• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ninjitsu

Majesto

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how much stealth, hiding and tracking and ninja to hit for 70 DS? or the max damage?

G

gmcbroom

Tracking? We actually need tracking to get a high Death Strike? That sux. I'vee gotta hear this too.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how much stealth, hiding and tracking and ninja to hit for 70 DS? or the max damage?

To get max DS dmg you need GM stealth, GM hiding and 120 ninja.

I don't think the level of your tracking matters for deathstrike. I think you just need to have your target tracked. If you are human you can track other people with the base skill from being human.

I am not sure what the max DS dmg is. On my ninja I just have 80/80 hide/stealth and 115 ninja. I do high 30's, low 40's if I track them. Deathstrike is still effective but you have to use the right template and it can't be the only piece of your offense.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To my knowledge, and feel free to correct me;

To do max damage Deathstrike you need GM Tracking.
Track your victim for [?] tiles and perform DS on them.

Your following DSs though will only reach 40, to do max damage again you will need to repeat the Tracking procedure.

For that matter I am almost certain you need 100 Hiding, 120 Ninja and 120 Stealth, not just 100 Stealth for the max damage without the Tracking procedure.

Even if I am wrong about having Stealth 120 instead of only 100 it's still a messed up template.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You might be right about the tracking piece, I never messed with it.

Without factoring in the tracking, DS damage is based on stealth/hide. It goes by the average of your stealth/hiding. So (Stealth + Hiding) / 2 = % of full DS Dmg. I think the full DS dmg is 40 (without tracking).

Majesto

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm.. I am not very sure though. There are people doing DS for 45 with 80 hide and 100 stealth. If I had 100 tracking, it is said to add 10 bonus damage, and 100 hiding and 120 stealth gives ds to be 60 damage? i just wonder how do people hit ds for 70

A

AZ-

120 ninja 80 hide 80 stealth = 32 DS, 42 with track bonus. (Human JoT is fine).

120 ninja 100 hide 120 stealth = 52 DS, 62 with track bonus. (<--not 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure. I tested a while back and those were the values I got.)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 ninja 80 hide 80 stealth = 32 DS, 42 with track bonus. (Human JoT is fine).

120 ninja 100 hide 120 stealth = 52 DS, 62 with track bonus. (<--not 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure. I tested a while back and those were the values I got.)

Incorrect.

Publish Notes:

Death Strike will now cause 50% less damage when using a ranged weapon.
Death Strike damage cap lowered from 70 to 60.
Death Strike damage now scales based on the average of Hiding/Stealth from 30% to 100% of normal damage.

The only time 120 stealth would make a difference was with 80 hiding, otherwise you're better off at 100/100 hide/stealth.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To get a 60 point Deathstrike, you need to track someone for approx. 1 screen, about 17 tiles, then hit them with it, and they then need to move at least 5 tiles.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To get a 60 point Deathstrike, you need to track someone for approx. 1 screen, about 17 tiles, then hit them with it, and they then need to move at least 5 tiles.

Correct, and I don't think the level of your tracking matters.

So the answer is, to do max Deathstrike you need 200 points between Hide/Stealth, 120 Ninja, and the human tracking will suffice, as long as you track them for 17 tiles.

A

AZ-

Not true. Just tested on test center. With 120 ninja/stealth and 100 hide while tracked I got ~55 damage. With 120 ninja 100 hide/stealth while tracked ~47 damage. Not a huge difference, but the extra stealth does matter.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not true. Just tested on test center. With 120 ninja/stealth and 100 hide while tracked I got ~55 damage. With 120 ninja 100 hide/stealth while tracked ~47 damage. Not a huge difference, but the extra stealth does matter.
I'll test it later, did you track each target the same number of tiles?