• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

No Money when cities merge?

G

I was just reading what's going to happen when the cities merge. (Can you tell i'm behind on the times?) We don't take the money with us? I worked so hard just to get what I have and it won't be that easy to give up. But of course I have no choice! Not cool!!! That's terrible news for this here sim player. Does anyone know what the reason for this is? Ackkkkkk...maybe if I stuff the simoleans in my shoes they won't be able to find it.

M

mike1977

Well, if us millionaires were to take our money to one city...nothing would change...the prices on stuff would still be outrageous.

G

Behind on the times...indeed you are.

You see over a year ago there was a major exploit that completely destroyed what little economy we had. They were going to shut down the game but Luc saved us from the chopping block. In order to save the game the money has to be wiped. Fortunately they have agreed to let us merge everything else into EA Land.

And thats why we dont get to keep the money.

G

The only reason I said behind on the times was because I don't have the luxury of playing everyday like I first started 4 years ago. So of course I going to miss a couple key points in the game. Plus I just started reading the stratics forum not too long ago. I just forgot it was there. It's understandable why they are doing what they're doing but I still can see it casuing a problem. I was reading a thread about the ATM machines and yes that made sense but some of the sims players may not be willing to spend more money on the game that they don't have to. But who's to say that just because everyone will be starting on the same note that the prices in the catalogue will go down? EA has to make it's money too, of course, with ATM machines.

It was just a big surprise to me when I read it and it caught me off guard.

Hopefully by doing this it the competition between everyone will make it a more closer community. Like it was when TSO first started. Here's to hoping!!

G

Yes the community seems to be working hard to build in EA Land. It will be fun to see the next evolution of TSO unfold no matter what happens.