• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Nightmares..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I see that nightmares have several problems still: Anyway you train/skill them, they do not have enough points to put good things on them, so you have a problem adding necromage, and magery mastery still casts the mirror spell lowering their resists. What are people using them for? PvP? Also you can only add one special to them and thats it..either AOE or the special move. It does not look that they may be tanky like other pets, and their main advantage is being rideable? Also the 2 slot mares..as soon as you add anything to them, they immediately become 3 slot..

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I’ll try to help, but I’m sure there are smarter people here then I am. I’ll start with your last comment, the one about the 2 slot going to 3 slot when you add anything to them, that is normal for all pets. So no need to worry about that.
Next, you are correct, because they have magery and dragon breath, you can only add one thing, I like armor ignore myself but any ability you like can be added.
Personally, I wouldn’t bother with necro, necromage or even magery mastery. If you’re worried about points used, stick with magery. I personally would stick with *plain” old boring magery. Now with that said, I did switched one of my new post 97 2 slot mares to mysticism and tbh, I like it.
I have heard of a few being used in PvP, I have no idea as I don’t PvP, I just enjoy trying different things out.
Hope that helps a little and maybe someone who knows more will chime in.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I’ll try to help, but I’m sure there are smarter people here then I am. I’ll start with your last comment, the one about the 2 slot going to 3 slot when you add anything to them, that is normal for all pets. So no need to worry about that.
Next, you are correct, because they have magery and dragon breath, you can only add one thing, I like armor ignore myself but any ability you like can be added.
Personally, I wouldn’t bother with necro, necromage or even magery mastery. If you’re worried about points used, stick with magery. I personally would stick with *plain” old boring magery. Now with that said, I did switched one of my new post 97 2 slot mares to mysticism and tbh, I like it.
I have heard of a few being used in PvP, I have no idea as I don’t PvP, I just enjoy trying different things out.
Hope that helps a little and maybe someone who knows more will chime in.
Di you have room for Scrolls? Did you use a Mysticism PS on it? can you post pics? Appreciate the help.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Di you have room for Scrolls? Did you use a Mysticism PS on it? can you post pics? Appreciate the help.
I did add scrolls. Mostly 110’s but mysticism is scrolled for 120. She isn’t really super special but next time I have my pc on I’ll take some screenshots for you, so you can see what I did. And so you know, I went with the 110’s for the sole reason I wanted to scroll her some but given the prices for scrolls, I just couldn’t afford going higher.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ok, I found myself using the pc, so I took the screenshots.
NM1.PNG NM2.PNG NM3.PNG NM4.PNG NM5.PNG NM6.PNG NM7.PNG

As you can see, not super special but I do find myself enjoying her in the PvM fights I have used her in. And she isn't fully skilled in myst yet.