• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Next Stop: Guild Wars 2 Press Closed Beta

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another person was added to the Press Beta. Sardu posted over at Necrobator that on his behalf he will be representing Ten Ton Hammer in the press beta.

Good news and congratulations are in order from Guild Wars 2 Stratics to Sardu and Ten Ton Hammer for making it in. :)

Please go visit Next Stop: Guild Wars 2 Press Closed Beta and we thank them for allowing the Guild Wars 2 Player Nation to be informed.

For the click link impaired:

Next Stop: Guild Wars 2 Press Closed Beta

By Sardu
– February 4, 2012Posted

Major

press outlets have begun hitting the various social networks with news that details from the Guild Wars 2 press closed beta will be hitting the web as soon as the 20th of this month. According to a recent post by our friends over at GuildMag titled Press Closed Beta Starts! , numerous press outlets such as IGN have already confirmed participation based on their recent tweets.

This is, of course, awesome news for GW2 fans and an important milestone in the game’s development. While specific dates for public test events have yet to be announced, it still means that GW2 is inching that much closer to launch sometime later this year. In the meantime, I expect that MMO fans of all stripes will be keeping their favorite news & reviews sites on speed dial on February 20th in anticipation of any new GW2 information provided by the participating sites.

Speaking of participating sites…
It’s with great pleasure that I’m able to announce that you’ll want to be sure to add at least one more major site to your lists. That’s right folks; yours truly will be participating on behalf of the Ten Ton Hammer network. While I won’t be able to provide any additional details beyond participation until 6am PST on February 20th, I can at least confirm that you’ll want to be watching both Ten Ton Hammer and NecroBator for my exclusive coverage to begin rolling out.

For now I’ll be heading back into the laboratory to continue work on another of my secret projects (watch for another major announcement soon!), but before I depart I encourage you to hit the comments below to let me know your thoughts on the press closed beta announcements, and what types of coverage you’d be most interested in seeing later this month.