficient than throwing gold directly down.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Gowron - it's also possible, if you get the quest for your crafter, to train a good part of the upper skill of Carpentry on Bokutos and Shepherd's Crooks (the latter go to the Animal trainer NPC on the second floor).

It's a lot more cost-efficient than simply throwing the stuff away, or axing it, as you actually get something valuable (collection points) in return.