• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

No Level Servers

• Thread starter Lairkingo
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Lairkingo

I think Blizzard should create some special ruleset servers where all players start out at level 70 with talent points able to be distributed as they please. The player still wouldn't have any equipment, etc. Also the quests could be modified so the player would still have some incentive to progress through the "quest chain" and different areas.

However, I think in terms of letting players who sort of like PvP but don't want to always play on a PvP server take part in PvP and even more importantly in terms of letting people experiment with all sorts of different race/class combinations.

E

Edward The Less

Maybe later when WoW is down to only 3 million or so players and Blizzard is hurting for money they will do like UO and make it so you can buy an advanced character for $19.99 or $29.99 that is already at the highest level.

As for a server(s) with all characters already at the highest level, that is very unlikely.

T

Torrent_of_Fire

There's absolutely no chance of this happening. This is unfortunate since it's a great idea. There is a time when every WoW player just gets bored and this would provide a sort of playground for them to step back, take a break and try things they otherwise would go their entire WoW career without playing/experiencing.

It's sort of like the Abyss server UO had way back in the day.

T

Teribithia00

I think this is a pretty terrible idea. The devs would get so obsessed with changing the special servers that updates for the main servers would suffer.

E

Eldorian

While I don't see them introducing a level 70 only server... they are pretty much already offering advanced characters for players with the Death Knights.

B

Blade_Thugluv

*Dreams About Death knights* I so want one!!! wish they were alittle more clear about them and everything.

As for a all lvl 70 server sounds cool but not really sure why there would be a need for one. LvLing is one of the hardest and yet fun parts about wow. Honestly i get bored at 70 with the same old daily stuff. i have got 4 70's. and i have played for just over a year.

~Blade

V

Vorthaaa

I think his point is that the game shouldn't be so much about leveling. Leveling is fine for some things/people... but WoW has such awesome races/skills/classes/areas (especially areas) that could be made fun for those who will never level ten different chars to 70.