• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] No healing or anatomy? Also weapon recommendations....

CodeDaddy

Visitor
Another returning player here. Got a few questions.

I am a mace sampire
120 Mace
120 Parry
120 Bushido
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Necromancy

I see templates without healing/anat and with chiv instead? I kinda like having bandaids going, and am unsure how you all survive without it. Can someone elighten me on if chiv is better than healing? What about the mana to use chiv healing. (Looks like all those other chiv spells makes it worth it). Thinking about droppjng healinh... but very nervous about doing that. Thoughts?

Also... i typically use a black staff for whirlwind... life leaching mobs. Any weapon recommendations for a macer and why?

Thanks community!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Not sure how everyone else does it.. but I rely on the LL from high damage hits. When I get in a bind I use "close wounds" or "confidence". Mana is also not a huge issue as I keep ML and SL on the weps I use.

Have never really played a macer but on my swords Samp I stick to weps that give AI/Double hit and Whirlwind. Usually a double axe in my hand as a result of that.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Another returning player here. Got a few questions.

I am a mace sampire
120 Mace
120 Parry
120 Bushido
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Necromancy

I see templates without healing/anat and with chiv instead? I kinda like having bandaids going, and am unsure how you all survive without it. Can someone elighten me on if chiv is better than healing? What about the mana to use chiv healing. (Looks like all those other chiv spells makes it worth it). Thinking about droppjng healinh... but very nervous about doing that. Thoughts?

Also... i typically use a black staff for whirlwind... life leaching mobs. Any weapon recommendations for a macer and why?

Thanks community!
I got few things at my mind:

1)
I think from Chivarly you more need spells like "enemy of one" and "divine fury". Those spells makes your swings speed and damage input higher ----> Then hit lifeleech and vampire form leeches more hitpoints as also hit manaleech leeches more mana. (With my Sampire I almost never use close wounds)
Also "remove curse" and "dispel evil" are great Chivarly spells

2)
One important thing that many player misses is Bushido skills "Confidence" and "Evansion". Use them.. those are keys to success! Confidence is great self healing and Evansion makes enemies hit you less often.

3)
Whirlwind is not best choice for bosses. I would rather use "armour ignore" or "double strike" to boss monsters.
For example arachnid champpion spawn: Use arachnid slayer black staff and whirlwind first 4 levels and then change Armour ignore hammer pick (dont use shield with Bushido) spider slayer at boss.

4)
DONT use shield with Bushido skill. Bushido and parry works only with 2-handed weapons OR one handed weapon WITHOUT shield

5) Use "Resisting spell" over Anatomy on high casting situationns (as undeath champpion spawn).. if you got soulstone.

6) Maybe you could use template:
120% mace (I succest swordsmanship because it got LOT better weapons in PVM)
120% Tactics
100% Anatomy (Change to 100% reisting spell on some casting situations)
60% Parry (No shield)
100% Necro (Only for vampire form)
120% Bushido
100% Civarly (Or try get it to 120 with rings and bracelets)

7) Remember that high karma is must with Chivarly. So casting Necro spells hurts karma. Just use vampire form spell.. not others.

8) Plan your weapons to different situations. 100% elemental weapons are great. For example craft 100% fire arachnid slayer black staff for arachnid champs.

CodeDaddy

Visitor
Thanks lads, so i hear ya...

chivelry can increase my damage, and i can heal from it as needed. Also can rez i see, in a pinch.... not as easily with bandaids though. But the damage increase may negate any healing i may have had to do.

Weps for one on one. Keep my staff for mobs, look for Armor Ignore or double strike for one on one fights.... situational weps as i can.

Parry is interesting. I dont use shield, cause bushy.... but i got 120 now.... not sure about droppjng that.

Thx for the input.

Think i might go ahead and drop healing for chiv.

Any other advice for a returning samurai from the past?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Thanks lads, so i hear ya...

chivelry can increase my damage, and i can heal from it as needed. Also can rez i see, in a pinch.... not as easily with bandaids though. But the damage increase may negate any healing i may have had to do.

Weps for one on one. Keep my staff for mobs, look for Armor Ignore or double strike for one on one fights.... situational weps as i can.

Parry is interesting. I dont use shield, cause bushy.... but i got 120 now.... not sure about droppjng that.

Thx for the input.

Think i might go ahead and drop healing for chiv.

Any other advice for a returning samurai from the past?
Good advice so far that you have received in this thread. Personally, I would use Swords instead of Mace Fighting for a sampire, but that's just a matter of personal preference.

The next question will be with your gear. Do you want extra Lower Mana Cost over the 40% cap? You can wear a suit of Bone and Studded pieces to get up to 55 LMC, generally a 3% bonus over the cap with each piece of equipment. Or perhaps you want some stamina protection so that when you take big hits you don't lose little to no stamina? For that, you can wear a suit with plate mail and ring mail. You also get a lower mana cost bonus here as well for 1% bonus over the cap with each piece of equipment.

Next... for your weapons... do you have a full set of slayer weapons? Do you have a good break down of weapons with different elemental damages on them? Perhaps a few special weapons for bosses? Check out the knuckleheads imbue calculator here: Imbuing Calculator | Knuckleheads.dk

For some other references and combat calculators, check out this link: UO Stratics - Combat

Good luck!

CodeDaddy

Visitor
Thx lads.

So... what str, dex, int yiu all run with?

I got (i think... or close to this anyway)

90 str
100 dex
60 int

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Thx lads.

So... what str, dex, int yiu all run with?

I got (i think... or close to this anyway)

90 str
100 dex
60 int
Max Strength and enough Dex to get your total Stamina above 180, remaining in Intelligence. You should also be an Elf for the +20 mana, and can use some of the Masteries that give you +15 Mana.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like to think of this as layered defenses. I run my sampire as a human with hpr armor and damage eater. Being human and hpr cap let me regen hp 20 every 10 seconds and damage eater returns 18% of damage done to you in pulses. Combine that with confidence and your good to go.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you change to swodsmanship. Check also "Onslaught" mastery move. That lowers monsters recistanses --> high damage boost.. All weapon masteries give at tier 3 super cool hci +5 dci +5 DI +5 and dtr +5