• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Noob / Vet Question

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okies quite simple

Does anyone still hop shop to shop around luna checking every vendor?? like back in 2005-2010...

Im guessing not....

Its ''ingame vendor search'' everytime yes....saves heaps of time..instant results.... bang u buy what u want what u were looking for ....very very quickly...

kinda means anyone can have a shop anywere in malas... tram even felluca!!!!

so the question is......why is Luna and Tokuna so expensive to buy....even a small house....its crazy......Is it just a status symbol only?? seems werd to restict yourself to a small luna plot just to say i live in luna!!! when u can have a shop in a max storage anywere...just a quirk of our beloved game i guess... its like living in the best place in London UK ...etc etc etc...lolz

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Okies quite simple

Does anyone still hop shop to shop around luna checking every vendor?? like back in 2005-2010...

Im guessing not....

Its ''ingame vendor search'' everytime yes....saves heaps of time..instant results.... bang u buy what u want what u were looking for ....very very quickly...

so the question is......why is Luna so expensive to buy....status symbol only?? seems werd to restict yourself to a small luna plot just to say i live in luna!!! when u can have a shop in a max storage anywere...just a quirk of our beloved game i guess... its like living in the best place in London UK ...etc etc etc...lolz
Pretty much a status symbol and yep I agree. I'm happy for the in game search... though I will say I do still go vendor to vendor in Luna but I also hit Tokuno, Yew Gate, Brit Gate, and Magincia... while just "looking" as sometimes I am not really looking to buy anything in particular just looking to see what is around for sale.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember, owners can also Opt out of vendor search, so sometimes it's good to still go looking for shops.
I know a well stocked vendor on Europa who has opted out as he says the Vendor search option just promotes shard raping of items.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who has time to check every vendor?

Vendor search is great
theres deffo no need to random look whats for sale vendor to vendor.....u can pratically just type search .....'a' ........ and this will bring 90% of everything for sale on that shard????

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
theres deffo no need to random look whats for sale vendor to vendor.....u can pratically just type search .....'a' ........ and this will bring 90% of everything for sale on that shard????
Pretty sure if you tried that it'd tell you "Please Narrow your Search"... or some such I think it does...

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Remember, owners can also Opt out of vendor search, so sometimes it's good to still go looking for shops.
I know a well stocked vendor on Europa who has opted out as he says the Vendor search option just promotes shard raping of items.
Brilliant!

However, when you choose to opt out, vendor fees should be reduced by 100%! :smile2:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its ''ingame vendor search'' everytime yes....saves heaps of time..instant results
Unless you're shopping on atlantic, in which case my experience is that 8 out of ten times it will tell you "search criteria is too vague" and give no results.
EVEN IF YOU'RE LOOKING AT THE ITEM ON TEH VENDOR AND TYPED IT IN JUST LIKE IT IS NAMED!!!!

Gah, I wish they would fix that!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okies quite simple

Im guessing not....

so the question is......why is Luna and Tokuna so expensive to buy....even a small house....its crazy......Is it just a status symbol only?? seems werd to restict yourself to a small luna plot just to say i live in luna!!! when u can have a shop in a max storage anywere...just a quirk of our beloved game i guess... its like living in the best place in London UK ...etc etc etc...lolz
The Devs felt that giving Siege the free travel to and from vendors would get exploited, we would all break out of the glassy shards and wreak havok on other shards. They didn't even consider the fact that they could give us free Gate Travel via the vendor deeds, similar to the way recall works on Prodo, nah...that's too OP for Siege, we can't have that. Oh but of course you can gate for free here off of a ship rune, because, well, that's not OP is it @Mesanna...@Kyronix....@AnyOtherDevNotCaring.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I personally think UO housing market is a big bubble. I can place max storage for free and my neighbor asks for a billion over his grey ugly keep *shrugs* As long as there are still people buying overpriced lots, the system keeps running.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The word "weight" gets everything.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
I do, because I just love exploring and checking things out when I am in the mood.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I personally think UO housing market is a big bubble. I can place max storage for free and my neighbor asks for a billion over his grey ugly keep *shrugs* As long as there are still people buying overpriced lots, the system keeps running.
And he'll probably find some sucker that will buy it sadly...

To me Max storage is a Castle... anything less is tiny. If I could buy more storage I would.

transcendent

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Unless you're shopping on atlantic, in which case my experience is that 8 out of ten times it will tell you "search criteria is too vague" and give no results.
EVEN IF YOU'RE LOOKING AT THE ITEM ON TEH VENDOR AND TYPED IT IN JUST LIKE IT IS NAMED!!!!

Gah, I wish they would fix that!
Sometimes changing the sort order from highest to lowest price will fix that

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i use vendir search on the 10 shards i play and searching for ......a ............as alwyas worked for me....high to low or low to high.....defoo 80-90% cover

try it....its working ok this minute on europa atl gl and chez

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
besides why is luna estate so expensive ... ask youself that question?????????? really is it just status symbol???

okies u want a house but u want a shop too..... so u can spend 15 billion on atl for a small plot in luna u get a shop with 1000/1500 storage...wow and u can charge folks 25-50k a week ...wowza!! .....although loads folks do free vendors now.....lolz and .. lolz again .....or place a 1818 free....get max storage and are 15 billion better off... that is u dont have to sell 15 billion of stuff plus fees so 20 billion say... just to break even?????

serously.....really?????

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i use vendir search on the 10 shards i play and searching for ......a ............as alwyas worked for me....high to low or low to high.....defoo 80-90% cover

try it....its working ok this minute on europa atl gl and chez
If you are on any shard but atlantic and want browse, just click exclude fel items and you will see everything else.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are on any shard but atlantic and want browse, just click exclude fel items and you will see everything else.
awesome... u learn something new in UO everyday!!

just logged to a random other than Atl shard...this case LS and tried this....its works a treat.... thanks for the info!!!

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I think houses in Zento should be the more expensive ones, as they are pre-deco outside already, so even if you have really bad building skills, its not soo rough on the eyes, but true its status thing now, has zero impact in sales of any sort.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehehhee a shop that opts out of trade... winner no

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehehhee a shop that opts out of trade... winner no
After your 1st Platinum, in-game currency tends to mean nothing.
Heck I just bought a Tram castle on Europa for 100mill and an EM chair. lol

What is valuable is for an Explorer to think they have found their own little goldmine.
To reward those that still go out and explore and not those that are just buying to take back to Atlantic...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
some tram castles on europa are 100-200m

whatever but ..hey... whatever... enjoy waiting for the explorer...

Last edited:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
100-200m ? maybe 5 years ago.
Sold my last one before my break for 400mill.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but u just bought one for 100m with a em chair... that tells me the price is 100m??

do u get a better deal than anyone else... strange... maybe ...

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but u just bought one for 100m with a em chair... that tells me the price is 100m??

do u get a better deal than anyone else... strange... maybe ...
100mill Plus the EM Chair.
EM Chair was just an event pixel to me but sold for 400mill on Atlantic.
So you could say the Castle cost 500mill...
Either way, getting a castle in Tram on Europa just as they are announcing we will soon be able to change the designs is awesome. ;)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hey enjoy the castle man.... the new designs will be awesome.... and yes the em stuff is just over-inflated pixel booty ...alas it keeps a lot happy and by doing so helps keep UO alive i guess...certainly not my cup of UO tea...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But back on topic... why have a shop in luna that costs xx plat/billion .....when hardly nobody shops randomly vendor to vendor shop to shop....as all we need do is use ingame search and like said simply use...search 'a' or better still search exclude fel items... and u get 95% of items on sale on that shard....

as anyone got time to go shop hopping?? id expect it to take 3 full days on atlantic!!!!!

is living in Luna the ''ultimate goal'' in some folks UO designs???...just cant stop asking myself...why pay on ATL say 10 plat for a tiny luna plot... then have to sell +12 plat of items to break even??? anyways u all enjoy the Mayday Hol