• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

No longer an official fansite...

E

Eldorian

Noticed WoW Stratics got removed as an official fansite.

I bet the gold and account selling ads up in the forums didn't help any.

M

Madis

no one around to remove the crap, dont blame 'em for dropping the "official" title

L

Lag

Without E.D. here, it pretty much fell apart.

I still miss you :p

B

Bud_Weiser

Noticed WoW Stratics got removed as an official fansite.

I bet the gold and account selling ads up in the forums didn't help any.
Well, this site dosne't have NEAR the traffic that it used to. I blame that on poor leadership at the top of the Stratics foodchain, the lack of any kind of exclusive content and the big forum change.

Also, UO and EQ are dying. Now you may thing that it has nothing to do with this place, however UO was Stratics' bread and EQ was it's butter. Well, they are both being left behind by all of the other MMORPGs that are out. When the players go, so do all of the creative talents that went into making Stratics what it was. This effects the whole chain of sites, not just UO and EQ.

So yeah... sorry to see that happen to you guys, but it may be the wake up call you need.

E

Eldorian

I just find it amusing that no one has even bothered to remove the gold selling/account selling threads yet. That was about the whole point of this thread.

And yeah... the top of the Stratics food chain is the reason for the demise. They don't care about the site itself, just that they get their money from the ads. They're pretty much riding the wave for as far as they can go before they finally close shop.

M

mecantile

Not surprised. The only thing going for Stratics right now is Eve Online and LotRO. The part that bothers me the most is how selective they are on reporting MMO news-they failed to even announce the upcoming Star Wars project between Lucas Arts and Bioware and it happens to be one of the biggest announcements in the last 2 years. But yeah, Stratics might turn into a thing of the past sooner than we think.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not surprised. The only thing going for Stratics right now is Eve Online and LotRO. The part that bothers me the most is how selective they are on reporting MMO news-they failed to even announce the upcoming Star Wars project between Lucas Arts and Bioware and it happens to be one of the biggest announcements in the last 2 years. But yeah, Stratics might turn into a thing of the past sooner than we think.
The site has gone downhill thats for sure and they've screwed over many good staffers and sites. :/ Eldorian put in a lot of work on WoW Stratics and now its just basically being ignored.