• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Next Time Mind My Own Business

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Stumbling from one city to the next, searching for what, I am not exactly clear on but the Dragon Girl pushes me onward as the thoughts of her words pop up in my mind " Why did she do this to us?" the sadness as she spoke those words was why I even started this mission, as I ride the country-sides searching for some link she insists is out there. The link to why the Undead Queen, as she calls her, Neira, wanted control of her lineage. Desires to know that answer is driving her mad and being apart from her on these quests I am sent on is a relief, actually. Britain held no answers I could find, nobody had known Daenyra's Mother and nobody wished to speak of Neira. Stopping under a large shady tree, I wipe the sweat from my brow and search for the Whiskey flask I had emptied to hold water for my trip, it had not been what I wanted to do but the weather was scorching hot and i had known water was more important then Whiskey, wait did I really just do that? Replace my whiskey for water.....as I had sat atop the pony I had chosen in Britain for this journey, I heard the screams coming from around the bend in the road ahead, " HELP ", a woman's voice shrill and helplessly calling out. Tapping my heals against the ponys sides we manage to reach the young girl as she fell to the ground, a girl I recognized, a friend of the Dragon Girl, as I call to her "Pheobe......" I reached the location she had fallen, I jumped from the horse turned her over as she lay in the road, her faint voice trembled, "...they took the pirate queen,..." , looking at my hands stained with the blood of the wounds that had been inflicted on her, and the pool of blood on the ground had enraged me, the girl was meddling in a pouch and chanting words of a magic I knew from many years before, dark words, dark magics, then as if she had disappeared she cloaked herself. That kind of magic I knew, either she'd heal herself and be fine or she would disappear into the lands of the dead. One sharp whistle and the horse was before me and off I flew down the road, ahead I could see many people scuffling around fighting, charging the shape of the man I had seen running from the body he had left bleeding in the road, Phoebe's body. The warfork had been idle wrapped in the bundle strapped to the horse, reaching behind me I felt the handle of the weapon, clutching it firming, swinging it from the handle I stab it towards the man running, I could feel the vibration of the weapon then I felt it motionless, gritting my teeth I knew the weapon had pierced his skin, as the man turned to me drawing his weapon on me, I recognized his face, slight gasp, it was Chanticleer, and he was angry. Dancing around the road, clanging weapons, thoughts murmured in the back of my mind, I can't fight this man but I had to now, or I would die. The situation wasn't pleasant and the last thing I remembered was a blow to the head and seeing stars......

~Jaxx