• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

No Remove Trap in KR?

J

Joyous2K

SO I got my Remove Trap Alacrity scroll.. always a crowd pleaser, I thought I would make a Lockpcik guy with Remove Trap to Kick in the Retro Old Skool manner, but my New Skool client does not seem to have Remove Trap?

I am not looking correctly? I looked through all the skills and checked twice on the "Thief" list, and I cannot find it??

Vesta

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
**whispers* that skill is useless now. I hope he did not hear.*

*also whispers that the KR client is the dead client*

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
dead skill????

let me guess.... you live in tram?

if your in factions a trap remover is worth their weight in gold.

and 2 years may be a little long.
if you know how to do it you can GM remove trap in about 2 days.
(50 hours)

B

BartofCats

the KR client may be dead (your opinion) but it lets me start a new char with 120 skills instead of 100, and if i so choose, i can start with 50 spellweaving so i dont have to sit there on the arcane circle and skill it up from scratch. So it does have its advantages.

now if it would stop crashing, i could use it more

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remove trap is currently problematic. It is difficult to gain; only certain town chests seem to raise the skill for me (the bugged ones with 3 traps on them). It doesn't seem to work on many treasure chests last I checked; I tried a level 2 map chest on test center a bit ago with 100 skill and died to the trap. It was more useful before lower reagent since my lockpicker could open town and dungeon chests without using the telekinesis spell or walking 5 tiles away, but point for point, magery is worth more unless you are doing factions.