• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Nightmare question

B

Berkley

I got my first nightmare around 1999 or 2000. I'm not certain to be honest becuase it was so long ago. Anyway I left in 2002 and returned to the game in 2009.

Well I was happy to see my Nightmare had waited for me all those years to return. After some time and getting use to stuff i tamed another nightmare and thats what started the pre patch thoughts in my head. First the two have really different numbers infact the old one has no Physical reists at all. The new one does. So a friend told me to try the new pet calc for cu's and one day i put the old nightmare in and it said that the night mares dont have stats as big as my current old mare.

Thus started the prepatch and rare stuff.

So, are there prepatch mares? Are they even rare? any help would be welcomed as someone wants to buy mine for 100 mill and im too honest to go stealing from people.

Here are the stats of the mare.

hp 298
str 515
dex 107
int 125

resist

Phy 0 blank
fire 64
cold 34
poison 38
energy 40

damage
phy 40
fire 40
energy 20

base 16-22

wrestling 89.0
tactic 98.7
resist 92.6
anatomy 46.4

magery 39.9
eval 45.2
med 77.6

I dont really train any of my animals except gd which i hunt with and thats how they become trained. I remember always being scared back in the day i would lose my mare so i sat on him around brit bank and even now dont use him. Maybe he is a little trained but not maxed i wouldnt think.

Anyway thx for your help.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I'm afraid I have to be the barer of bad news. It may very well be a rare, pre-patch mare. The dearth of physical resist is certainly unusual. Unfortunately, its stats are lower than current maximums.

Your mare's stats are as follows:

hp 298
str 515
dex 107
int 125

Current max mare stats are:

hp 315
str 525
dex 125
int 125

And I can confirm that these stats are current, as I own one that I tamed within the past year with max stats. Sorry. :(

But hey, at least it's a rare one w/o physical resist. Still of interest to rare pet collectors. :)

J

[JD]

i would prob use a physical weapon and test and see if its phys is hidden, or actually 0

in any case it does seem rare so if someone has lored it and wants to buy it for 100 mil hell why not? thats a lot of money and will basically set you up on your shard with a house, be able to train crafting skills, and outfit some characters

oh yeah and lastly this brings up the point that pets should be able to be sold off vendors. vendors are the only secure way to sell things to players. i've seen people selling pets run scams, and other people try trade window scams. with any trade this large i'd be very nervous. if this was an item, he could put it on his vendor and the person could buy it and the 100 mil would securely be there. but since it's a pet, he's forced to potentially get scammed through the trade window...

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
100 mil is an easy enough trade to do with checks tbh, did one of those ages ago.

If in doubt brokers are the best bet.

Wenchy

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm just not a fan of pets being sold on vendors. It's no less flawed than the system we have now, you'd maybe be "safer" for the rare top end pet sales but you'll be competing with luna resellers day in day out for the rest. And vendor fees aren't cheap on high end stuff. I really can't see myself using a pet vendor at all as a trader. Now extra stable space *would* be useful, and much easier to code in.

Wenchy

J

[JD]

im all for stable space but i dont think that solves the problem of how to efficiently and safely sell pets does it?

if i had a 100 mil i wouldnt drop it on the vendor and leave it there, i'd probably put a book with my icq etc as the name and description, when i found a seller i'd put the pet on the vendor and the person could buy it from there to eliminate trade window scams. or they could just fix the trade window scams.

if i had like a regular pet i was selling for a couple mil, i'd probably just put it on the vendor and leave it.

the luna thing is a double edged sword. but it helps establish a market for the pets. right now i know no tamers selling pets on a regular basis and there is no market. by putting the pets in luna you can 'test the waters' of what the customers will pay, which will establish the market. and then those seeking to undercut will know what to price.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It depends how you want to sell pets :) Stabling is all I need to store pets while they find new owners, so I can keep a selection of critters in case anyone asks for something, or if I find some good pets when working spawn for something else. I trade pets in person because that's the bit of pet selling I enjoy. But I've never had the least concern about safe trading in all the time I've sold pets.

Vendors would suit some tamers for trading, it is convenient if your preferred trade is to drop a deed onto a vendor rather than meet up at specific trade times. On the flip side though, you wouldn't be the only tamer with vendors. You'd be competing with tamers who bought up pets and resold them with mule tamer chars. Tamers with vendors would be just like any crafting mule, just with a more time consuming product to restock. I can't see the appeal in that tbh.

Wenchy

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The dearth of physical resist is certainly unusual.
Really old pets (pre-2002?) on really old accounts that were inactive I think when the big patch that rejigged alot of pet resists, introduced control slots and changed the skill requirements (don't know when that was exactly) will have 0 phys resist. When I returned in 2006 (?) all my pets were like that on my tamer. Unfortunately I was stupid and discarded them all, including a black forest ostard that you can't get anymore (and I haven't seen one since anywhere).

tanotan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i`ve got a nightmare like that rare one u posted, too. It has zero physical resist, but has more hp than urs. furthermore, a friend of mine has a white wyrm with different resists compared to white wyrms from today. So, thats a pre patch pet , too. Pets are on drachenfels, and if you wanna sell pets for a lot of money, try high end gd`s. I`ve sold high end gd`s betweeen 50 mio up too 200 mios each.
Just my humble opinion. :thumbup1: