• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Next weeks Story Night theme: YOUR Story

G

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on the theme of next weeks Story Night theme, it is YOUR Story - The story of your character.

It can be as simple as: I was born in Moonglow, started practicing magery by killing a lot of harts, then eventually loved pvp and moved to that.

Or as detailed as: My parents were farmers from the outskirts of Trinsic and their farm was ransacked by Orcs (*shakes fist at Mo'gluk*), and from there I was sold into slavery to undead, and so on.

So spend some time, think about your characters past. For those that already have their entire family history documented, practice your speech!

For those that don't know about Story Night:
Story Night is a Tavern Night held weekly at the Golden Unicorn Tavern within the player run city of Wispwood Shire. Instead of just sitting around getting drunk off ale, we sit around, get drunk off ale AND tell stories! It happens every Tuesday at 7pm, Pacific time, and usually lasts an hour.

So if you are fond of story telling, have nothing to do on a Tuesday night, or just want some free ale, stop by!

G

I might be inspired for this one... The time limit, though. It might have to be a multi media post. Some at story night and some on the forum. *thinks*

B

BennosMorales

Cool, I got just the story....*sits upright placing his pen on his ear*

G

You really should use the event calender. *nods* That way you would have a constant reminder for folks.

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

You really should use the event calender. *nods* That way you would have a constant reminder for folks.

[/ QUOTE ]That is a sure way to make people miss that event.
Few people look at the Event calendar! It is like that Traders forum SP had once.
People ignored it!
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

G

<blockquote><hr>

I disagree. The event calendar is quite obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]Indeed!

Just look:

The Calendar appears at the top of this very forum (unlike the Trade forum you used to have). You also have the option to either "Hide" or "Display" the Calendar up top for those that either want to see it or for those that do not.

Additionally, when a Calendar Entry is posted to ANY Shard Calendar, those entries will also appear in the Calendar above UO U.Hall -- which means even more people to see it!

G

Can you see it now? Details need to be added. You can respond to posts in the event calendar. *nods*

G

Ohh sweet! Thanks Kelmo, I didn't realize you could do all that in the event calendar. I had always held off until I had decided upon a theme, which is usually the night before. I wasn't sure how long it took for a submitted event to show up in the calendar, and didn't want to chance it with &lt;24 notice.

Now I can just post it a week in advance and reply to add the theme once it is known.

Thanks!

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

Can you see it now? Details need to be added. You can respond to posts in the event calendar. *nods*

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you both for teaching Bruin how to use the Event Calendar!
Just what I wanted you to do!
*stares*
Yahaxithonix