• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ninjitsu and FWW question

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
So I have a question about ninjutsu, how this pairs with Tukono and how both work with Frenzied Whirlwind. I have two Tritons, one I got and opened immediately, I was unaware you could open it in Tukono to add Ninjitsu. The 2nd I opened in Tukono. I put both in my stable and started to train them up. I lost track of which was which but figured I could add FWW after the first training and if I picked the right one from my stable it would let me add it since you need Ninjitsu to do FWW. This first Triton I grabbed was the one with better stats and it let me add FWW and Ninjitsu. However I went to begin training my other Triton for a different build and noticed I could add Ninjitsu and FWW as well. I know without a doubt I opened one in Tukono and one outside Tukono, so how can I add Ninjitsu to both? Or is it the one that was truly opened in Tukono after adding Ninjitsu will cast other Ninjitsu spells? I couldnt tell any difference between the two tritoms before or after beginning training. So does opening in Tukono do anything different? Can you add FWW regsrdless 9f the pet but only Tukono oets can cast Ninjitsu spells? Any advice greatly appreciated.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
So I have a question about ninjutsu, how this pairs with Tukono and how both work with Frenzied Whirlwind. I have two Tritons, one I got and opened immediately, I was unaware you could open it in Tukono to add Ninjitsu. The 2nd I opened in Tukono. I put both in my stable and started to train them up. I lost track of which was which but figured I could add FWW after the first training and if I picked the right one from my stable it would let me add it since you need Ninjitsu to do FWW. This first Triton I grabbed was the one with better stats and it let me add FWW and Ninjitsu. However I went to begin training my other Triton for a different build and noticed I could add Ninjitsu and FWW as well. I know without a doubt I opened one in Tukono and one outside Tukono, so how can I add Ninjitsu to both? Or is it the one that was truly opened in Tukono after adding Ninjitsu will cast other Ninjitsu spells? I couldnt tell any difference between the two tritoms before or after beginning training. So does opening in Tukono do anything different? Can you add FWW regsrdless 9f the pet but only Tukono oets can cast Ninjitsu spells? Any advice greatly appreciated.
You can add FWW to any triton no matter where you open it.

The difference is if it has passive or active ninjitsu.
Passive ninja will raise and the higher it goes the more dmg FWW does. This applies to most pets you put FWW on.
Active ninja will make the pet hide, use smoke bombs, use nijitsu moves. (must be a tukono pet for this one)

I have a lesser hiryu with the full/active ninjitsu, the damage is not very good. Also pet hides which sometimes will leave you standing there to take agro from mobs. Its pretty broken, pet seems to only use 1 ability-Death Strike, which isn't any good on pets. Other than that they just hide/smoke bomb which does nothing productive. Stealth is not on the lore screen so it's debatable if they get it or not. I will tell you that many times I've seen my pet hide near me and reappear on the other side of the screen to attack something. Could be stealth or could be lag, no way for me to know for sure.

Last edited:

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have a Triton that has Chiv/AI and FWW (as a special) I had to use 500 points to add "passive" Ninjutsu when I chose FWW. The Ninjutsu is ONLY for the FWW. It does TONS of damage, but because of the points needed, It's (in my opinion) only viable with a REALLY nice starting Triton. I like it much better than a "true" Ninjutsu/AI combo pet (with no Chiv).

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
I see. I guess that was the confusion on my part. I thought only Tukono pets could add FWW because you needed Ninjitsu. What made me question all of this was when I went to add skills to my Najasaurus I added FWW without problem which obviously is not a Tukono pet. Now I see you can add that to pretty much any pet but will get the passive ninjitsu for the FWW. So in the end I trained the best Triton I had with Chiv/AI/FWW which was the right choice out of the two tritons I have. So whew, my mistake wasn't too terrible after all.

So I guess the next question is with my other Triton that does have the ability to add true Ninjitsu or Bushido, are there any good pet builds that take advantage of Bushido? I definitely don't need a pet that hides to leave me to take all of the aggro from a mob.. How about Bushido are there any decent builds with that? Seeing as how I can't find much information about it on pets, I'm guessing not. I also see Disco/CB as an option for tritons which would be cool since I do not have a Disco pet. If I went this route, my tamer is a mage tamer, do I need to do any skill mods to work with that type of pet?

Thanks again for the explanations.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I see. I guess that was the confusion on my part. I thought only Tukono pets could add FWW because you needed Ninjitsu. What made me question all of this was when I went to add skills to my Najasaurus I added FWW without problem which obviously is not a Tukono pet. Now I see you can add that to pretty much any pet but will get the passive ninjitsu for the FWW. So in the end I trained the best Triton I had with Chiv/AI/FWW which was the right choice out of the two tritons I have. So whew, my mistake wasn't too terrible after all.

So I guess the next question is with my other Triton that does have the ability to add true Ninjitsu or Bushido, are there any good pet builds that take advantage of Bushido? I definitely don't need a pet that hides to leave me to take all of the aggro from a mob.. How about Bushido are there any decent builds with that? Seeing as how I can't find much information about it on pets, I'm guessing not. I also see Disco/CB as an option for tritons which would be cool since I do not have a Disco pet. If I went this route, my tamer is a mage tamer, do I need to do any skill mods to work with that type of pet?

Thanks again for the explanations.
Bushido is pretty good. You get whirlwind for free when you train bushido too. It's defensive in nature.

I have a CB/Discord triton, he's pretty good too.