• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Nostalgia Strikes Again!

Dramora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was searching my character's bank boxes this evening. I admit, I haven't really cleaned them out since I came back to UO several months ago, so every time I search for something, I run across things that I had forgotten I had.

Tonite was no exception. Every time I came across an IDOC way back when, I would grab all of the player written books I could find. So tonite I ran across several of those, and had to stop and read them all.

The one that caused tonite's wave of nostalgia was written by the guild, KAS - Knights of Arcane Steel. I'm sure at least some of you remember this guild...Izzy, Raven, Biscanton and many more that I simply can't remember. And if any of them are reading this, they can feel free to come back to UO and kick my butt for forgetting who they are! And that's a challenge.

Anyhow, for those of you who don't know them or don't remember them, the guild's purpose was to find and destroy or control the Arcane swords, I think there were seven of them, but don't quote me on that. They would allow a guild to "find" one of these swords, and their purpose was to discover when/if this guild had in fact found the sword and figure out how to get it back from them. It was a wonderfully creative, long lasting story line. And they were really good at PVP....damn them!

My guild happened to be one of those who was blessed with one of their swords. We had such a great time actually finding the sword, which started with a player run quest, and ended with us going to some dungeon (I really can't remember which one), and getting the sword from some ghost or other. Since I still hold that sword, I'm not sure if they ever discovered that we did in fact find it. They could have given up the quest by that time, since, as I said, they were really good at PVP and people really had an issue with that eventually. Unfortunately.

So, tonite, I ran across the book that started the GV on their quest for the sword I still hold, the book that told the story about the sword and the magic it posessed, as well as the sword itself. It's a simple shadow sword made by an Arcane God. Simple, but holds so many wonderful memories of a truly creative guild I wish was still around.

Izzy....come back! Please????

Dramora, GV
Guardians of Virtue
Mistress of Virtue

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They were hooligans, kidnappers and ruffians, and a lot of fun to fight against. Their main foil in UO was the Knights of Yew and the two guilds were always beating each other senseless.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They were hooligans, kidnappers and ruffians, and a lot of fun to fight against. Their main foil in UO was the Knights of Yew and the two guilds were always beating each other senseless.
Now that I think of it, someplace in my stash I have some of the original books from the Arcane Steel. One of their leaders brought them to me as most of his guild was already gone, and he thought I would like to hold on to the history of them. I really need to start a through search one day and find some of these things.

Wolfraven71

Visitor
Now that I think of it, someplace in my stash I have some of the original books from the Arcane Steel. One of their leaders brought them to me as most of his guild was already gone, and he thought I would like to hold on to the history of them. I really need to start a through search one day and find some of these things.
KAS was a lot of fun to play with. The swords storyline was great fun both in rp and pvp.