• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] Niter Before and After Publish 69

ziggy29

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The release notes for Publish 69 claim that the chance to find niter deposits has been increased. Most people I know believe that's bogus, and I concur.

Geek that I am, I've kept statistics on my saltpeter production per hour of using the luck statue. My luck has been constant and these results all come from mining the same area of the Abyss. I get my fire beetle, touch the luck statue (1326 luck total for an hour) and go to my mining site. I note the amount of saltpeter I get out of it and saved to a spreadsheet.

I have over 15 hour-long sessions completed both before and after Publish 69. Results are:

BEFORE PUB 69

Number of hour-long mining sessions: 23
Min/Average/Max Saltpeter Obtained: 487/917/1681
Median Saltpeter Obtained in an Hour: 884

AFTER PUB 69

Number of hour-long mining sessions: 16
Min/Average/Max Saltpeter Obtained: 0/508/1044 (yes, that's ZERO one time)
Median Saltpeter Obtained in an Hour: 466

Unless there was a change to the particular location I'm mining in as a result of the publish, this seems backwards to me. But it has been a fairly constant experience that wherever I mine -- dungeons *or* on a boat -- my saltpeter production is down substantially with Publish 69.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm interested now in you doing exactly the same process you were using and not using your luck suit or any luck.

-Lorax

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I go mining with 2600+ luck and easily exceed 1000 saltpeter per hour.