• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

No more spaces in pet names?

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all!

I'm using the latest beta of Pinco's, and noticed that spaces in pet names are back to generating the "not a valid name" error. Can we no longer rename with spaces in Pinco's?

Thanks!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all!

I'm using the latest beta of Pinco's, and noticed that spaces in pet names are back to generating the "not a valid name" error. Can we no longer rename with spaces in Pinco's?

Thanks!
nothing is changed on the UI, could be something has changed server side? :p

open the debug window before renaming just to be sure there are no errors...

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's the debug window output:
spaces_pet_name.png

I tried with two word names as well. Always generates "That name is not valid."

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure what you mean by "correct" UI. This is a fresh install of EC (fully patched) on a fresh reformat/reinstall of Windows 8.1 with a fresh install of the latest Pinco's (patched fine, according to the patcher). I deleted my character profile and tried again on a clean profile - same error. I tried this on characters on 4 different accounts - tamers attempting to rename pets, and mages attempting to rename placed parrots.

Is there anything else I can look at for troubleshooting?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure what you mean by "correct" UI. This is a fresh install of EC (fully patched) on a fresh reformat/reinstall of Windows 8.1 with a fresh install of the latest Pinco's (patched fine, according to the patcher). I deleted my character profile and tried again on a clean profile - same error. I tried this on characters on 4 different accounts - tamers attempting to rename pets, and mages attempting to rename placed parrots.

Is there anything else I can look at for troubleshooting?
check if you are using the Pinco's UI or the default one before login...

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I figured out one more bit to this -

I can rename pets with spaces if I use the pop-up context menu on the pet, but not if I use the rename button that appears under the box where the current target is shown.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I figured out one more bit to this -

I can rename pets with spaces if I use the pop-up context menu on the pet, but not if I use the rename button that appears under the box where the current target is shown.
I still can't replicate the problem, the rename is working fine for me from every place (target, healthbar and game area).