• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

No more Over Filled water Pitcher?

Sinful_Candie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree. Its a real pain to keep hitting that water after each 5 use when you got 400+ plants going at once.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's still working on production shards, I'm making a few extra's right now, just in case they don't "fix" the existing pitchers when it goes live.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's still working on production shards, I'm making a few extra's right now, just in case they don't "fix" the existing pitchers when it goes live.
If I didn't hate doing the same thing over and over, I would make a few.

If they still work after the patch, I can try to sell them for millions!! hehe

F

Flora Green

Damn. And I was finally going to start playing again.

*logs out*

I said when Sak left we'd get screwed over again like the years before she became a dev.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a development to this, please read the recent bug fix info:
Bug Fixes - 5/21/10

• Players are now able to chop up water barrels and tubs when they are not in a house
  • Water pitchers will now have 40 charges instead of 5 – If you fill the the pitchers from a water barrel it will only give you 5 charges so make sure you use a water trough.

S

soulstoner

There is a development to this, please read the recent bug fix info:
Bug Fixes - 5/21/10

• Players are now able to chop up water barrels and tubs when they are not in a house
  • Water pitchers will now have 40 charges instead of 5 – If you fill the the pitchers from a water barrel it will only give you 5 charges so make sure you use a water trough.
That's a nice fix to the fix --- Super!
Thanks
:thumbup1:

F

Flora Green

It's a fix, but it's not the same. Honestly, 40 charges when growing hundreds of plants at a time compared to the pitcher before is lame.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
troughs look good and I really, really like that Hearth of the Homefire chimney coverup! good job!

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are some water troughs that I use for deco. Too bad I don't grow plants in this house!

Yellow Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I recall the thing with overfilling was open to discussion in any forum. It was not a bug or exploit and using it was not in violation of the toc. It was an easter egg given to the gardening community by OSI. I think it is completely unfair to take this one and only advantage away. If Gardening was involved with pvp the way Blacksmithing (make weapons), Tailoring (make armor) then it would become a crafting character template and it would go to 120 skill cap. Maybe that is the solution, a pvp botanist that in battle could drop seeds that would instantly grow in to tangling vines or deadly poison ivy or vines full of fire ants.

S

soulstoner

Given our pitches now fill to 40 doses each from from in-house water trough (and each trough does how many per day ~) - it's not a problem whatsoever for the meager gardener or the over zealous gardener - actually, I like the gardening even moreso now with the utilization of my trough - even added a new heartwood model. Shoot 5 pitchers within couple seconds provides 200 shots of H20. Nothing unfair atall --- Allz well that ends well. :)

M

mjolnir131

If your using a real client then one macro will refill all pitchers with just one click 10 pitchers * 40 uses = 400

S

soulstoner

.............a pvp botanist that in battle could drop seeds that would instantly grow in to tangling vines or deadly poison ivy or vines full of fire ants.

But ^^ THAT ^^ IS a fun notion to imagine - just for a moment
:lol: good one

Have you been hanging out with Hen & his primates? :twak::p

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's great news! :)
I went to test center to try it out but it's been so long since I have been there it took me a while just to figure out how to raise my stats. NOw I need to equipt myself so I don't die easily to the water elementals.

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love the fact they listened to us. Also love that thread was getting kinda long about people complaining, and instead of telling us they had a fix, they just let it slide haha