• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Warning: A possible blackrock infection in Yew!

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've read reports of blackrock infected citizens in Trinsic and Yew. On light of this I decided to visit the towns. I didn't see anything unusual in Trinsic however in Yew I found some infected citizens guarding a locked box in the middle of the street.

I'm not sure what is inside the box, but a warning to all, Stay clear of any blackrock you may find.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm there now; they, and their chests will take ANYTHING you drop on them. We've tried casting cure, heal, dropping food on them, greater cure potions, small blackrock on both the npcs and into the chest... but nothing happens!

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been there a few days so its possibly just a visual thing, Doesn't actually function.

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

ich klatsch die gleich mal um... schauen was passiert.

mir als meister der tarnung und täuschung ist es ein leichtes die zu erlegen...

ANGRIFF!!

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

hmm.. i found a blackrock infected dragon (guardian) but it dropped only gems and items, nothing special.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recalled in, no infected humans anymore around. One dragon was guarded by some NPC, other killed, now box unlocked, some message inside box.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The blackrock infected dragon had been killed.

And the message inside the box says:

Damaged Book
by Unknown
-------------------------
*the handwriting appears
to be a from a flowing
hand*

I am sending you th*s
me**a*e to let you
kn** t*a* thin*s are
progr****ng **ll.

** *ave o*e*e* up
the *e*tr** sh*f*
a** bl***r*ck c*n
no* be **trac***

The **a*e* conti***
to **e aft**
ex***ure to **e
**ack****

W* re**ir* m**e
sla*** s**n.

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

The Book i have taken, maybe someone can decrypt the test?

Elffin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think i got most of it, 1 word i cant work out...

I am sending you this
message to let you
know that things are
progressing well.

we have opened up
the *e*tr** shaft
all blackrock can
now be extracted

The slaves continue
to die after
exposure to the
blackrock

We require more
slaves soon

Elf.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There were a few blackrock infected people in Vesper, but they dissapeared before i could get any screenies, were only there for like a day or two.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My first guess about the book,

Damaged Book
by Unknown
-------------------------
*the handwriting appears to be a from a flowing hand*

I am sending you this message to let you know that things are progressing well.

We have opened up the *e*tr** shaft and blackrock can now be extracted

The slaves continue to die after exposure to the blackrock

We require more sla*** soon.

I suspect from what I found at the bottom level of the orc mines, the first word I can't get may be 'Western', since there looked to be a lot more rocks, tools and ore carts around that shaft (although I still can't find a way into it) than before.

I also guessed the last line is 'We require more slaves soon', but that's not enough letters, as Traveller pointed out - slayers would fit but makes a bit less sense to me just now!

Edit : Rather similar to Elffin 's work - I was still typing this while that was being posted ;)

Elffin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was thinking of Western too but the letters are in the wrong place, so i left it as is...

elf

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

restrict

We have opened up the *e*tr** shaft and blackrock can now be extracted

but for this word one "*" is missing, but it makes sence.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am sending you this
message to let you
know that things are
progressing well.

we have opened up
the central shaft
all blackrock can
now be extracted

The slaves continue
to die after
exposure to the
blackrock

We require more
slaves soon

:)

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

central .....:eyes:

hehe easy... tooooooo easy for me!

but yes, it fits and makes sence!

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damn, why does the fun stuff happen when I can't log in? My archer LOVES BR drags.

*seriously considers blowing off work for some hunting*

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A farmhouse near the blackrock box has been broken into and totally ransacked..but not sure if its part of an old event. Certainly no clues :(

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aron showed me the chest again today, it was blackrock hue (dark) and guard locked. It was giving a message about it being magically locked and the guardians need to be beaten for it to be opened. I followed two infected guardians until they're outside of the guardzone and killed both (since they were infected, it was merely to ease their pain). One of them had regular loot (boots, shirt etc.) while the other had an additional small piece of blackrock (I think the same blackrock that Curunir gave to the npc). The chest's hue returned to normal when both are killed, having the same book and the blackrock inside. I guess both the book and the blackrock is 255 stones (full 8 bits, possibly the maximum weight an item can have, making 510 stones in total) for not to be stolen from the chest. Looking forward to the meeting with Nathan Hawke.

P

Phineas le Monge

Each day there is a new "word of power" listed in Ricardo's books...a new blackrock powered spell?

P

Phineas le Monge

Is this on all shards or just an evet for one shard?

T

Trevelyan

I gave 2 special nets to the NPCs too

Also, there were a bunch of the NPCs in Skara. Whats that about?

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another interesting note regarding the blackrock guardians, when the normal citizen types have been killed they respawn somewhere in Yew with the same name and clothes but with their original title :)