• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ninjitsu questions

SouthPaw

Lore Master
A few ninjitsu questions for those of you who have tried it on pets.

I've heard the pet learns the hiding skill. One question I have is does the pet use hiding in the middle of battle, and if so, does it create a situation where the pet loses agro and I get attacked?

How's the damage on the moves?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good afternoon South, well there are 2 types of ninja pets... the passive ninja pets which learn it through moves like frez whil, and so on(they don't get the ninja UI/moves/hide/stealth)... and then the true ninja pets which are most monster in tok island(hiryu,lesser hiryu, T. wolves etc).. these gain the ninja UI and GM hideing and stealth...and if the master knows the skills will even hide and stealth with the tamer.... The damage is pretty good...not as bursty as a chiv pet but nice sustained damage with an good mix of single target and aoe moves...the only down side is they will hide, use smoke bombs, and many other attacks which makes them drop agro on everything they are fighting and often leave you with a look on your face like" well I guess I will just die then." lol I few of my friends have some pure ninja lesser hiryus they enjoy... one is a stealth fel tamer.... hope this helps....if ya have anymore questions feel free to post of message me.. =^-^=

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
.and if the master knows the skills will even hide and stealth with the tamer....
A guy does this at Luna stable. I dont know how the pet knows. freaky

They are fun and do good damage with some of the moves.

You need a lesser with each magic anyway.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I'm definitely making a lesser hiryu with ninjitsu...just waiting for it to bond now. Sounds so crazy, how could I not try it?

Main concern I had was pet going into hiding and then me getting agro. When it hides do I have to tell it to attack again? Or does it keep attacking on its own? Also does the pet ever use "animal form" and polymorph?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
when it hides it does so to use a ninja moves that requires hideing.. so it will spring from the shadow pretty fast once it poofs.. just be ready to invis just in case it doesn't get all the hate back it lost...Sadly it doesn;t use the forms..but does use most of the tricks in a ninja's bag... also if you have hiding the moment you hide it will too... ^_~

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
You know I'm not certain on that one.. there is a chance you poofing would proc the ui to use hide.. I have to test that when I get back from town.. in the mean time while Im gone if any of other tamers know this one I'm rather interested in the answer too =^-~=

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wanted to make a stealth hiryu myself for being a butthead purposes in fel. Buddy of mine says they don't follow you too well at spawns and you will end up on your own and looking for your pet. Is there an easy way to keep track of their location while they are hidden/stealthing? I was thinking maybe get off a human tracking on it and figuring the arrow would tell me where it is.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wanted to make a stealth hiryu myself for being a butthead purposes in fel. Buddy of mine says they don't follow you too well at spawns and you will end up on your own and looking for your pet. Is there an easy way to keep track of their location while they are hidden/stealthing? I was thinking maybe get off a human tracking on it and figuring the arrow would tell me where it is.
They do some area hits. Anything that does area damage can walk away at spawns.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Word. Anyway to keep track of where they are, relatively easy?
Keep their bar up and while they are visible, make sure they are on the boss. I have found some Goo pets 2 screens away when I notice them missing.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, no real good way to keep a handle on them while stealthing? Can you track them and make sure they are following you?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They just stealth for a few seconds and pop out to attack. You can see them at that time. They dont just stealth around for fun. It is part of the attack they do.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I got my ninja Hiryu to 3 slot today. Ninja is mid 40’s, it also has AI. Didn't know I was going to have to spend an extra 100 points for hiding. Fun pet so far. Have to watch out for agro sometimes though. Can’t wait to see what it can do at 5 slots and high Ninjitsu skill. When I first got ninjitsu on it I told it to attack a bull half a screen away. It immediately hid, stealthed over to the bull and executed it. Pretty awesome to watch. Only has 350 STR right now and low mana, so should be quite a bit better after next round of leveling.

Last edited:

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I got my ninja hiryu to 5 slot. He’s ok. Apparently they took fww away from Ninjitsu, because I didn’t get it. At first the hiding and stealth is pretty fun, but after the novelty of it wore off I just found it annoying. Makes it difficult to heal sometimes and I would get agro sometimes too. Going to try Bushido on my other Hiryu next. I'm glad I tried it, but I doubt I'll put it on another pet. Pro's: Low mana usage and ninjitsu raises pretty fast. Cons: can be hard to cure/heal pet and you can get killed from agro.

Last edited:

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
He doesn't use FWW at all, or does it not get a special mention and is just included under the Ninjitsu? We still have to get started on our ninjitsu lesser hiryu, it's not so high on the priorities list. Thanks for sharing your experiences with it!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He doesn't use FWW at all, or does it not get a special mention and is just included under the Ninjitsu? We still have to get started on our ninjitsu lesser hiryu, it's not so high on the priorities list. Thanks for sharing your experiences with it!
Yes, they changed it to where you get nothing free with Ninja. You do not get Ninja as a magic by adding FWW anymore. You still pay for the Ninja you dont get.

You can add FWW and then buy Ninja to get a build like that.

Or just build AI and Ninja.