• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NOOOOOO

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dinaj

Is anyone else getting the update error? I havent logged in for over a week and tonight I got:

failed to connect to the server. This may be due to networking issues or could be due to scheduled server maintenance. please verify your netwok connection and select retry to attempt to update the game again or select quit to exit the game.

Im obviously online ....

I

imported_Qute Pi

lol after I had the problem I came straight here. I seen NOOO and knew I wasn't the only one. So even tho not very descriptive, it was obvious to me lol.

Still going through the loops...trying tc3 this time, instead of EAL...we'll seeeee

D

dinaj

your quite welcome .... I have been told very often I have a way with words.
I'm a WORD WARRIOR BABY ...

T

tanyasharp76

I am having trouble getting into the game. I am getting an update error and can't get in the server.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

I am having trouble getting into the game. I am getting an update error and can't get in the server.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea there are a few of us having that problem. It's not just you.

T

tanyasharp76

I can get into my other sims I just can't get into the EA-Land Beta

I

imported_Qute Pi

I can't get into any of them.

Were you able to get into EA Land before?

T

tanyasharp76

I was able to get into it around 2 CST but I can't get into anything now.

P

philw1

I can get into the reg cities using the tsoclient.exe but not ealand

D

dinaj

poor Sunny is so severely depressed due to her humans neglect, she has put a noose around her neck and is currently standing on a chair, threatening to kick it away ...

LEE ... GREG ... PARIZAD .... put yer capes on and save the day!

D

dinaj

UPDATE: I have convinced her not to be so drastic, dramatic and hasty, she will wait untill Monday ...

T

tanyasharp76

Still can't get in to any cities and it has been an hour already. I just gonna have to wait and see tomorrow. But I am addicted to the game so it is going to be hard lol

G

OMG what is going on I've been trying to get into any city for the last 3 hrs and I can't get in <font color="brown"> </font>

N

nodgree

I quit the game a few months ago to let allthe Ea-Land stuff play out a bit, re-activated my account today, downloaded the 1.2gb ea-land update, made a sim, played for a little over and hour and logged off, no problems at all. Tonight I try to log back in and uh-oh, right back to the same problems that caused me to leave the game last november. I'll sit patiently for a few days I guess

T

tanyasharp76

I have no ideal all I do know is that I was able to get in this morning but now I can't

G

Hmmm.... I logged in fine - no idea what the problem is.

Maybe it has something to do with the Valentines Day splash screen (which is new) - did you guys use the Patch.exe to log in or the Client?
If Client, there is your likely suspect. Use the Patch to get the update first, then the Client.
If you used the Patch.exe when you ran into your problems, then do not read this post.

G

I didn't see a Valentine's Day splashscreen. Is this just an EA-Land thing? I've been in TC3 all evening...

N

Noddy Bond

my error is even better.

There was an error updating the updater. press 'Continue' to skip the updater update, or 'Quit' to quit the game.

huh? what? could you fit the word update in there enough?
but i did just see the nice pink and red valentines screen *off to gag now*
hey at least the continue button worked.

G

<blockquote><hr>

my error is even better.

There was an error updating the updater. press 'Continue' to skip the updater update, or 'Quit' to quit the game.

huh? what? could you fit the word update in there enough?
but i did just see the nice pink and red valentines screen *off to gag now*
hey at least the continue button worked.

[/ QUOTE ]ROFL!

"ERROR: Keyboard not found. Think F1 to continue"

I

imported_Danny Dots

i have been playing and paying for the past two weeks perfectly and tonight im getting the same error. i have never gotten the error before. Is there a way around it?

I

imported_Danny Dots

I just uninstalled and reinstalled TSO and now EA Land is blocked off as an option and only TC3 and TC3 test are but they get that same error as before. what is happening? this sucks.

N

Noddy Bond

Danny might want to read the release notes says somthing about on login from Danny Dots deny deny deny.

seriously though it seems the update patch server is borked so that maybe you screwed until monday.
hopefuly somone will spot it and fix it today.

G

It seems that the updater is down. This means a problem with EA's server not your game installation so trying to re-download right now isn't a good idea.

We're unable to patch between cities and if there has been any kind of update since you last logged in, you're unable to connect to the updater to start the patch.

Last time this happened it was a bit hit and miss - some kept trying and eventually got in.

If you last played in a production city then you probably won't have any issues logging in.

I've started a thread in Tech Advice for this problem.

Polly

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

yup Monday is a good bet

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah... i dont know why i thought maybe when i woke up today that it would be fixed. I must be stupid.

G

Hey, just wanted to let you know that Luc replied to comments posted on the blog regarding the log in issues and said that they're currently checking into it.

I

imported_LFancey

I am on it...

I will let you know when I know. If I don't give status every 5 minutes its cause I am busy.

UNINSTALLING AND REINSTALLING WILL NOT HELP IT WIIL WASTE YOUR TIME

Caps so you can see it not yelling.

Lee

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

I am on it...

I will let you know when I know. If I don't give status every 5 minutes its cause I am busy.

<font color=blue>UNINSTALLING AND REINSTALLING WILL NOT HELP IT WIIL WASTE YOUR TIME</font color=blue>

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Added blue for emphasis.

I

imported_werfreaks

I have always had the error "updating the updater" and always clicked continue and it took me to the log in page. I was always able to play. I never had a problem until last night. I switched from AV to EAland and it wanted me to update. During that update it failed connecting to the server. It always fails at the same point, "connecting to downloads.tso.ea.com:26100". I havent been able to get past it since.
Hope the info helps.

N

nodgree

<blockquote><hr>

I am on it...

UNINSTALLING AND REINSTALLING WILL NOT HELP IT WIIL WASTE YOUR TIME

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the update Lee!

G

To save everyone looking in two different places for updates - and to save Lee having to update twice, I'm going to lock this thread and ask that you all use the current thread in Tech advice

Polly

Status
Not open for further replies.