• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

No EM Events on Europa?

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am a casual observer and noticed that there hasn't been any EM Events posted about here since September last year - I recall reading about EMs leaving etc. I take it there have been no recent EM Events on Europa?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was one last Sunday. Posted on the event calendar on uo.com

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok thanks - but nothing on Facebook or Stratics then?
They did an event on Drach, then followed straight after with the same event on Europa. The same crowd followed from 1 event to the other.

A golden dress was the reward, it was run by the Golden Man - some sort of lunatic bad guy who has the King under control as always, don't quote me on any of this, I don't do roleplay!

To my knowledge, there are going to be a few events in this series, with an entire Golden Costume up for grabs - everyone seemed to know about it, you know when an event is going to have a drop because the same old usual cross shard suspects show up to those events - and they were all there, so it's being advertised somewhere.

But yeah, funnily enough, as a player on the shard, I knew/know nothing about the series, and just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

As an event, it was actually run better than usual, the EM has learned from many of the past complaints, and you could see by the way he ran things, he was trying to avoid all the normal pitfalls of this type of event - he was as helpful as possible, and tried to keep the crowd updated.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am a casual observer and noticed that there hasn't been any EM Events posted about here since September last year - I recall reading about EMs leaving etc. I take it there have been no recent EM Events on Europa?
Your right about Facebook and Stratics, best to check here (Events for January 2018 – Ultima Online) in the meantime :)

Last event was "The Golden Man" (Events for January 21, 2018 – Ultima Online) which gave this drop
The Corrosive And Magic Skirt Of The Golden Man - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums

Next event is tonight "The Labyrinth Of Death" (Events for January 31, 2018 – Ultima Online) which will be a felucca event ;)

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
After Kimmie was abducted by aliens onto another shard we haven't had any events advertised on here.I don't understand why we had to lose our very popular EM to another shard, surely they could have hired a new one for over there? :(

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After Kimmie was abducted by aliens onto another shard we haven't had any events advertised on here.I don't understand why we had to lose our very popular EM to another shard, surely they could have hired a new one for over there? :(
Yes I still follow UO with the intention of returning one day. Its the only ex-MMO which I still follow long after being active. I still log in very occasionally but thats mostly to wander around Fel and see what is left. Glad its still got EM events though. Thank you all!