• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Nostalgia Thread!

G

Who's still in contact with old players?

I was reading through some old PM's cos i was bored... and i miss the busyness of the boards!

Have some hateful messages from people, some loving ones, many funny ones.. Arguments with mods, rivals, people asking for advice/help...

I miss all that stuff!

Europa had some real characters... ah... all good times! Wish i could read the old threads!

G

just for that, no happy birthday for you.

i have good memories of early AOS fights against com. They were best rivals. Later on into aos I would fight the whole faction alone.. also good fun! Donnelley > commies.

Drakhan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Omg so rude. Now I hate you even more.

Early AOS was fun yes but p15 faction was ze bestest ever.

I remember having to scroll in the UOAM player list....action packed.

D

Drachonis

Sweet Jesus it's Drakhan.

Long time no see buddy, still playing UO then or did you go to WOW with the rest of the council?

Drakhan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy ranger

Nah I never really left UO and WoW was a terrible experience for me so I decided to get a kid instead to keep me busy

G

<blockquote><hr>

so I decided to get a kid instead to keep me busy

[/ QUOTE ]

did you buy online or shop locally?

G

<blockquote><hr>

i think you can get baby goats on a farm zole

[/ QUOTE ]

are you kidding?

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still in touch with quite a few old and ex-uo players =)

Some more often than others admittedly - Saktoth, Angelus Moon, Ra Karn Moon, Shaex, Jhaniss Glannath, Xirzin, Klyssa of Trinsic, and a few others.

Theres a few people over on facebook somwhere as well.

Depends who you want to try and track down really =)

~~edit~~

There are also quite a lot of old [as in age of account] players still playing in Uo - Muldran, Decardo, Irvyn, Cherry, Klion, Garod, Alynora, Geronimo mostly over on www.f4g.net or www.uoforums.com

G

bah, f4g ([censored]) stopped being good forums when EFC was shut down! That was one of the best forums ever!

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

bah, f4g ([censored]) stopped being good forums when EFC was shut down! That was one of the best forums ever!

[/ QUOTE ]

Undoubtedly EFC was *the* most controversial, flame-filled, amusing, heretical, offensive and utterly fabulous forum I ever had the pleasure of reading.

Makes the stratics forums look liek a picnic with teddy bears in comparison =)

G

It wasn't all flames and hatred.. but as the name, it was a forum for the fel community. Met a lot of good folk that way as well...

I

imported_Coppelia

<blockquote><hr>

I'm still in touch with quite a few old and ex-uo players =)

Some more often than others admittedly - Saktoth, Angelus Moon, Ra Karn Moon, Shaex, Jhaniss Glannath, Xirzin, Klyssa of Trinsic, and a few others.

Theres a few people over on facebook somwhere as well.

Depends who you want to try and track down really =)

~~edit~~

There are also quite a lot of old [as in age of account] players still playing in Uo - Muldran, Decardo, Irvyn, Cherry, Klion, Garod, Alynora, Geronimo mostly over on www.f4g.net or www.uoforums.com

[/ QUOTE ]
Bah that reminds me CMg. Yoldran and all. They went to WoW

And Jenny!

Anyway there are still lots of nice players from ye olde times

K

Krou`z Harrison

mmmm Nossssstalgia...

Well i dont go back to the very begginging but pre pub16 gaming was where i loved the game, risking losing that silver katana of vanqishing to a corpse looter was a risky but rewarding buzz.

UO original and most rewarding mmo i ever played.

Hoping AoC will relight my fire...

G

Aim ya hatred at me!! i seem to be the hatred magnet!!

Alas i do miss the old brit smithes etc who would craft away a nice suit for some hard earned gold..and wow yah losing that valorite armour or that silver kantana....good days

T

thalantis

and then there was me :p
also moved on to wow

i remember zole and trev and many more

G

I miss being chased killed and splatted on both my thieves.

I long for a game where folk like the fantastic Europa felucca folk can splat, kapow, shout at and chase me about dungeons and moon gates.

I remember when champs first appeared and at the ones close to easy access areas (papua and del) would have blue after blue turn up and no blue would attack another blue through fear of going red. It was amazing how many peoples backpacks i could get up on the screen at one time when everyone just stood there bags on view to me and my sticky paws

Last summer when we had all them harrowers is also quite nostalgic for me cause i had so much fun being chased and beated at them too hehe.

G

I agree with Drakhan on this one p15 Faction were the most fun time ever in this game!
Lets hope something like that will come again one day. But what the hell, its still a fine game we are playing

D

Deric Brokenhelm

Who are all you new players and what are you doing here?
(Gah! Had to register a new username since Brokenhelm was taken already, but couldn't log into it since the username doesn't exist. Mental!)

Nixon[I-C]

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Theres a name I haven't seen in a few years. Most people lost their usernames a few years ago in some database bug.

Hope things are going good Brokenhelm

(Bladey)

X

Xizz

Oh..nostalgia.

Just started to play again and noticed...factions..ah, the glorious factions.
oh so dead :/

Sitting up at nights, getting pissed off because Sly and HH decided to team up against us.
Then just fight and fight..making boxes, fight some more..ouf..
Getting reskilled over and over at the healers by Chandarian and Lunitz..
Joy ,)

In touch with most CLOWNs.
We wrecked some..well uh, we brought some smiles to WoW aaand now just waiting for AoC and/or Darkfall.

/
Ytran/Aiello/a nusze

BRING IN THE CLOWNS!!

G

Might be fairly quiet, but been around for a while

Oh and Thalantis, remember TOP and the Grailhall? Now that's a fair time ago...

G

mining naked so you could carry more ore back to minoc to smelt. getting so angry at being killed in the mines and running to the healer that you get rezzed then go backand use your journeyman miner to attack your foe with your pickaxe with obvious consequences!

I

imported_Riply

I remember the clowns guild, if memory serves me they use to hang out above NE corner of Trisnic, not to far from the swamps. But that was quite awhile ago, they were a fairly large PK guild I believe.
The one PKer I rememeber most was a player named sheepdog, he had a pretty high bounty on his head. Those were fun times to be sure, I was kinda hoping that for the 10th anniv of UO that they would have made a permant pre gen shard for players and alowed players to place a house thier with out penalty of losing your house on your main shard. I would not even mind if the houses were limited to perhaps a log cabin in size, heck a tent would be good enough. Just make so you cant transfer things to and from other shards like siege.
We had one of the older guilds on the shard named Guardians of the Shattered Stone or "GOS".
Good memories

S

Storm Force

I do miss the community spirit of UO but I gotta say - WoW ftw !