• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

No wonder we can't get the Siege population up

G

<blockquote><hr>

DIE opens a gate to the NEW guildhouse for myself (NEW Co-leader on one of my accounts) and a NEW recruit. The four of us (myself, new recruit, 2 DIE members) hop the gate, are standing in front of the new house, Sonneillon Pyro jumps the gate and kills the new recruit and of course begins to loot him.

I bring my pvp character (in factions) to challenge Sonneillon so hopefully the new player can get some of his loot back. Sonneillon and I are fighting, next thing I know is 2-3 more TnA show up, so I head back in the NEW guildhouse, eventually dying.

Hop back on my NEW character, the new recruit was still missing, so I ask them if they scared off the new recruit and Sonneillon says 'hopefully'.

Eventually we get the recruit into NEW, but it is actions like this that I believe make it very tough to recruit new players to Siege.

While I admit, originally Sonneillon might not have known that the person was a newbie or new recruit as he had no tags on, his actions never changed once he should have been able to determine what was going on and I believe the recruit ended up dying to him a few times.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is Puffy btw on my uncles computer, thats just the way Goodcry is he has no respect morals or honor when it comes to this game.. He is a living legend in his own mind... but hes really like..... whats the word for it? lowell

anyone remember that last duel toury that gg died and cried for 20 mins in vent in front of 40 people? That was hilar..... bring out ur picof killing me 3 years ago... itll be sooo goodcry of you.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

DIE opens a gate to the NEW guildhouse for myself (NEW Co-leader on one of my accounts) and a NEW recruit. The four of us (myself, new recruit, 2 DIE members) hop the gate, are standing in front of the new house, Sonneillon Pyro jumps the gate and kills the new recruit and of course begins to loot him.

I bring my pvp character (in factions) to challenge Sonneillon so hopefully the new player can get some of his loot back. Sonneillon and I are fighting, next thing I know is 2-3 more TnA show up, so I head back in the NEW guildhouse, eventually dying.

Hop back on my NEW character, the new recruit was still missing, so I ask them if they scared off the new recruit and Sonneillon says 'hopefully'.

Eventually we get the recruit into NEW, but it is actions like this that I believe make it very tough to recruit new players to Siege.

While I admit, originally Sonneillon might not have known that the person was a newbie or new recruit as he had no tags on, his actions never changed once he should have been able to determine what was going on and I believe the recruit ended up dying to him a few times.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is Puffy btw on my uncles computer, thats just the way Goodcry is he has no respect morals or honor when it comes to this game.. He is a living legend in his own mind... but hes really like..... whats the word for it? lowell

anyone remember that last duel toury that gg died and cried for 20 mins in vent in front of 40 people? That was hilar..... bring out ur picof killing me 3 years ago... itll be sooo goodcry of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL groveling puffy at my feet still trying to put [censored] talk wherever he can.

How can i not be a living legend when someone like Puffy is constantly has to make post about me! Now lets wait for the 15 other KOC members to come rushing to your help puffy with more [censored] talk!

K

Kat SP

Mo - I was speaking to Bruin, the Co-Leader of NEW, not Bruin, a member of the JSV alliance. To me, there is a difference, they are separate. I didn't even realize he was a member of that alliance until today.

In the past when there have been issues with the actions of a NEW member, Shalimar has indicated that she prefers to be contacted privately on such matters. That was my position in my initial post, otherwise, when you post such a report as a Co-Leader of NEW, you are representing NEW and it comes across as publically bashing the person/guild in question. If he hadn't mentioned that he was a Co-Leader of NEW, my response would likely have been very different.

I fully expect that others are going to call me or my guild members out on things from time to time, but I do not expect that type of thing from representatives of NEW. We offer our support to them and have enjoyed a good relationship with them for quite some time. When there have been issues in the past, Shalimar, Obeta and Arch contacted me privately about the situation. Apparently I misunderstood the reason behind Bruin's post and have since offered an apology.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

i have killed "new" but i dont loot, and sometimes rez. but i have had ALOT of new that are now good players come say to me, "ur reason i stayed i wanted revenge", or "u showed me how exciting sp can be, its dangerous and not like the tremmie crap" and im not saying some, im saying a lot of retired members of new has said this to me.

everyone has a difference of opinion on what and how we should handle new, no one is right, no one is wrong! all depends on the new player and if they can handle the dangers of siege that makes siege #1!

[/ QUOTE ]
You are on many people's 'most positive influence' lists!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Kat -

Sorry, I do not feel that I am under any obligation to come to you and report these things and not report them on the boards, and do not appreciate your efforts to call me out on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well sorry. You were posting as a Co-Leader of NEW. What else would you expect? If you hadn't mentioned that, I wouldn't have asked that you contact me privately.

If my response seemed harsh, I appologize for that. That wasn't my intentionI presumed since you were posting as the Co-Leader of NEW, that you were looking to have me look into it. It appears my presumption was wrong.

BTW, if there is ever a problem, please do contact me. [ICQ 220-571-153]

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries - good to have your contact info for both NEW and CWS related matters. Mine is 4842047, thanks!

G

<blockquote><hr>

RTLFC *edited...sorry Goron*
I would like to share my first experiences here on siege.
I had played on pac for about 2 years before I stayed on siege for good. I had created a brand spanking new char here on siege a few times already but since I knew no one and would often get PKed and trash talked OR even just flat out ignored; the experience was no fun so back to trammyland I went.
Then one day while dinking around Moonglow a kindly red offered me his frendship, a check and a few basic supplys. That was all it took I then got in NEW and had the time of my life getting Pked and drylooted.
The moral of the story is this is a game and it's supposed to be fun, so please take a moment to direct our newcomers to Stratics, NEW and to Luna bank to ask for the help they need. It wasn't untill I came to siege that I stared reading stratics. It also wasn't untill I bumped into that one red in Glow that I found out how much comunity and friendship there is on this shard. I would have been playing Siege back in 2002 if only one person had talked to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

I first started on Siege back in 2000/2001 or so. Back then, I rarely played siege (about once every few months) because my Siege life consisted of walking from point A to point B and most likely getting pk'd along the way. I didn't know anyone, so it really wasn't much fun.

About 3-4 years ago, I finally discovered the Siege community and something I hadn't seen on other shards ever, a consistently frequented tavern and player run city (The Shire/Golden Unicorn) that people came to because they liked to simply hang out. It was then that I finally found a home.

I believe this is what NEW helps provide, an opening to the community. While they still might be pk'd while walking from point A to point B, at least NEW helps give them a taste of what the Siege community is, something worth sticking around for.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I'm not going to read this whole thread, but from the wording of the title I gotta ask if there is an epidemic of erectile dysfunction on Siege lately? I know it wasn't a problem when I still had active accounts here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, Rykus, I just choked on my coffee!

@yax- so where did you hear they are removing GZs??
NEW does NOT need to "go away". Shal works her ass off to help get newblets set up here. I think starting here can be a bit overwhelming and NEW helps takes some of that away.

Well, I'm off to work!! Have a good day everyone.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

Ok what 10% stay and the other 90% flee ????
5% of those are the noobies that are not really noobs ... They are prepard to die and someone has told them of Siege , like a friend and people talking at their prodo shard bank ... Like myself , when I came here I may have been a noob to Siege but in no way was I a noob . I played UO , so I knew about Siege from my friends who had played here a long time ago &amp; knew I was gonna die alot from what he told me ...

You may have forgot what it is to be a noob again and those are the noobies that are not really noobs ... They are prepard to die and someone has told them of Siege , like a friend and people talking at their prodo shard bank ... Like myself , when I came here I may have been a noob to Siege but in no way was I a noob . I played UO , so I knew about Siege from my friends who had played here a long time ago &amp; knew I was gonna die alot from what he told me ...

You may have forgot what it is or means to be a new person and have no clue whats going on here , cause that was the case of the guy I was trying to help last night ... If you were there and had witnessed what I saw maybe then youd know what I'm talking about ... The guy you talkd to last night was like me a noob to Siege &amp; knew what was up but no typical noob . I'm sure blue or red he thought he was gonna get killed . This is Siege for god's sake and it is what drives us all to it . Prodo shards suck,insurance is a joke &amp; if I'm gonna pay to play I'll play here .
But as you said "I respectfully disagree" it's your right and as is mine too . So being said , I respectfully disagreewith you too !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to the NEW forum right now (heres a link for you, go to the thread in the public forum titled "Real reasons you would quit Siege" (heres another link for you), examine the poll, and then view the results. Then reconsider what you wrote. It would appear PKs is not a problem at all, shard population and RoT caps are.
*shivers* ooooooo it feels good to be right!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Last night I bumped into a newbie running into moonglow.....
My experience with newbies often reflects my experience alst night. They come to siege thinking it is full of murderous pks (it is in a way) so they come expecting to die. They come expecting to be dry looted by every red. They come and they try. So I think what you wrote (quoted above) is completely false on all levels.
Thats just my opinion based on my experiences.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be false in my case. I created a character on Siege a couple of weeks ago. Upon creating the character I was dumped in Brit. I fully expected to be attacked and killed, so the first thing I did was set a Guards! macro. I ran to the Brit bank trying to find someone to ask questions of and get a little advice and help. After wandering around picking up regs, etc, I saw a gate pop up, so I ran through it. I stepped out of the gate, into someone's house and was immediately kicked from the house. I look up into the house and see a Red name. I'm not in a guard zone, infact, I have no idea where I am and fully expect to be killed immediately. So I just stand there, ready to take it. Asmodeus comes out and says "new to siege?" and I reply yes. He then friends me to his house, he points me to several cabinets and says "take what you need". I take some armor, a full spellbook and a few other items. He gives me some LRC items! He then takes me to the stable and buys me a horse. I feed it and stable it. We then talk abit about Siege, templates, what to look out for etc. I decide to make a mage! We exchange ICQ numbers. He gates me to glow where I can bank, log and train. Over the course of the next few days, he ICQ's me to check up on me to see how I am doing and if I need anything, he brings me a ton of regs and other things. There have been other players who have similiarly helped me - given me more LRC to complete a 100% suit so I can train my magery. One takes me to Vesper where I can train wrestling on dummies (OMG that is SO BORING!). My Siege experience has been great thus far, and I've met nothing but nice people who have helped me, but then again, I haven't been out of a guard zone much! So, there's one more person on Siege!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Last night I bumped into a newbie running into moonglow.....
My experience with newbies often reflects my experience alst night. They come to siege thinking it is full of murderous pks (it is in a way) so they come expecting to die. They come expecting to be dry looted by every red. They come and they try. So I think what you wrote (quoted above) is completely false on all levels.
Thats just my opinion based on my experiences.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be false in my case. I created a character on Siege a couple of weeks ago. Upon creating the character I was dumped in Brit. I fully expected to be attacked and killed, so the first thing I did was set a Guards! macro. I ran to the Brit bank trying to find someone to ask questions of and get a little advice and help. After wandering around picking up regs, etc, I saw a gate pop up, so I ran through it. I stepped out of the gate, into someone's house and was immediately kicked from the house. I look up into the house and see a Red name. I'm not in a guard zone, infact, I have no idea where I am and fully expect to be killed immediately. So I just stand there, ready to take it. Asmodeus comes out and says "new to siege?" and I reply yes. He then friends me to his house, he points me to several cabinets and says "take what you need". I take some armor, a full spellbook and a few other items. He gives me some LRC items! He then takes me to the stable and buys me a horse. I feed it and stable it. We then talk abit about Siege, templates, what to look out for etc. I decide to make a mage! We exchange ICQ numbers. He gates me to glow where I can bank, log and train. Over the course of the next few days, he ICQ's me to check up on me to see how I am doing and if I need anything, he brings me a ton of regs and other things. There have been other players who have similiarly helped me - given me more LRC to complete a 100% suit so I can train my magery. One takes me to Vesper where I can train wrestling on dummies (OMG that is SO BORING!). My Siege experience has been great thus far, and I've met nothing but nice people who have helped me, but then again, I haven't been out of a guard zone much! So, there's one more person on Siege!

[/ QUOTE ]

Success story!

Hope you stick with it, Renai!

G

I just sent a request to join NEW Forums, so we'll see where that leads. And yes, Nienna was another who has helped me! TY so much! I'm not a hater and can seperate the game from my emotions - most times anyway. I will take the advice you give Goron about treating others as I wish to be treated. On my home shard, Fel has always been a scary place for me, so I never go there, ever .... I'm sure my welcome to Siege was much more enjoyable than a visit to Fel on my home shard would be!

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

I will take the advice you give Goron about treating others as I wish to be treated.

[/ QUOTE ]errrrrrr- well... thats not entirely the best way to word it. Because even if you are the nicest mofo on the planet, I'll still pk you if I see you hunting in the wild (as long as you dont carry a NEW tag).
I think I more intended you to get this out of my message: after I pk you and dry loot you and hump your body (oh wait, this isn't CS), don't take it too personally. Re-equip and go out again. Focus yourself on getting better at evading and escaping, or fighting back, or hunting where I don't look. Consider that part of the game. There are mean people out to get you, but at the same time there are nice people out to help you. Don't let the heavy emotions from one side out weigh the other. Just try to have fun, whatever happens.