• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Noob tamer needs help

• Thread starter kendalldcfan
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
K

kendalldcfan

Can anyone help me tame a few Cu's on Atlantic. I rlly do not care about the color. I am new at taming and can not seem to get these. I have done lead taming, para taming, even tried honoring my self boy that worked well and my honor is very high. Anyway if anyone could give me some pointers I would appreciate it. I will be on Atlantic after 4PM EST today. My icq is 394094086. Thanks in advance for the help.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Para taming usually works pretty well against cus. What's you eval int?

K

kendalldcfan

My bard tamer has no eval. Was doing honor with her but that did not work so well. My mage tamer has eval of 100. Tried para on this char but died also. Not as fast of death but the Cu got me. I can tame mares, drake drajons(not GD). But these Cu's are real pain.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
First of all, you're mounted while taming, right? Cus can move. Lots of people walk ahead of them while taming. Remember, you have to be really close when you start taming, but can move a couple steps ahead of the dog immediately after taming begins.

Also, have you tried the invis method? That's how I tame pretty much everything. You only need 2/6 fc/fcr. Lead the cu away from sand, invis. Start to tame, immediately invis. When you speak (e.g., "I've always wanted a pet like you"), immediately invis again. Repeat until tamed. This will keep him from ever targeting you.

BTW, to get a good paralyze, you may need higher eval int. Since you only have 100, you may have to stick to other methods.

D

Deryk the Pirate

Ok, Ive only been taming Cu's for a few weeks now but there not really hard. How high is your tame scrolled to? Im only at 107.7 but with jewels Im at 120 and they still take a while to tame. Ya get close to it and spam tame... if you anger it try to keep a tile ahead so it doesn't eat you..if it does take a bite of ya , then run ahead a bit and heal yourself... they have a bleed attack so if you invis before healing you will un-inviz...and possibly get eaten. I have been taming 1 or 2 a night to get my tame gain. If you have gotten a few angry messages run ahead a bit and invis so it takes it out of angry mode and start spamming tame again... usually takes me 2-3 times of starting to tame it till I finally get it. I'm just a mage tamer... thinking of adding spell weaving for the self rez spell.

Best of Luck
deryk

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im a bard tamer and I dont have any problem at all taming these. I usually just lead tame them. Walk in front of them and just make sure I keep a tile ahead of them. As long as you are in front of them they cant really hurt you at all. Unless you lag or something, then thats bad :( But I just walk in front of them and continue to try and tame them untill they are tamed. If they bite me I run away and heal and go right back. Not all that hard once you get the hang of it. and at 120 lore and tame it doesnt take too long untill they are tamed.

U

uoBuoY

If you're as bad a Tamer as I am, try this technique:
1. Use a 1-slot ride
2. Tame the first Cu you find...
3. Disco Cu (when he hits you, it hurts a lot less)
4. Hit your Tame macro, click the Cu and run away a bit
5. Peace the Cu
6. Move back, tame, tame, tame
7. When Peace ends, repeat 4 - 6 until Tamed
8. Leave Cu alone until Disco ends
9. Use Tamed Cu to kill next Cu if it is inferior
10. If you find better Cu, release Tamed, tame new one and kill old one.

K

kendalldcfan

uoBuoY That is what I am trying to get to but I needed Cu's to train Discord. I have some now and discord is almost 90. How high should I take disco is 100 good or should I go 110-120. Thanks to everyone for the help. I saw someone lastnight lead taming the Cu's, she was much better lead tamer than I. I did finally tame a few that way but died alot. Anyway I have a decent amount for discord now so thanks to all for your suggestions.

U

uoBuoY

uoBuoY That is what I am trying to get to but I needed Cu's to train Discord. I have some now and discord is almost 90. How high should I take disco is 100 good or should I go 110-120. Thanks to everyone for the help. I saw someone lastnight lead taming the Cu's, she was much better lead tamer than I. I did finally tame a few that way but died alot. Anyway I have a decent amount for discord now so thanks to all for your suggestions.
Use jewelry to get Disco and Peace as high as possible. The good thing about Disco is it doesn't cause the Cu to attack you regardless of whether you succeed or fail.