• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Next Open Beta Weekend

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Next open beta is June 1-3
Please let me know if you'd like me to try to get you a beta key so you can dl and try the game.
I read somewhere that nvidia updated some drivers and you can get beta keys through them, if you need help or more information or a direct link please get with me and I'll do what I can because I'd love to share the game experience with you.
I also have a ventrilo server if anyone would like access to that (although I am not always in it or have my headset on due to rl responsibilities).

Thanks for reading everyone :)

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Usually when I hear of a game from two distant and equallyreliable sources, it bears looking into. Are there keys about that don't require the pre-order?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
There are keys available, but today's release date being pushed back has changed the dates of the next open beta.
TheSecretWorld.com said:
The third Beta Weekend, titled 'Hell Raised', will begin on June 15th and run until June 17th. In this Beta Weekend players will be able to experience the Illuminati and Dragon starter experiences as well as the Templar experience. Players will also get to leave Kingsmouth and venture into the massive region known as Savage Coast, where they will soon find that the very gates of hell itself have opened up! This will allow players to experience the epic 'Hell Raised' dungeon where you will have to battle the demons of hell itself!
TheSecretWorld.com said:
MMORPG.com and Massively.com played through the 'Hell Raised' dungeon recently, and judging from their previews they had a hell of a good time. You can check out their impressions here.

The fourth and final Beta Weekend will begin on June 22nd and run until June 24th. This event will focus on the player vs. player experience in The Secret World, and players will get to sample both the Eldorado battlefield experience as well as the massive warzone gameplay where over a hundred players clash together in persistent battle. Here the Illuminati, the Templars and the Dragon will get to duke it out and hone their battle skills on each other before the real conflict begins when Early Access opens on June 29th.

I know that their recent partnership with NVidia is part of the reason for the pushback and beta date changes. NVIDIA will be offering beta keys on their website. I will also be working to get some keys for anyone on Stratics or UOForums who may want to give the game a try. Please bear with me as this may take some time. The next open beta isn't until June 15th though so I've got some time to work on it ;)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I'm not sure why this is formatting as two separate quotes. Sorry it should read as one paragraph.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its because the quote tool is intimidated by your greatness :cool:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I want you guys to know that I am keeping up with the official forums just for you guys! LOL
Wow that is a miserable place where everyone hates everyone. Ok I exaggerate, there's about 5 nice people over there.
You think the UO UHall is bad... *laugh*
Add to the fact that there is no open beta this weekend and that makes people extra miserable LOL
Poor us. Poor us that want to play TSW but can't!

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hear ya Flutter. Uhall may be the grandfather of spitfire but it has evolved immensely out there. All the more reason to kudos our mods for keeping the, "OMG YOU CHANGED MY LIFE DIE IN A CAR FIRE AND I HOPE YOUR DOG GETS CANCER!!!!" type posts to a very real minimum :D

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Right now they are having a fun time belittling people who took the day off from work for the last release date. People actually so excited about playing this game they put in for the day (or week) off to play when it's released are now being made fun of since the release got pushed back 2 weeks.
It makes me sad face.

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Official forums can be extremely unfriendly places, and forums for betas are among the worst I've visited.
Between any criticisms being shouted down with things to the effect of "it's in beta!", people asking questions being shouted down for not using the search feature, and people who did use the search feature and responded to an old thread being shouted down for thread necromancy, you get some real colourful "community" ;)

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I fully endorse special forum invite only areas where true discussion can take place :thumbup:

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
got a key at nvidia. Is that for the next beta weekend? on the 15th?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I got a key too. Who has the lock?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
It should say what weekend it is good for. The next open beta is July 15th yes.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you setting up a coordinated run or are we all just gonna meet up in game and wing it?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
That's really up to everyone else. I have a feeling it'll be hard to coordinate with people's real life schedules but we can try.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
That's really up to everyone else. I have a feeling it'll be hard to coordinate with people's real life schedules but we can try.
perhaps I know someone who could open a vent room for the weekend....

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I've got a vent server that's not being used right now.
Let me know folks.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Real life has thrown me for a loop this past Monday and I'm trying to balance everything as best as I can.
With that being said I have no idea what time I will be available to play with anyone this coming weekend (or the next... month?... for that matter)
I will have my ICQ/Yahoo/AIM messenger on at all times on my laptop to answer any question I am able to (I don't know nearly as much as you think I do) about in game stuff, but I have no set time to play this weekend.

I do know for instance that if you get your character stuck behind some dumpsters (yes I got stuck behind a couple of dumpsters) you can log out and back in and you'll be freed LOL. True story I was practicing jumping over fences and landed inbetween the fence and the dumpster and couldn't jump my way out....
Anyhow, I do plan on playing. I just don't know when or what time.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The last few days, today and tomorrow are....yeah. But Ihave Friday and Sunday off work.