• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Not Damian

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Like 2 decades ago a friend retired and gave me his account. I play a lot of those characters still.

I noticed one year collecting anniversary gifts that he often had a single character on unused shards named "Damian." I created a bunch of other characters for future anniversary gifts, then forgot.

So this is a previous me giving the current me a chuckle and the names I chose to add to the single "Damian" on this shard -

1633186490762.png

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've got an account similar to that from a friend... it's ancient. He liked to have characters "The One" and he dressed them all the same. They are stashed at random inns and taverns across Britannia. I've never used any of the characters except to claim gifts, but "The One" is a fixture on the account.

The One.PNG The One.PNG The One 2.PNG

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's a hoot... sometimes it's fun to see what fun characters you've inherited on other shards.

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's a hoot... sometimes it's fun to see what fun characters you've inherited on other shards.
Yeah, until you find a character named 'Pull My Finger' and 'Lo Hung Long Wang' and are left wondering how drunk you were when you decided to use such stupid names :rolleyes:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The people who stripped the AoS gifts off my main account, then gave it to me, named characters One through Five (well, their first name One-Five on one) on a couple west coast shards, GL & LS (they originally played one of the latter two before being one of the LA land rush families).

So, I try to collect as many of the Artisan festival boxes as I can on those shards, give the XXXX named boxes to the family members of those people that still play, then sell the One, Two, Three, Four and Five boxes on my vendors for people needing storage they want to organize.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I have an inherited account with a bunch of characters on almost every shard all called Bo, no idea what the thinking was there, all dressed the same, all warriors. I didn't notice until I was going to make a few chars on other shards for gifts, I've only ever played on Europa, I didn't need to make those other chars but no idea why they all have the same, weirdly short, name.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have an inherited account with a bunch of characters on almost every shard all called Bo, no idea what the thinking was there, all dressed the same, all warriors. I didn't notice until I was going to make a few chars on other shards for gifts, I've only ever played on Europa, I didn't need to make those other chars but no idea why they all have the same, weirdly short, name.
Bo knows . . .

samaelmcgovern

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I'm pretty sure I traded loooong time ago (maybe 1999 or 2000) alot of holiday gifts with a guy who had various accounts with an army of chars named Bo on all shards

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, until you find a character named 'Pull My Finger' and 'Lo Hung Long Wang' and are left wondering how drunk you were when you decided to use such stupid names :rolleyes:
Well I can't post some of the names of characters I've inherited... some of them I actually deleted.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My hubby's acct has a char named Squatting Tree. I refuse to log it in and get gifts each year.

Lord Viro

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is my own account and not an inherited one. at some point i must have gotten drunk and LS was down so i created a toon on another shard. A "Fart Elemental" lol

i found it the other day again and had a good chuckle lol.