• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Winter Holiday House Deco Contest.

S

Salya Sin

Greetings fellow Britannians! To start off this Holiday season, I give you the following from the desk of Fiorella.

Winter Holiday House Deco Contest

Sunday, November 29, 2009 By Fiorella

Beginning on December 1st, submissions will be accepted for Napa Valley’s EM Winter Wonderland House Decoration Contest. Each house must in some way reflect the Winter Season (this can be Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, etc. or simply the winter season).
To enter, simply drop a rune in the mailbox at the Award Hall on Napa Valley. Please name the rune with your house’s name and whether the house is public or private. For example, “Faine’s Gingerbread Cottage – Public”. If your house is private, please also send an email to [email protected] so we can arrange a time for me to view your house.
Entries will be accepted through 10pm PST on December 14th. Once the entry period ends, I will post the submissions on our internal Event Moderator site and ask the other Ultima Online EM’s to vote for their favorite. On December 19th, there will be an open tour of all the houses for everyone and the winner will be announced at that time.
There is a portal to the Award House outside the Britain Counselor’s Hall and a rune is on the east steps of Luna. By entering this contest, you agree to set your house public on the evening of the tour.

Best gaming wishes,
Salya Sin

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
^.^

Ok... I think the contest is over now.

Can we keep our pretty scrolls?

S

Salya Sin

Ok.. I asked the EM's about the scrolls... no dice. They said they couldn't be given out. :( Sorry!

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
o.o

So this red scroll is gonna sit under my house sign even tho the design is not what I won the award for?

I suppose it makes sense, so people won't sell/buy the scroll or mad gold.

If I move/demo the house... then the scroll goes *poof* eh?

S

Salya Sin

LOL... Actually... I think they will pull the scrolls and put them in the awards hall next to the book with the winning runes.

What did you do with your house? I loved the set up you had before!

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I think you'll like it now if you like the previous. ^.^ I really like this design so I think I'll keep it.

To see it, go to Nabin's Community Center and take the house teleporter with the green gargoyle book. Had to build a storage house.. I gots so much stuffs - lol!

I'm gonna be setting up the top floor with soul stones. People who want to reclaim their soul stones can check them and if they find one that belongs to them, I'll return it to them - no charge. I seem to be collecting a lot of these as I hunt for my old stuff (had two houses full of stuff when I gave the accounts to a friend... who lost interest and the houses fell).

Will make a formal post later on tonight... gotta work now. ^.^

PrettyMel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you'll like it now if you like the previous. ^.^ I really like this design so I think I'll keep it.

To see it, go to Nabin's Community Center and take the house teleporter with the green gargoyle book. Had to build a storage house.. I gots so much stuffs - lol!

I'm gonna be setting up the top floor with soul stones. People who want to reclaim their soul stones can check them and if they find one that belongs to them, I'll return it to them - no charge. I seem to be collecting a lot of these as I hunt for my old stuff (had two houses full of stuff when I gave the accounts to a friend... who lost interest and the houses fell).

Will make a formal post later on tonight... gotta work now. ^.^
congrats on winning. I missed this contest as I had a busy holiday season in RL. I had over 35 commissions to do for art pieces. Kinda bummed though, october didnt get any scrolls *goes in a corner and pouts~!* hehe

I'm glad you won though, yours was the bestest ever XD