• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NO TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brendagfrie

I am having a huge connection problem and posted in the techincal issues forum at 5am est and still no response. So I decided to call the telephone number listed at the top of the technical support page for technical issues and when I called they told me they don't do technical support for the online sims/ealand game only the offline ones. So why is that number even posted there?

I have been trying to connect since yesterday afternoon and the first time I tried it started downloading the update then it froze up. So I restarted it and then it started giving me the update error that either the server is down or I have no internet connection. I tried patching to TC3 and it started doing the download for the update and again froze 1/3 of the way through and now gives me the same update error which after it contacts ea and checks tells me I still need 8.3 mbs of the download ...then this pops up..."There was an error reading from the network. This may be due to network connectivity issues, or the server may be down for maintenance. Please verify your connection and select retry to update the game again, or Quit to exit the game"

I definately have an internet connection and have even tried disabling my satellite and using dial up instead and get the same error.

I have Vista if that is of any help. Someone please please please help me ...I am in serious withdrawal here..............

N

Natalius Lynn

Try reinstalling. I know vista tends to screw up alot of games. Also, go to EA game's support page and submit a question request. They helped me get my account back for tso, so they ought to be able to help you with your technical issue.

Here's the Link

B

brendagfrie

I did try to contact ea on the website and after i posted my prob and attached the direct x log and hit submit it said Internal Error...I have tried repeatedly and keep getting the same errror. As far as reinstalling goes....my first installation took me 21 hours so I am not very keen on doing that again. Also I am connected through a satellite and they have this FAP policy that they punish you by slowing down your speed if you download too much and I am sure this would be too much of a download.

I tried a system restore and it didnt' work so I tried going in again and using a different restore point and that didn't work either. I am at my wits end and ready to just pull all my hair out.

P

Paulina

Did you try the repair the game option? And I know there was a lot of talk about the Admin feature in vista. Where you had to disable it. I don't have Vista, so I would not be able to help you to locate it.

Hope to see you in game soon.

J

jafo1972

Wish I had some help for you luc. I know you from back in AV days and would like to have more friends around.

JAFO

N

nodgree

Right click on the Ealand icon and select run as administrator.

G

I'm sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble, but this is not the proper forum for technical advice.

I see that Lee did respond once in your thread here in Tech Advice

Please continue posting full details of your problem in that thread and please have a little patience. I'm sure someone will be able to help resolve your problem soon.

Polly

Status
Not open for further replies.