• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] West Brit Bank gets a Refreshing New Look! Congratulations Vladimir!

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
West Brit Bank gets a Refreshing New Look!
Congratulations Vladimir!

Excitement was in the air today as our beloved Draconi unveiled the Winning Design for the West Britain Bank Renovation contest. We watched very intently as he placed the water, grass, and rocks.

The crowds grew larger as he added the final elements of Vlad's design. It was so nice to see people return to West Bank Britain. The garden atmosphere makes it a relaxing place to sit and visit. You can fish in the stream and there is even a working hitching post.

It was wonderful to see EM Kanmare and EM Vytacca freed from their Counsellor Building and able to join us on the roof.

If you would like to visit one of the amazing house designs Valdimir has built please drop by Goodman's Rune Library (red rune on left front arcane circle) or Winterbreeze Library (front foyer). I highly recommend you take the time if you love decor. Vlad has some really unique elements in his house.

All in all it was a very invigorating afternoon for Britain, our capital city, and I sincerely hope we can incorporate the moongate in the area as well as a nice big plaque with Vlad's name on it.

Cheers to Draconi & the Dev Team for this contest!

What wonderful idea to bring the community back to West Brit Bank and what a great way to revitalize old buildings!

Can we do Magincia next? I'd sure like to take a try at one!

Good Job Vlad! Thanks for your beautiful design and hard work.

Andrasta
Atlantic Shard Reporter
GRL

Stuffa

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is good. The only thing that bothers me about it is that we suddenly have a little stream / river rocking across the top of the bank... which appears to come from nowhere, and go to nowhere. The lack of continuity makes me cry

Looks good though

V

Valentina

This is good. The only thing that bothers me about it is that we suddenly have a little stream / river rocking across the top of the bank... which appears to come from nowhere, and go to nowhere. The lack of continuity makes me cry

Looks good though
Eek. I agree. Its very pretty... as a garden. As the roof of a building... no! Granted this is fantasy land, but still!

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are 2 of the many screenies i took :)

Draconi on Lunchbreak

And our EMs checking it out

btw , bashing the design without having spent the time and effort to create and submit one themself is allways easy.....

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

btw , bashing the design without having spent the time and effort to create and submit one themself is allways easy.....
Well said...and I said something similar in another thread...but...I think you will always have some people that like a particular design, and others that don't. I just hope that anyone stating that they don't care for the look can do so with respect to Vlad.

I think it is really awesome that a UO player has a building that he/she designed in game!!

M

Mirage

What does that have to with anything?

Just because I didn't design one, I'm not entitled to an opinion?

Mir

M

Mirage

I think it is really awesome that a UO player has a building that he/she designed in game!!
I agree...I just wish it was something a little different. :p

Mir

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its a fountain people... a fountain it recycles water... form the pond type area at the bottom... or it would have to go off the bank and into the moat... and it doesn't

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its the least attractive bank of the winners and shows the absolute least continuity.

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This new look makes me very sad.

I liked WBB when it was in Britain... Now I feel like I should see Alice or a giant Caterpillar smoking a hookah up there.