• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Version 2.1484.0.0 (Test Center 3 Only)

G

The Sims Online, Version 2.1484.0.0

This version has been released to Test Center 3 ONLY on Wednesday, November 8, 2007.
</p>

Graphics
</p>
<ul>
[*]Test Center 3 - Test: We have added a new choice to the login in screen as Uri blogged about yesterday. This will test if you can run with DX9. If you see the splash screen you can run DX9. If you don’t see the new splash screen and get an error or nothing then:
<ul>
[*]You can install DirectX9 directly off of Microsoft’s website by following this link: www.microsoft.com/directx, or
[/list]

[*]
<ul>
[*]Your card may not support DX 9 so in that case patch back to Test Center 3.
[/list]

[/list]
Economy Alterations

<ul>
[*]Top 100 Bonus: We have lowered them and can now limit payouts to paying subscribers only. In addition we are starting rolling these down to zero over the next few days. All the money will be migrating to jobs and/or job objects.
[*]Jobs: DJ and Dancer now pay 30% more.
[*]Easel: Disabled on everything but Money Lots.
[*]Spotlight: Reduced cost of purchase and refill to 1/10th of former prices.
[*]Prices: Reduced by another 25%
[*]Crafting Workbench: Won’t charge for failures
[/list]
Custom Content

<ul>
[*]Custom Content: We can now toggle on Custom Content for the community with out city restarts. It is currently still off as approval process gets more work.
[/list]
<span class="post">To report bugs in this version, please post here.</span>

<span class="post">

To report disconnection and crash issues only with this version please choose one of the following: </span>
</p>

Knowledgebase:

1. http://eatech.custhelp.com

2. Click on &quot;Technical Support&quot;

3. Select your platform from the drop down menu

4. Product: Select &quot;The Sims Online&quot; in the drop down menu

5. Category: Select from the drop down menu which area you would like to search.

6. Search Text: Enter a keyword search for what your particular issue is. If you don't get it at first, keep trying a couple times with different version of the issue in keyword form.

7. Click on &quot;Search&quot;

Email:

1. http://eatech.custhelp.com

2. Click on &quot;Technical Support&quot;

3. Click on the &quot;Ask a Question&quot; tab

4. Fill out the information needed and feel free to explain as much as you can about your particular issue, because the more information we get the easier it is for us to help resolve your issue.

5. Click on &quot;Submit Question&quot;

C

CrazyWill

I've downloaded the latest DX and im still not seeing the new logo in Tc3 or TC3-test

G

From the blog:
<blockquote><hr>

11/07/2007 EDITED BY LFancey:

There is currently a logic error in the login dialog that won’t allow you to just select Test Center 3 - Test. As a result you can’t see the new DX9 test screen. This does not mean you can’t run it just means we have a bug. We will get this fixed tomorrow for now you can play as normal. For those who want to see you can modify your TSO.exe shortcut by adding “-CSCity:Test Center 3-test” to the end of your shortcut’s target line.

If you do not see the new splash screen, you crash, or you hang simply remove “-CSCity:Test Center 3-test” from the end.

Adding city name to the end of your short cuts lets you bypass the login in window choice. This is an advanced feature. (e.g. “-CSCity:Fancey Fields”)

[/ QUOTE ]

F

Fool at TC

I'm hoping I was supposed to select the "download most recent" instead of "download all."

Edit: Downloaded most recent DX. Still comes up with error when I try to enter TC3.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm hoping I was supposed to select the "download most recent" instead of "download all."

Edit: Downloaded most recent DX. Still comes up with error when I try to enter TC3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. My video card isn't supported on either my Desktop or my Laptop so I guess I won't be able to play anymore

The laptop is new (February) --- The Desktop is kinda old but relatively new video card installed. Oh well...

G

I was able to upgrade and actually see the new graphics and to be enirely honest DON'T expect much it's NOT really that much different and by far NOT sims 2 looking.

G

They arent supposed to be sims 2 graphics yet.
From the blog:
<blockquote><hr>

While we are currently working on Sims2 and beyond quality graphics, that will require the new game client, for this initial release, the game strives to look identical to the original TSO game.

Therefore, if you find any visual artifacts or problems, please let us know.

In order to identify that you are running the new game client, I’ve added a visual effect during the initial loading screens.

This visual is not a glitch. It’s an indicator that your running the new game. The effect will fade out and disappear once the login screen has been reached.

[/ QUOTE ]

IOn other words. This is phase one in implementing Sims 2 graphics. Right now it is very laggy. I asked lee about this and he said "It has to do with the shaders, right now it is a direct pipeline. This should be fixed within the next 4 weeks"

Again DO NOT EXPECT NEW GRAPHICS FOR A FEW MORE MONTHS THIS IS JUST STEP ONE!

F

Fool at TC

Well, any help? Like I said before, I downloaded the most reent DX thing and am still not able to enter TC3. My computer should without a doubt be able to handle this, I have a mac pro.

I

imported_LFancey

Fool at TC,

Need more information please. Are you tring to run TC3 - Test, TC3, TSO? Have you been able to run just TC3 or TSO before?

What are the specs on your Mac Pro specifically the graphics card?
Also what VM are you using?

If you use VMWare’s Fusion (Beta), there is DirectX9 support. http://www.vmware.com/beta/fusion/

Lee

F

Fool at TC

Ive always been able to run TSO and TC3, but now can't seem to be able to run TC3; and the TC3 - test check box in the login menu has never been clickable for me.

As for graphics card, I don't really know, was a tester computer from Apple, but it runs other games like Sims 2 in great graphics and I can't imagine this hunk of a computer not being sufficient for anything.

I

imported_LFancey

Fool at TC, (Great name by the way)

Until yesterday the check for TC3 -Test box was broken. But help me understand just to be sure. Lots of people say "Can't check" when they mean "I don't use TSO.exe"

You can see the other checkboxes TC3 and TSO right? If so we fixed it yesterday there will be a small update and then you can check TC3 - Test.

If you can't see it then let me know and I will get you over to the blog to make some shortcuts.

Lee

F

Fool at TC

You are right I'm using TSOClient, that must be why I can't check -test. I tried following the blog but got stuck of course.

As for TC3, when I try to do the update it says "Error installing updating utility. Make sure you have enough free hard drive space and write permissions."

I

imported_Spacey

Anyone else seeing dotted grey lines across their city view screen in TC3? Hope I am not the only one. Eck.

G

Nope - I get 'em too.
Also, certain areas of the map, when clicked on, jump to a different area.

I

imported_Spacey

I also see artifacts on the tiles that are lit up by a lighting object on properties. Sometimes there are stripes on the tiles, and sometimes the tiles are discolored. They don't interfere with game play, but I thought I'd post and share.