• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Nice Chapel, check this out!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Went to Atlantic to see a few friends, and was invited out to Sinful's shops.
She has built a wedding chapel, and all I could do was stare. Large, Lavish, extravagant, and yet simply beautiful!

First Floor:

Second Floor:

Third Floor:

The Roof:

The screenies don't do it justice. It's in Malas, at 34-54N, 26-9 E, not far out of Umbra. Go take a look at some of the unique deco that doesn't show in pics. The roof, for instance, has the elevated walkway of gozas leading up to the platform. Excellently done, my hat's off to Sinful for the design and implementation. :thumbup1:

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is just beautiful! I love the whispering roses on the hops. The egg/egg/nightshade/flowers on the banister over the red ferns looks so pretty...the giant mushroom made me giggle...it's all so very well put together! :heart:

S

Sinful Candie

Thank you Uriah for posting for me and I am glad you like the place. Thank you Sarsmi hearing that from you is great. You always seem to do such outstanding work. As for my giant mushrooms. They are great for storage with out being a eye sore. :)

T

Teeshy

That really is gorgeous!

I have a thing about the colour red, dunno why, but it's my least favourite colour - anyways, I even like the red room, it all goes together so beautifully!

S

Sinful Candie

I am not much for red or purple. I love blue but the Bride loves purple and the Groom loves red so I thought I do a floor for each. Thank you Teeshy.

E

Eyes of Origin

This looks almost like an exact copy of a wedding chapel a friend of mine put together for my UO Wedding on Origin some months ago :(

Looks good, but the credit for a lot of the designs and ideas should go to Crystal Canyon on Origin =/

S

Sinful Candie

I agree with you Eyes. I did use some of hers and change a little here and there. I use some other people too and just added things together. So if anything I thank everyone that has posted design on here and in game. I just could not remember where I saw it from. So yes she gets credit too. :)

F

Flora Green

Your version is put together much better, Sinful. I really hate purple and red, but you made it work somehow.

S

Sinful Candie

Thank you Flora. The wedding was Sat and the new couple was very happy with the Chapel.

S

Sinful Candie

I did say I use some of her idea. Why do people have to keep bashing others on here? I sure everyone has taken others ideas and use them and change them some. This is why I wont post my pictures on here. Someone always have something to say. We all are guilty of using someones idea at one time or another. *shakes head* I did say I give her credit for some.

Cadsuane Sedai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did say I use some of her idea. Why do people have to keep bashing others on here? I sure everyone has taken others ideas and use them and change them some. This is why I wont post my pictures on here. Someone always have something to say. We all are guilty of using someones idea at one time or another. *shakes head* I did say I give her credit for some.
There is no real way to say oh it's my idea.

There are a few tings i figured out myself that are on deco sites as someone elses idea.
because they posted it. *shrugs*

It doesn't matter who made what at what time the over all design is beutiful and YOU put it together. It is beutiful good on you.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think we all borrow from each other. I try to be original with most of my stuff but if I remember I saw something cute and it fits I'll "recycle" it. Sinful did a great job with Crystal's original setup (also very lovely). She didn't post the pictures herself or try to pass off the design as her own. But because the design was pretty obviously inspired by Crystal's she maybe should have mentioned where she saw it. It's kind of a grey area, really. I know some people ask when they are going to borrow an idea or a house design, but lots of people come to the boards and see pics of things and grab what they like without every saying anything, and I think that's ok too (as long as it's not for a contest, grrr). It's all about us having fun and expressing our creativity, anyways. :)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
She didn't post the pictures herself or try to pass off the design as her own. But because the design was pretty obviously inspired by Crystal's she maybe should have mentioned where she saw it.
Actually, I did it. I started it, and I'll end it. I was slackin one night on my home shard (none of my peeps were online) and dropped back by Atlantic to hang out and see the few peeps that still play that I knew when I played ATlantic. Dropped out to Sinful's little city, and saw the chapel and thought it was beautiful.

Not being a decorator, I don't read this board often...there could be a dozen chapels out there just like this one and I wouldn't know it. I saw it, I liked it, I was impressed, so I made the mistake of going wow! Look at this!. End of story. Sinful wasn't trying to steal a patent or publicly plagiarize anyone elses work. This was my doing. End of story.

Get off her butt, and off yall's high horse. And just appreciate whatever beauty comes into this game of ours from anywhere and anyone.

Now I'll go back where I belong, and leave yall in peace.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She didn't post the pictures herself or try to pass off the design as her own. But because the design was pretty obviously inspired by Crystal's she maybe should have mentioned where she saw it.
Actually, I did it. I started it, and I'll end it. I was slackin one night on my home shard (none of my peeps were online) and dropped back by Atlantic to hang out and see the few peeps that still play that I knew when I played ATlantic. Dropped out to Sinful's little city, and saw the chapel and thought it was beautiful.

Not being a decorator, I don't read this board often...there could be a dozen chapels out there just like this one and I wouldn't know it. I saw it, I liked it, I was impressed, so I made the mistake of going wow! Look at this!. End of story. Sinful wasn't trying to steal a patent or publicly plagiarize anyone elses work. This was my doing. End of story.

Get off her butt, and off yall's high horse. And just appreciate whatever beauty comes into this game of ours from anywhere and anyone.

Now I'll go back where I belong, and leave yall in peace.
Er, yeah. Why are you replying to me?

S

Sinful Candie

I did say I saw it some where but I could not remember where. I never said it was MINE. I even told in game that I saw it some where else and I change it some but I didn't remember where it was. When someone posted it was someone else idea and who it was I did say i gave that person some of the credit.