• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Non-PvPers in Felucca

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Friday I turned orange in the middle of a champ spawn when I started cross-healing a person who happened to be in a VvV guild. I saw the thread about similar occurrences in UHall . I was going to respond there but felt it was turning into a rant, so I moved it here instead.

While I can't speak for this particular issue, if you look at this post:
http://community.stratics.com/threads/pvp-in-vvv-ruined-by-thieves.323361/#post-2446759
you'll see articulated the reasoning behind the current flagging rules.
Here's a quote: "I'm not sure why a non PvP participating player would even bother with fel content to be honest... But that is a totally separate discussion. There is plenty of non PvP based content in this game... Please don't give the traders quest in fel as an excuse."
The team agreed and thus many otherwise innocent Fel behaviors, such as just being in certain places, flags you in the new system.
I make no statement about if I agree or not.
-Galen's player
Galen doesn't make a statement but I feel the need to say something:

I do not PvP but since both my houses are in fel (and have strong sentimental value), double resources are available there , and prior to trade quests doing champ spawns were the way to get SoTs above 0.5 (as well as still being the only way to EARN the white skill scrolls) I tend to do a fair amount of my play there. One house is a few screens from the daemon temple, so I often use it for fame and sacrifice. I had a goal of trying to get to 33000 karma . Prior to the trade quests the only time I still gained 'a little karma' was from ancient wyrms, balrons, and succubi in fel (and champ spawns are the best way to find and fight the later).

Yes I am attacked on occasion and sometimes killed, but when that happens I have the option to decide if a count was earned or to just ignore it. When I am turned orange, I usually no longer have that right as most spawn raiders are associated with VvV. Having to kill myself after spawns so I don't have to be paranoid in fel towns because I happen to adventure with PvPers seems to be silly.

Vermin

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
There are pro's to playing in Fel.
There are con's to playing in Fel.

Sometimes those con's might not seem "fair". But it's the price you pay for the pro's.

It is not simple to code a perfect solution that makes everyone happy - it's a small dev team and a huge mess of a game. A huge mess of a game chock full of moaning bastards. Myself included. Unfortunately, something has to give. And in this case, it is better that they err on the side of making the PvP workable (as Felucca is intended to be the place for negative player interaction), rather than dumbing it down for those of us who like playing Fel for the non-PvP benefits. The whole point of those benefits was to get us across there and take the risk for the reward.

Personally, I believe the tidiest solution would be just to make the "risk vs reward" scenario even more blunt - do away with "going red" in Fel entirely. Everyone is effectively "orange" (though the options not to attack/warn when attacking other players would need to improve, to prevent unintended collateral damage when playing co-op). Make Fel a genuinely scary place. With the ease of removing murder counts and the ease of re-rolling a character to avoid stat loss, the red aspect is pretty pointless other than for role-playing purposes and a minor gold sink for pardons.

And I don't PvP and play 90% of the time in Fel (and resource gather there). If I don't want risk, I can go play safe content on Tram for lesser rewards.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then perhaps you should avoid healing people if you really don't want the risk of dying without having the option to give someone a murder count. Huge difference, I know...

Last edited:

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
it does suck when u have group in different guilds and one is vvv. soon everyone orange and attacking each other lol too bad was forced on everyone again. its funny when u get raided too by vvv with one red then all their blues come in lol. too bad murderer mean nothing now. just try to have fun

Brock

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I Role Play, quite possibly the furthest stereotype play style from a stereotype PvPer play style, and I play in Felucca on Catskills, Atlantic, Europa, and Siege. And yeah, sometimes I get killed, sometimes I kill them back. Its all part of the game.

But I am certainly irked by the sentiment that Role Players should stick to Trammel (or even Trammel rule set facets) and non Role Players especially PvPers should stick to Felucca. About a year ago there was meeting between Messana, a few EM's, and the players of Catskills. The topic of discussion was that a non-Role Player ran for a well desired governor seat and ran against a Role Player that had historically won that seat in past elections. I was running for election on Atlantic at the time and decided to trade my Catskills votes. So with my 22 accounts that I had active at the time I voted for the Role Player. And the non Role Player also had a similar base of friends with multiple accounts and traded votes/favors as well. As the election turned out the non Role Player just had more friends and won the election. I'm not sure who called shenanigans on who. But either way it was the pot calling the kettle black. So flash forward to the meeting where the election process was essentially put on trial. The only real argument the Role Player could come up with for why they should have gotten the seat was that Felucca is for non Role Players and the election is for Role Players. That whole sentiment pissed me off so much. I took the transcript of the meeting and poured over it and started adding my own comments to everything that was said. I was going to post it but after a while I was just to mad about it all. I had to walk away and when I came back the thread discussing the meeting (with a copy of the transcript) had been locked. It now appears to be deleted now. Now I definitively agree that the generality of that statement is true, but I would never want to impose those types of restrictions. And it goes both ways.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
ive posted about this on another post. whats funny is when a blue vv guy comes in to raid u and u all orange now, then his blue friends come in lol. does the devs think this causes more pvp or non pvpers just don't go to fel like before. where are all the reds? they blue with the dam royal pardons lol. just my opinion. wheres the justice in this lol. lame lol. I like killing murders, do u hear me devs?

Last edited:

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I used to RPVP on Napa (back in the day) and there were ups and downs to it, but damn it was some of the best RPVP eveh!

I never saw the governorship as being strictly for one style of play or the other - it was so players of all inclinations would have a say in the goings on of the shard.
i suppose even that gets warped after a while...

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive posted about this on another post. whats funny is when a blue vv guy comes in to raid u and u all orange now, then his blue friends come in lol. does the devs think this causes more pvp or non pvpers just don't go to fel like before. where are all the reds? they blue with the dam royal pardons lol. just my opinion. wheres the justice in this lol. lame lol. I like killing murders, do u here me devs?
Nope but they might hear you.....lol

I like parts of vvv....they should have left murder counts in because full pardons are easy to get....the orange thing seems buggy to me. No one cares about counts anymore....people just attack on sight and let the counts roll if need be....

But to my friend slayer....I have to agree...risk vs reward....