• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]You can now sleep a little easier…

M

Merik

Royal Guard Training
November 16, 2010
By: Merik​

In Attendance
Wilder [MERX], ananan, Squanto [BiC], Shumer [EmeG], Sir Underpants [SUP!], Mark West [K~S], Vampire's Wrath, Lady CaT, Nyx [OATH], Lord Robin Hood [DWxC], Blacktorns the Archer, lazyman [OATH], Harq lal Dracona [MERX], Lord Pinho [DWxC], Tip-Toe and Gareth the Mage

You can now sleep a little easier…

Gwen Irina who has demonstrated great courage earlier this year in the Lost Lands desert by rescuing Jamison Tort was reassigned to the Capital city of Britain. Over these past few months she has secured the township summit chambers, Royal Guard training and patrols, investigated the death of Chief Detective Sheffield and much, much more. It comes with no surprise that this exceptional Royal Guard has been promoted to the rank of Captain.

Commander Drake Foxx performed the ceremony before the Royal Guard training on Tuesday the 16th. The Royal Guards assembled also witnessed this historic event at the Barracks located in the Royal Castle.

Commander Drake Foxx
I have a very important announcement to make. As many of you are aware, our world is torn. It stands at the brink of a great conflict with a force currently unknown. Many of you have shown great valor. Many of you have displayed insurmountable courage in the face of our enemies. I have been in long talks with Her Majesty and she agrees with my assessment and recommendation.

First Lieutenant Gwen Irina step forward.

It is my great pleasure and honor that I do hereby promote thee. Congratulations, Captain Irina. As part of your new duties, you shall be charged with the Command of the Volunteer Royal Guard Unit. As you have been doing so, you shall now continue in an official capacity of the Volunteer Royal Guardsman, First Regiment. You've earned it!

Captain Gwen Irina
It is with great honor and pride that I accept this promotion, Sir.”

Captain Gwen Irina took no time to celebrate the promotion. She went straight to work, ordering the Royal Guard to fall in. Reports had come in that scouts from a force based in Malas, have recently been testing the guard forces in both Umbra and Luna at intervals. The Royal guard after a short inspection we’re ordered to the lair of Meraktus. Captain Irina used a special runestone provided by legendary mage Balandar, to open a gate to the entrance of the Labyrinthhttp://vboards.stratics.com/Labyrinth.

The training held in the Labyrinth covered the following areas: Scouting, Cross healing, Securing vital areas, creating guard posts and of course team work. After about forty-five minutes of fighting, the champion of the area sent its most deadly fighters to engage the guards. Tormented Minotaurs quickly devastated the lines and quickly turned the well ordered guard into a guard of chaos.

Commander Drake Foxx and Captain Irina quickly made their way to what remained of the front line and began reorganizing forces. Once the confused guards were reorganized support healers were brought in to heal the wounded guardsmen. Unfortunately shock waves of death energy once again devastated the lines as the champion of the area showed his face. The royal guard somehow managed to muster enough strength to defeat the champion and its most deadly fighters. A job well done by the Royal Guard and congratulations to Gwen Irina