• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Niyama Castle

Nyxx

Adventurer
Hi all. This is my first Castle entry and my first write up, so apologize ahead for any mistakes.

This entry is a Japanese themed Castle. It is called Niyama Castle after the twin roofs which look like two mountains. Entry #78 Page 8 under sindak.

Niyama Castle.jpg

I will describe the design to give you an idea of what to expect.

First of all, the Castle buildings are entered by only 2 doors, and one teleporter. These can easily be set to your desired security level. So you can make it public and have vendors without having to give up your privacy. The walls are setback one space so that you can have vendors on the outside of the walls without having to disturb your decor for the courtyard.

The teleporter is to the left of the Arch, which brings you to the main hall on the 2nd floor. There are teleporters that give you access to both buildings without having to open the doors.

Another little thing, the doors all swing out towards the batiment, so they never get in the way. I really dislike opening a door and having to click on it again to go to the right or left because it’s in the way.

The first floor:

Niyama 1st floor.jpg

The first building to the left of the Arch is the Watchtower:

This building is designed without a second floor so that you can accommodate tall structures like ovens and garden sheds in the first floor. This gives you the option of having your garden sheds placed in here if you did not want to disturb your decor in the courtyard.

There are 2 teleporters on the ground floor of the watchtower, to the right of the iron doors built into the wall. One leads you to the 3rd floor of the watchtower, the other to the 2nd floor of the main building (behind the stairs). From here you can conveniently access any part of the Main Castle.

This brings us to the Main Castle:

First of all, both ground floors, the Watchtower and the Main Castle, are designed to be customizable by you. I used a double wall design to allow for aesthetics on the exterior and practical, customizable walls on the inside.

The first floor is open space for you to customize as you wish. The stairs are out of the way to give you as much room to customize. The stairs are also designed to be convenient to navigate: no fancy twists and turns, just straight up and down; easy peezy.

The second floor:

Niyama 2nd floor.jpg

The 2nd floor of the Watchtower is vacant. The Main Castle 2nd floor holds the Main Hall and the Dojo. I set up the tatami mats in the Dojo as close to authentic as the game mechanics will allow. Most of the teleporters are found on this floor (the other 2 are on the ground floor behind the stairs).

The third floor:

Niyama 3rd floor A.png

The 3rd floor of the Watchtower holds a large room which can easily be the crafting room. There is a teleporter going to the ground floor of the Watchtower, and another going to the Main Castle, behind the stairs of the ground floor.

The 3rd floor of the Main Castle holds the residence and balcony. The bedrooms are lined with yellow mats while the hallway is wood. The balcony is also wood. The doors are sliding doors, so they don’t get in the way, besides, they looked nice. The bedroom doors are not centered and are off-set to the right so they don’t get in the way of stuff you may want to put on the west walls.

In keeping with the Japanese tradition I kept most of the flooring in wood or mats, except the ground floors which are stone. I tried to design the Castle with as much Zen as I can possibly muster. Hopefully, I came close to achieving that. The rooms are simple and straight forward. The Arch is supposed to symbolize the transition from the mundane to the sacred and give you a feeling of safety inside the walls, while the Castle itself is supposed to give you that feeling of strength and fortitude.

... So that a weary traveller can cross the gates, leave their worries behind and empty their mind of clutter as they discover their true nature in the sanctuary of Niyama Castle... (just a little RP there...hahaha)

I hope you enjoy the design!