• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Nightmare at Dragonhame

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Of coarse it would be raining, fitting for my name. Today however wasn't a pleasant rain, sure not one to sit and soak in the calm of hearing raindrops hitting the window pane. Today was the dreary kinda rain, cold, and I sure would much rather go back a day or two, would it change anything I wonder. Waking up this morning like any other day happy and ready to begin a new day, I had come accustom to cooking and cleaning myself, no servants, so breakfast for three young children was my next adventure for the day. It had taken me months learning to cook without burning the food but still sometimes it happened. Today the meal seemed to be looking great, biscuits were beginning to smell oh so yummy, from the smell it would be a couple minutes before they were done, time enough to wake the children. The boys loved biscuits and gravy, eggs and bacon and the bacon today was real bacon not what the Dragons had dragged in. Smiling as I climbed the stairs ready to wake my Sleeping Dragons, at the top of the stairs was silence, opening the curtains to let the sunshine into the room, I turn to look at their beds and no movements from the covers pulled over the beds. Jerking the Blanket from my Daughters bed, and the panic began, no Ashley, my mind then went to thinking she had crawled in bed with the baby to get him to sleep. Rushing to Dylan's bed I quickly pull back the covers, I gasped, his bed was empty! As I turn to look at The Oldest Sons bed, Corey's, my heart sank, I knew before I got to it but I had hope, as I slowly pull back the covers.....empty! My children were gone, as I screamed for them the smell hit my nose, burning Bread in the oven! The next few hours was a blur, rumors of how Nujelum had used Dragons against Britainnia, the talk among my family was of our own Dragons being corupted. I do remember running to Destard to look for the children, they were not there but the Dragons in the Dungeon were different and a pair of them did not seem to fit in, I couldn't put a finger on it but something was Odd. My children however were not in the Dungeon, so I had to search the woods around our home. How could I have ever thought an old guard post for Destard could ever be a safe place for my children, moving here my thoughts had only been getting them away from my out of control Sister, Daenyra, and away from Dagar Island, the Undead and anything to do with the shenanigans of Daenyra. Daeny had become a loose cannon, in the beginning she had been so against the Undead, the Vampires and Witches, yet now all that had changed. There had even been rumors of her associated with Orc's. I know she still loves us but something just hadn't been right with her for some time now. The day seemed to be a long really bad Nightmare, with no luck finding my Children. Could Daeny be behind this? I shuddered at the thought, then the tears began, I had fought them back all day, knowing breaking down would only slow the process of finding my kids. I sat there by that pond on a fallen log bawling, these Children were my life, my whole reason to live, and they were gone. I have to find them and they have to be ok, as i force myself to regain composer. The day had been long and what seemed endless but darkness would soon come and if my Sister had anything to do with this I must find out, running back home I had to gather warm things and dress warmer, it was time to take a trip to the Ice.

Arriving at DragonStone there were people outside as if waiting for someone, people I knew even, Chanticleer, Piper, Moon and even Sergio, slipping past them unseen I made way inside to find my sister. At this point I wanted to just strangle her but dead she would be no help to me. As I confronted her, she already knew about the Children, but how? " Go with them they will help you search for the children, we were headed to Destard to look, rumors are somebody has shape shifted into Dragons but also I've heard the word Imposters...so go Go look for the kids" Daenyra said and seemed concerned. Then the words came from her lips "I never meant for it to go this far..." before another word could come from her mouth, My fist landed square on those savage lips with a force of a Dragon, knocking her on her bum to the floor. " I'm going and if anything happens to my Children I will come back for you with the most Vengence you have ever seen, I will kill you if they are harmed"

Walking outside of DragonStone and there standing before me were 4 people I had never imagined would be there for me but there they stood. I uttered "You followed her" knowing they did not know what was going on and had just preceded to follow her to help our family. In an instance we were at my home, five of us and we made our way to Destard. There had to be some kinda clue inside, something to help find my children. The Dragons inside were all in an uproar the tension was thick within Destard, finding ourselves in the very back of the Dungeon there we stumbled into some humped up odd looking Dragon and someting seemed so familar with it but I couldnt put a finger on it, Moon had wandered off searching for clues when she came riding her lil pony at top speed back to us "Come look at this..." following her even further into the depths of Destard there stood another of those Dragons but this one was a female, and it to seemed so familar, as Piper pointed out "This one looks better then the other one" , running back to the first one we came to the conclusion these were not real. Then the onset of chaos began and it seemed every Dragon in that place was ready to eat us for dinner, every kind of serpent imaginable appeared, what seemed an eternity we slay our attackers until before us stood the most massive Dragon I had ever seen, large red and angry, with each huff it made sucked the life from us until finally it to lay before us, taking the dagar from my belt I cut the beasts gut open searching for any kind of clue it could have consumed, but nothing except a BROOM...." A Broom, it has swallowed a Broom, do any of you know any Witches?" as I look at each of them shaking their heads and Chanticleer making a comment about some girl he knew laughing. Then the next words from his mouth " There was one in the Trinsic swamps..", at that moment it dawned on me, my Sister had a friend we suspected of being a Witch there a girl named Phoebe.........

Last edited:

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Pacing the floor all I could think about was my children missing, those dragons in Desatrd seemed out of place that night, they reminded me as I looked at them of Judas and Garnet, but why? I just don't get it, why would two odd looking dragons remind me of two people I know, was something trying to tell me who to go to, to look for the kids? Releazing that maybe I needed to look in there room again, maybe there was a Clue, with all the hope I could muster up I climb the steps to their room eyes searching every nook n kranny of the room I spot something out of place, the kids did not have a Bunny Toy and there tucked behind their stuffed bear was a Rabbit and not just any Rabbit, as I pick it up looking it over a tag on the bottom read " made near Skara Brae" hmm near Skara, a Bunny near Skara, and my first thought was James the Bunnyman frequented a tavern near there, Que's ! The words Bunny, Skara Brae kept running through my mind as I turn to go back downstairs I slipped in something wet on the floor, boom crashing to the floor I wipe my fingers across the liquid, " what in the world is this?"

(For a short time the middle gate in front of the keep will be set to public which allows you into the courtyard, from there, there is a hidden teleporter in one of the towers *the back right one* to the tower top from there you will find a way to the walkway around top, that allows you to the archway of the doors to the Kids room and a glimpse of whats inside, The keep can be reached by a teleporter at DragonStone Castle or a slight walk from Skara towards Dragonhame Mountain or North from Destard , Fel side)

Sunday afternoon Dec. 27 at 3 pm central time, meet in Skara Brae by the docks within the city from there you will be told of the clues I've found and you will decide if we need to all go look at the clues or where we go from there, HELP ME FIND MY KIDS (there could be clues I haven't noticed)

a clue.png

Last edited: