• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

No Stackable Seeds I See.....

A

Ambrosia4u

I know these things have all been meantoned before. I simply feel that they bear repeating.

Was kinda hoping that seeds would have at least made it into the stackable list, but alas it is not so. I would be happy with seed packets that can hold something like 50seeds and only count as one toward storage. As it stands....each mature plant can hold 8 seeds, counting as 1 in storage. A seed BOD book would hold many many more seeds BUT EVERY 5 seeds would count as 1 in your storage. (At the moment leaving them on the plant is much more efficient for storing purposes.) **Wonders if the Dev GODs would allow us to store them on vendors like regular BOD books????** I would like to expand my little shop but, for me, storage is a BIG issue. Seed packets or stackable seeds.....hmmmmmm BOTH!!!!! Stackable seeds that can be placed in a seed packets. It would be very nice to be able to stack my seeds by plant type and color, NOT to include the UNKNOWN seeds. Lets say I have planted ...oh, I don't know....Snowdrops and Ferns...2 plants of each in every seed producing color. When they mature I simply collect the seeds from each plant and stack them by color and type. I then drop each stack of seeds into my Seed Packet. In the end I have a Seed Packet containing 9 stacks of 16 seeds each {144seeds} of Snowdrops and 9 stacks of 16 seeds each {144seeds} of Ferns (in their dif colors of course). All taking up only ONE or so starage slot. I know, I know...288 seeds in one lil ole Seed Packet!!!! *But you said 50 seeds in a pack!!!* Well, stacked it would only be 18 stacks of seeds, 50 if not stackable. Not every plant is in high demand. If we could only have one choice......hmmmm.....I am devided as both stackable seeds and Seed Packets have merit. There are only a few plants that MOST use as deco...Stacked seeds would be very nice. It would also be nice to toss a Bunch of seeds in a packet for safe keeping. What do you think? As things stand now......I have 81 mature mother plants with seeds and 81 pollen producing plants as fathers. Add into the mix all of the other things needed to play....plant bowls, water pitchers, growing plants for resources, growing for mutants, plant resources, wood types, ore, ingots, regs, tools, clothing, weapons, armor, rewards, gifts, arties, cloth, wool, cotton, thread, yarn, containers, house add-ons the list goes on...Sheeezzzz......it never ends. I think I may go insane.

***Be on the look-out for the MAD GARDENER. Subject is to be considered dangerous. Last seen wearing mint-green robe and sun hat, armed with gardening trow and water pitcher. Subject is said to be killing every weed in sight. Other reports state that she may be ranting and raving about plants and storage!!! You'll prob hear her before you see her.*** LOL!!!!

F

Flora Green

***Be on the look-out for the MAD GARDENER. Subject is to be considered dangerous. Last seen wearing mint-green robe and sun hat, armed with gardening trow and water pitcher. Subject is said to be killing every weed in sight. Other reports state that she may be ranting and raving about plants and storage!!! You'll prob hear her before you see her.*** LOL!!!!
I SO want gardening tools! Hand held ones at that. :DOh, I agree about storage. PLEASE finally give us an efficient way to store seeds.

D

DHMagicMan_1

I would be VERY MUCH in favor of finding a way to store seeds effeciently.

If, one day, someone actually SCHEDULES and ALOTS development resources for gardening improvements, rather than squeezing them in as part of something else but really as an intended review...

Here's my top three wish list...

1... Water pitcher work like potions... Sakkarah already looked at this and said it would be some work, so I'm assuming someone would have to "Alot some resource time" to get this done... it's high on my list and I hope on someone else's... also while they are at it, if the pitcher happens to empty while you are standing next to a water trough or barrel... have it auto-refill as part of the action PLEASE. :bowdown:

2... Seed Storage... This needs to be for "Known Seeds only" so only if we know both the color and plant type that the seed will grow into. We always know color... but frequently, even if we know the plant type, the "System" doesn't know we know... all crossings for instance where we end up with White or Black seeds are unknown even though we frequently DO know... Anyway, the system only knows what it knows, and we need to be able to either stack or have seed packs or something... PLEASE... :bowdown:

3... Identify Unknown Seeds... Let us train and use Item Identification skill to ID unknown seeds. This would let us "Identify" white and black seeds above but also ID other drop and quest reward seeds so they could be stored. It's really a pain to grow out a plant for 7 days... or more likely 25 or 30 plants... trying to get say 8 of something... to find out you are still short what you were trying to get... It would let us use a currently unused (much or at all??) skill, let us store seeds, and basically throw us an extra bone and I don't think it would be all that hard to throw in for us. For people who want lots of surprises and like planting every seed they find, they don't have to train up the skill and don't have to use it. PLEASE let us ID unknown seeds without growing them for 7 days... :bowdown:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
3... Identify Unknown Seeds... Let us train and use Item Identification skill to ID unknown seeds. This would let us "Identify" white and black seeds above but also ID other drop and quest reward seeds so they could be stored. It's really a pain to grow out a plant for 7 days... or more likely 25 or 30 plants... trying to get say 8 of something... to find out you are still short what you were trying to get... It would let us use a currently unused (much or at all??) skill, let us store seeds, and basically throw us an extra bone and I don't think it would be all that hard to throw in for us. For people who want lots of surprises and like planting every seed they find, they don't have to train up the skill and don't have to use it. PLEASE let us ID unknown seeds without growing them for 7 days... :bowdown:
I wouldn't like this change. If you dont like what you grow, trash em or sell em cheap.

D

DHMagicMan_1

I wouldn't like this change. If you dont like what you grow, trash em or sell em cheap.
Yes, but if they do give us a way to store KNOWN seeds, I would like a way to DISCOVER seeds so I can store them for later... I'd rather be able to store say 12 white campion seeds for when I want to grow them, than to have to grow them or store 12 white seeds as "unknown" even though I may know they are Campions.

That's my point in asking for number 3.

F

Flora Green

That's a great idea!:D

S

Seasseragh

.... 3... Identify Unknown Seeds... Let us train and use Item Identification skill to ID unknown seeds. This would let us "Identify" white and black seeds above but also ID other drop and quest reward seeds so they could be stored....
... PLEASE let us ID unknown seeds without growing them for 7 days... :bowdown:
Let´s use Taste ID for that (And unlock it, while you´re at it)

D

DHMagicMan_1

If they create a way to stack Deco Mode plants... that would be close enough for me to cross off #3... I'd still rather be able to store White/Black/Quest/Peculuar or whatever knowing what they are... but if I couldn't I could at least grow them all knowing they could then be added to my stack provided I don't already have 60K of them in storage... I could live with that.