• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Swordsmanship] Non-Samp LJ + chiv or bush?

Pignasty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have a Sampire already, this guy is just to have some occasional fun with my lumberjack. I just wondered what input you guys might have. I don't need a high-end boss killer temp, so help me weigh the pros and cons of chiv vs. bushido? Temp is:
Swords 110 (can't pay for 120 yet)
Tactics 110
Anat. 110
LJ 100
Healing 110

And then either
120 chiv
60 focus

OR

120 bushido
60 parry

With chiv I have more options, with bushido I have better defense, LS, and WW dmg. Plus the most commonly used chiv spells are replaceable with gear. Can't decide, what are your thoughts? Thanks

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets see 120 Bushido. Gives you 45% HCI from lightning strike, and a 20% chance to crit (basically armor ignore).
Bushido also gives you the chance to achieve perfection on your target, building up your damage to a 100% bonus.
You can also pop your running heal using confidence, and get hit less if you pop evasion.
You will also get a bonus when fighting multiple mobs while using whirlwind OR you can use momentum strike.

120 Chiv, gives you spells which bump HCI by up to 15%, Swing speed by 15% and a penalty of -10%, it will also bump your base damage if you are not getting 100 DI from items.
Enemy of One and Concecrate weapon combined, give you 97% damage bonus, and target the lowest resist.
The additional abilities, give you a healing spell, stamina recovery, curing, curse removal and ressurection capabilities. Additionally your dispel evil ability may hit certain mobs with fear, and can dispel some of the evil summons. (Daemons, and revenants).

Chiv will give you a guaranteed damage rate. Bushido has a higher potential damage, but it varies with the RNG. So you pretty much have to choose between reliability or max possible damage.

Pignasty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks Logrus, your info in Poo's 120 Chiv thread has been super informative and is actually the cause of some of my indecision. The benefits seem pretty balanced between Chiv and Bush @ 120. I'm just barely leaning toward bush/parry right now, mainly for the added defense. But in 5 minutes I'll flop back to preferring the Chiv build :p
Thanks for the input, I'll get back to training both 'til I make a decision...

Pignasty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Lol yeah I spose that's true. I've never actually used the test center, I guess now is a good time to figure out how :p

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just made a 120 chiv thrower as a third wheel for my shame vortex runs. I cannot believe the damage that guy does and I have yet to make good weapons. With a decent suit and some 2 fc or better items I think it will be a very nice guy to have.

Deception

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about something like 110 bush/70 chiv? That would give you about the same benefits from bushido as maxing it out, and with 70 chiv you can still cast enemy of one, divine fury, and cons wep. They won't be as effective as with 120 chiv, but you would get both skills that way.

Another option would be going 120 chiv and 50 bushido. With 50 bushido, you can get the 100% damage bonus from honor.