• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Welcoming EM Sarakan

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As the only Stratics Staff member on hand I've been bullied into this short report - short 'cos I didn't know I was going to be writing it, so I didn't make any notes!

Also, since I'm not actually news staff, I don't have access to all the fancy headings and stuff that they do.

Following a 'tip off' on irc at 8.30pm GMT I took myself off to the counsellor's hall, behind the stable in North West Britain, to meet the first of our new EMs, Sarakan.

He stood quietly in the unfurnished meeting hall chatting to Kou. I parked my battle bus in the corner and went to say 'hello'. Sarakan was obviously familiar with the family name and asked after Terry.

Shortly after others began to arrive and we were joined by Trevelyan (who helpfully provided the attached sketch) Flame, Tane Darkbane, Memphis Belle, Ailsa of Marlit and Kas Valentine (who seems to have somehow gotten a 'lord' title attached to his name, most strange),

Sarakan recognised Flame's Bloodguard uniform and a short conversation about our lamented commander, Jurel, followed.

On seeing Ailsa's SBR appellation Sarakan commented on the long history of the guild. Trevelyn plied the assembly with glasses of egg nog, though Sarakan declined, being 'on duty'.

Finally Sarakan bid us all farewell till tomorrow, when he will return.

We hope that his missing furniture will make an appearance before then!

Hopefully we can manage a slightly bigger crowd too?

T

Tane Darkbane

On a side note, this is the north councillor guild not the east councillor guild, which at the time of my and flames visit was being staffed by a rather unhelpfull crimson dragon.

S

Scrumpy Jack

Ello you lot and you new EM!

First of all, it wasn't me or anybody else of GoB who had anything to do with your furniture not being there! We discussed this (well, I made the decision), that we could provide you with one of those bedrolls we got from the fancy people in that big tree-house. No strings attached ... I took them all off and gave them to the bar-lady at the Swagger's in exchange for a pint of cider.

Second of all: what are you going to do about the situation in Trinsic? I mean, really, I haven't seen anybody to ... errr ... ask for a small donation for ages. And we have a permit!!

Third of all: that's it for now. I better run off and find that bag of pizzas I offered this weird person for her castle she keeps on an island made of marble. I expect that deal to come through any moment ... and then you will see me riding proudly through town on a castle I liberated all on my own!

Yours mostly
Scrumpy Jack

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want a bigger crowd it might be worth mentioning that this counsellors hall is in Britain - The only rune I still had was for Jordan Jurrels in Minoc and looked around there for ages before I studied the pic posted and recognised the bridge to Blackthorns Castle.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
k, edited to clarify. I meant to mention that originally :( , sorry.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh dang I missed him! Thanks Petra for sharing the news :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can i just say if no notice is given of a meeting or an event... only to people that are in the KNOW/click !! then nobody will turn up... THIS was the big problem with the olde EM events.. what do i need to do check this new hall every hour!!! come on!! we need a better way to tell the masses!!! WAKE UP!! AND MAKE IT FAIR!! THIS TIME!!........ we only ask u make it fair this time....

K

Kiminality

Can i just say if no notice is given of a meeting or an event... only to people that are in the KNOW/click !! then nobody will turn up... THIS was the big problem with the olde EM events.. what do i need to do check this new hall every hour!!! come on!! we need a better way to tell the masses!!! WAKE UP!! AND MAKE IT FAIR!! THIS TIME!!........ we only ask u make it fair this time....
Jesus...
At least give them a chance to get a couple of chairs put in the Counsellors' Hall, if not for them to start running events, before laying into the program, and more importantly, the EMs.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what do i need to do check this new hall every hour!!!
Well, yes, thats what people have been doing since it was announced the new EMs would be hanging out there...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sarakan will be in the hall between 8pm and 9pm GMT to meet people. Notification of events, when they start happening, has been promised.

And I did post here telling people 'he's here, please come'

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you ...All iam asking is for some notification ingame on a notice board or on uohall etc to when any meetings will take place and more importantly maybe 1-2 days notice of any new event so people can get ready etc etc

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I turned up to greet both EMs at 8pm

Unfortunately no-one else did

We had a good conversation about events and the went to watch Wallace & Grommitt

M

muldran

Thank you ...All iam asking is for some notification ingame on a notice board or on uohall etc to when any meetings will take place and more importantly maybe 1-2 days notice of any new event so people can get ready etc etc
You'll never get that, I'm afraid. The oft-quoted reason is that getting all the players into one place will cause lag-of-horror. It's not that they're trying to make it unfair, it's just that they're trying to make it practical. Sadly, not everyone will be there - but I'm all for the events that people can 'continue doing' rather than just take part once, and then that's it (like ongoing 'solve this over a week' things - or things like that trial!)

However, there's always ways for the EMs to notify people; like Jurrel's Lantern. I do know that most events turned up 'semi-regularaly' as well; for example things would occour on a certain time, on a certain day weekly or fortnightly.

Let's see what happens this time.

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree that things started to get into a routine in the case of an event, it was on only a few nights a week, and tbh surly most people that truly are interested in events could take a minute an hour on possible event nights to check. I'm sure an IDOC takes time and a few visits but the rewards of being there are worth the effort, as with most things in UO, to me events are the same, but thats only my opinion.

But if you want advance warning one or both EMs will be available at there new HQ at 8pm (uk time) each night till end of next week (rl permitting of course) to say hello. Sadly only 3 of us turned up tonight, but it was still great to say hello and get a few questions answered in person.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okies txs again ....and i will endevoir to catch one in the next 2-3 days, and iam sure that the new EMs can use a simple bulitin board in there new hq to advert new happenings...we will see...lots to ask em... when i catch em.