• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

no more magical lockbox?

K

ki-rin

killed a stranger just now after the pub and he did not drop a box .. now there's a corpse after he's dead and on the corpse there are still ml ingredients and tons of loot .. but no box, no gems :(

also the stranger's black dragon armor pieces were on the corpse but could not be picked up

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
killed a stranger just now after the pub and he did not drop a box .. now there's a corpse after he's dead and on the corpse there are still ml ingredients and tons of loot .. but no box, no gems :(

also the stranger's black dragon armor pieces were on the corpse but could not be picked up
Interesting....

Could you tell if there was a Cincture?

Also where was it? Is it still Krysan in Hythloth?

-Galen's player

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
about time, that loot on the ground was some seriously !*%#ed up stupid $#!+.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But how does leaving a corpse make any sense if they're escaping?

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well when you kill the guys, they give a short speech, change into a dragon, and teleport out. How in the world would that leave a corpse?

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
now he die without "change into a dragon, and teleport out" and the corpse is on ground and everyone that have looting rights, have they own loot. Better now!!

So if you wanna loot him, you have to fight him and not standing there, hiding waiting....better!!!

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can confirm that strangers dropping Crimsons SOMETIMES just like the other peerless bosses and i got one :party:

but not after pub
Yeah; after the Publish is what I meant.

I know they dropped them in the box before the Publish.

Also no one has answered if it's still only in Hythloth or if it's rotating now.

-Galen's player

K

ki-rin

Interesting....

Could you tell if there was a Cincture?

Also where was it? Is it still Krysan in Hythloth?

-Galen's player
yep it was krysan in hythloth but i'm not sure if he spawned after server came back up or was already there before server went down so i have no idea if they're rotating or still hythloth only

and no i did not find a cincture .. i've done lots of strangers and i have never seen a cincture drop. i guess i'm just super unlucky.:( most of the time i solo them but it takes me about 40 mins to 1 hour to kill solo so usually some peeps showing up before the stranger dies .. not to mention some stealthers just hiding and waiting to get their hands on the box. but with the new change it'll be different now.:thumbup:

E

Evilminion

Well... that's a serious shame. I don't have a character that can do enough damage to the strangers, but I do have a healer/vet who keeps everyone alive. So up until now, I've been an integral part of the stranger hunts. If this is a change instead of a fluke, I'll get nothing for all my efforts at future spawns.

So much for finding that last gem. :(

L

Lord Kynd

hope this is fixed and there is no more 'freeforall loot'

maybe i might try again for a box

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How could you know that you have no char to do enough damage?
How much damage do you have to do?
Try casting some offensive spells.

S

Strawberry

Glad to hear they fixed it so quickly. As for the story problems of him leaving a corpse, they could just re-label it something creepy, such as "a focus for dark magic" or "dried out bones used in evil magicks".

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad they fixed the corpse from vomiting loot all over the ground!!

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have a character that can do enough damage to the strangers, but I do have a healer/vet who keeps everyone alive. So up until now, I've been an integral part of the stranger hunts.
Uh, you have got to be kidding me, you don't have a single char that can do any damage? We're not talking about soloing the thing, just a char that can hit it a few times.

If you really don't then that's your fault. You can make a Chiv/Bushido/Archer from scratch in less than a week.