• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Non-Runic Essence crafting?

K

Kherkus

I've searched this forum for almost three hours straight and have yet to find a definitive answer to my question. Is it possible to craft an item using blacksmithing, tailoring, tinkering, or carpentry that will unravel into enchanted essence. So far, I've found that making DC daggers with lower end runic hammers does well, but I honestly cannot foresee myself(or anyone in their right mind) going out and getting a ton of BODs filled out just to get the required tools to make what you need. I'm continuing to experiment with different materials and crafting skills to find something that works. As soon as I do, I'll be sure to post it.

Thanks to anyone who is able to give everyone here a lead.

Kherkus. GL

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I imagine if you make some of the recipe items with dull copper or shadow they will unravel to essence however you may have to burn ML gems to do that. Why don't you try it out and tell us your results? I allready have tons of Bods so don't have to look for low end runic hammers. I tried a while back to figure out a way to get essence. For me even with the BODs in hand for low end runics, by far the best way is to unravel loot.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is the thread I started. Looking through this one bloodwood bows seem to be a good choice but then that requires bloodwood

O

Old Man of UO

I'm slightly confused as to why you would want to use runic hammers to use ingots to craft items to unravel into enchanted essence. If your primary purpose is to look for crafted items to later imbue, and then unravel the junk and get EE, that I understand.

But if your primary purpose is to end up with a big pile of EE... why not just grab the better loot from miasma or swoops or a dozen other creatures and unravel that? Unless you don't have a character to kill these creatures.

You don't need EE to train imbuing, EE is easy to find in monster loot, and I don't use a lot of EE when making weapons and armor. I don't quite understand the purpose so I don't see how this would be all that useful. So, why would you want to use this method rather than unravelling loot to get EE?

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can go through quite alot of EE trying to make Sampire woodland armor if you enhance after. I've gone through 3K and looking for more, it would be fine if I can find it for sale but no such luck on my shard.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I burn runics to get all the residue and ee i need, i make wepons that are highly sought after like ornate axes so when a 100% e.g. fire exceptional one with no usless mods come up i can imbue it for me or sell it for a couple of mill which easily covers the cost of the runics and ingots.

Thunderz

O

Old Man of UO

You can go through quite alot of EE trying to make Sampire woodland armor if you enhance after. I've gone through 3K and looking for more, it would be fine if I can find it for sale but no such luck on my shard.
I can see that... still it would be faster and CHEAPER to unravel loot unless you can find the EE for sale on a vendor.

Another question I have... why use woodland armor for sampires? I've seen this mentioned a few times, and I made mine out of medable leather. What properties are you trying to add after imbuing?

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can see that... still it would be faster and CHEAPER to unravel loot unless you can find the EE for sale on a vendor.

Another question I have... why use woodland armor for sampires? I've seen this mentioned a few times, and I made mine out of medable leather. What properties are you trying to add after imbuing?
Hit chance increase or damage increase from heartwood as a 6th property :)
Plus 16 added resists compaired to 12 max with leather and 13 from valorite.

Thunderz

O

Old Man of UO

Hit chance increase or damage increase from heartwood as a 6th property :)
Plus 16 added resists compaired to 12 max with leather and 13 from valorite.

Thunderz
ahh, got it. I'm not having trouble with the resists, but the additional HCI or DI would be nice!

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I run the fey leggings so the odd resist spot is light, woodland can make some nutty 70+ resist items. Like Thunderz said you can hit for HCI or Dmg as the 6th mod.

If one started looking for mage armor you could make some insane pieces if you had the seeds and order to burn through but thats for another thread.

Money isn't the issue for me its just the time spent farming that gets me....I'd rather PvP or champ:)

dlwiii

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love the woodland armor. HCI and DI are great to have on your suit, freeing up other mods for your weapons.