• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] Ninja/stealth/necro/Mage on SP

Rikimaru_Vegeta

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I currently run a bush/ninja dexxer that uses a bok on SP.. In reality I am quite skilled at being a mage (8 years of being a mage; pvpn 7 of those years); so its time i return to my roots. I am thinking of a different template; this is a template you wouldnt run on prodo shards because on SP - no insurance!

100 hiding
80 stealth
120 ninja
120 mage
120 eval
120 wrestling (or go with 80 anat)
60 necro
*if I go with 80 anat I could put rest 40 into med)

Some questions come to my mind when I am thinking about this template..
- does Death strike work with the eval and anat combo; or does it have to be wrestling?
- with jack of all trades I get 20 focus and 20 med - with 6 mana regen; invasion spellbook and orny - I get 1.35 mana per second (1.75 mana with 10 mana regen) Question is.. with this low of mana, is it viable to have high mana regen and low med skill? I have always learned a mage needs med.. but is it possible nowadays to have low med and sport lmc and high mana regen items..

Things to note*
-I would use one of the invasion spell books that give mana regen and dci
-death strike is a must here as it would be a great finisher against a dexxer
-blood oath, evil omen, wraith form, corpse skin (only works if targets resist is below 120), and pain spike all would be useful with 60 necro
-smoke bomb; stealth away is to much fun
-darts and ninja stars = win

On SP I could use this char for
-field fights; I am a awesome cross healer; met. swarm and chain light; evil omen para.. para fields.. basically being a mage in the field - so I think this template would be great in the field
-1vs1 - against other mages my skill level - i would prolly get crushed due to no resist (mana vamp..) though against horrible mages I think i could hold my own..
-1vs1 dexxer; more than likely use blood oath, evil omen and all that, death strike for a finisher cause they will almost run when near death, I can then pop a pain spike or something of the sort- so against dexxers I think this template could hold its own
- champ spawns; wraith form, EVs, chain lighting..etc.. I give it a B+ here since no wither (not sure if I could CS boss due to only 20 spirit speak)

If anyone has any experience playing this type of template please let me know...

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anatomy/Eval doesn't work for hitting, only defense.

You would have to go with the build you suggested, but instead of wrestle go mage weapon, which means crystalline ring, which means not feasible on siege.

6 mr is not enough with 0 med. I push the envelope with 80 med 8 MR and I find myself short of mana way too frequently. On a mage I would say that's a minimum.

In my experience, a mage without resist or med is a bad idea any way you cut it.

I do, however, appreciate the ninja mage. IMO, a group of defense based mages is the best group you can have because they can synch offensive spells while being practically invincible.

My fav template for this is the Parry/Ninja mage, in the "mage q" thread. Without crystalline you could drop med to 60 and get by ok.

100 Mage (120 with crystalline)
120 Resist
120 Eval
120 Parry
100 Anatomy
80 Ninjitsu
80 Meditation

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(anat + eval + 20) / 2 = Defensive Ability

So 120 eval and 100 anat is equivalent to 120 wrestling in terms of natural defense.

N

NickyDishes

i have a tamer with ninja and mage weapon.....would it be smarter to trade ninja for wrestle or anatomy....i cant fit both....i use ninja for forms and mirrors.....deathstrike doesnt seem to be worth it without stealth.....im smacking my head against the wall....my temp so far is

120 magery
120 eval
120 med
115 lore
110 taming
105 ninja

i can run with a dread, cu, or GD....

what is best combo for pvp i cannot decide...i run with lot of necro mages and stealth archers

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well that adds up to 690 skill points, if you are set up to use a mage wep and be the tamer I'd say drop ninja for the resist points.

If your shard is disarm/moving shot archer zerged like mine I'd say drop ninja and go 100 anatomy, if you ditch the mage weapon that's 20 extra skill points from crystalline (i'm assuming), so 55 total open skill points. From there you could even drop meditation down to 75 and put 100 skill points into scribe for some SDI. Or you could just drop med to 95 and put on 80 vet.

100 Mage (120 crystalline)
120 eval
75 med
115 lore
110 tame
100 anatomy
100 scribe

100 Mage (120 crystalline)
120 eval
95 med
115 lore
110 tame
100 anatomy
80 vet

120 magery
120 eval
120 med
115 lore
110 taming
120 resist

(705 skill pts)

R

RichDC

Things to note*
-I would use one of the invasion spell books that give mana regen and dci.
Things to not on your notes:

1) this book doesnt exist(bar a VERY small amount) the invasion books im assuming your speaking of are either 3Mr 10LRC or 5LMC 2FCR (at max of course). The only book with MR and DCI is Clannins spellbook from the SL Faction event. (MR3 5 DCI 20LRC 12LMC)