• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ninja skill vs Shurikens and darts

• Thread starter Drunk'n Masta
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Drunk'n Masta

I've been a 80's ninja for awhile and wanna start useing shurikens and darts during pvp.

Does ninja skill affect the hit chance for shurikens/darts much like a melee skill to attack with a armed weopon? So higher the ninja the increased chance to hit your target?

If so how does the targets resist work? Is it from physical resist even if the shurken is poisoned?

I'm really gonna have to massacre my skill points just to get myself to gm ninja. Any suggestions if gm ninja a happy medium for succes with shuriken/darts or do I need to raise it higher for decent success rate.

L

lysarius

<blockquote><hr>

I've been a 80's ninja for awhile and wanna start useing shurikens and darts during pvp.

Does ninja skill affect the hit chance for shurikens/darts much like a melee skill to attack with a armed weopon? So higher the ninja the increased chance to hit your target?

[/ QUOTE ]YES. Ninjitsu works exactly like a melee attack skill to determine your chance to hit with stars/darts

<blockquote><hr>

If so how does the targets resist work? Is it from physical resist even if the shurken is poisoned?

[/ QUOTE ]Stars/darts dont do any damage when they hit. They just poison the target with whatever level of poison was applied to the stars/darts. (As the poison damages the target it is the poison resist that determines how much of the poison damage they take.)

<blockquote><hr>

I'm really gonna have to massacre my skill points just to get myself to gm ninja. Any suggestions if gm ninja a happy medium for succes with shuriken/darts or do I need to raise it higher for decent success rate.

[/ QUOTE ] Short Answer: You can get by with 100 attack skill but 120 is better. If you go with 100 you really need 45% HCI to have much of a chance to hit a well defended char (45% DCI, parry, 120 weapon skill).

Longer answer: The chance to hit with a weapon (like stars/darts) is based on several factors: your attack skill (ninjitsu), their defense skill, your HCI, their DCI, do they have parry?, etc. In general the the difference between 100 attack skill and 120 attack skill will result in somewhere between a 5% to 8% change in your chance to hit. By contrast the difference between having 0% HCI and 45% HCI will result in somewhere between a 12% to 22% increase in your chance to hit. (Check on the stratics combat calulator to test actual numbers.)

NOTE:
- Dont even think about using deathstrike at 100 ninjitsu. (You just end up wasting mana.)
- Dont bother with deathstrike unless you have hiding and stealth.
- Dont bother with deathstrike if you are an archer.

D

Drunk'n Masta

Thank you for the informative reply, you answered exactly what I was uncertain about.

R

Ru Atl

<blockquote><hr>

Stars/darts dont do any damage when they hit. They just poison the target with whatever level of poison was applied to the stars/darts.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've seen my shurikens do 1-5 damage upon contact with my targets.

I

imported_GFY

<blockquote><hr>

- Dont bother with deathstrike if you are an archer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I thought Deathstrike went well with ninja archers?

I

imported_Plum Cake

a question, how can i use ****iya dart? i need to equip in a belt or a Pipe?

who craft that item so i can use dart?

D

Drunk'n Masta

Need a ****iya. single click than it asks you if you want to load it for darts. ****iya's are made by carpenters I believe

Da BaBO

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where do you get darts? Are they craftable? I have no problem making ****iyas, but I have no idea where to get the darts.

Da BaBO

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cool, Thx. OK, now to add bowcrafting on my crafter template. Thank goodness for soulstones..