• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

News

E

Emuishere

As a reporter in the past, I tried to keep the Community involved with ideas for articles. I have a few and if people do Raids, Role Play or have other suggestions please PM me!

Thanks everyone for any and all help you have to offer.

E

Emuishere

Would still like some feedback here, also I would like to get in touch with people who do lots of raids for input for an article.

Mister McFeely

WoW Noob!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll see if a friend of mine is free

He's well informed and has a 70 of each class and raids as well. I'll drop him your e-mail addy if you pm it to me, well the rest would be up to him :p

P

Pashta

I raid a fairly often and this guild is up to SSC at the moment. I'd be happy to help if I can, just pm me.

E

Emuishere

Thanks for your offer to help...I'd like to know how you plan them is there any type of "etiquette" involved, the challenges, why you find it appealing etc.

P

Pashta

That all depends on the guild running the raid. Every guild has their own raiding rules so it's hard to say. Some have a system where you only get loot if you raid a certain percentage of time (to keep people from dropping out of raids that don't have loot they want, I think it's called DKP), some let everyone roll on whatever they need and others have an even different setup.

I am not the raid coordinator in this guild, but I see what he does and I am glad I don't have the job. ;) There is an add-on called Group Calendar that makes it a lot easier than it used to be but it's hard to get 25 people together all at once with everything they need and to follow directions. It amazes me everytime I see it. I cannot even fathom the 40 man raids. Wow... I am glad Blizzard got rid of them. Maybe make a very special 40 man one once a year and that's it.

Raiding is fun because I get to see new areas that I haven't seen before and it's really nice to watch it all come together when we finally down a new boss. It's a great reward in itself, even without the loot (though the loot is nice!) :D

E

Emuishere

OK but what is the major difference between dungeon raids and when people raid an opposing town/city?

P

Pashta

I haven't done that so I don't know. I am sure it would be quite different hehe. Tactics involved and all, you know. ;)