• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Valentine Container Art Contest

G

<table cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="50" width="590" border="1"> <tbody> <tr> <td width="527"> <div> <p align="center">Oriana and Sara
Are Pleased To Announce They Are Sponsoring A
<font color="#FF0000"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;; mso-fareast-font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language: EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA">♥♥ </span>Baja Valentine Container Art Contest<O:p> <span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;; mso-fareast-font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language: EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA">♥♥</span></font></O:p>
</p> <p class="MsoNormal">Rules:<O:p> </O:p> </p>
  1. <li class="MsoNormal" style="mso-list: l1 level1 lfo5; tab-stops: list .5in">You may use any in-game container to hold your art design. We will be displaying your art at Sara's house north of Luna. Every effort will be made to return the containers and artwork after the judging. <li class="MsoNormal" style="mso-list: l1 level1 lfo5; tab-stops: list .5in">Designs may be created using any item in the game, just be sure to use a Valentine Day theme. <li class="MsoNormal" style="mso-list: l1 level1 lfo5; tab-stops: list .5in">One entry per person. <li class="MsoNormal" style="mso-list: l1 level1 lfo5; tab-stops: list .5in">Place a book with your character name and contact information in the container.
<p class="MsoNormal">Prizes:
There will be prizes for 1<sup>st</sup>, 2<sup>nd</sup> and 3<sup>rd</sup> place.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Thus far, we have 2 million gold in the prize fund.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Once we have all the contributions to the prize fund (gold and/or other items), we will be able to announce how it will be divided between the winners.<O:p> </O:p> </p> <p class="MsoNormal">How to Submit Your Entry:
Use the following links to PM Oriana or Sara on the Stratics forums.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Please mention container art in the subject line.
<a target="_blank" href=http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/sendprivate.php?Cat=&amp;User=169856&amp;Board=uobaja&amp;Number=7481549&amp;what=showflat&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1&amp;vc=1&amp;what2=showflat&amp;selv=&amp;vwhich=>Contact Oriana</a>
<a target="_blank" href=http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/sendprivate.php?Cat=&amp;User=302657&amp;Board=&amp;Number=&amp;what=welcome&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=&amp;o=&amp;fpart=&amp;vc=&amp;what2=&amp;selv=&amp;vwhich=>Contact Sara of Baja</a>

Or see either of us in game.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span>

Deadline For Entries:
Midnight (Pacific time), Saturday, February 16, 2008 </O:p> </p> <h1 align="center"><font size="3">Winners to be announced by
February 29, 2008</font></h1> <p class="MsoNormal">NOTE:<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Screenshots of the entries will be posted on Stratics, and we will be using the 2D legacy client for judging and screenies.</p> <p class="MsoNormal" align="center">
</div> </tr> </tbody> </table>

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WOOHOO!! Once again let's get those creative juices flowing Baja!! This loving time of year is so romantic!! I can't wait to see what y'all come up with!!

G

Nice idea Sara!

Seriously, don't forget Saint Paddy's Day, and Easter too. And maybe even... April Fool's Day!

Container art contests for the big holidays... could be a new event series.

G

What wonderful ideas, Nok! The April Fool's really makes me curious .. how many trapped boxes would we have to judge?

The response to these contests has been outstanding! And, we do plan to continue with them as long as there is interest.

Just a bit ago, we received another contribution to our Valentine contest
... Lil Debi tossed a million gold into the pot. Thanks, Debi!

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A lil bit of a reminder that you guys and gals have a bit over 2 weeks left to get you entries in. So far the ones is look great!!! Come on Baja get those romantically creative juices flowing!!!

C

Chango Pelon

Prepare to be dazzled...

Make check payable to Chango c/o GOF Inc.

G

Once again you've outdone yourself, Chango! Just drop the entry by my house for the judges to view.

C

Chango Pelon

<blockquote><hr>

Once again you've outdone yourself, Chango! Just drop the entry by my house for the judges to view.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a minute, I did drop it off. Did the items shift or something?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Wait a minute, I did drop it off. Did the items shift or something?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not only did they shift, it would seem the items completely transformed into something else. You must have used a bugged container.

lil debi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok folks ...there are only 4 days left to submit your entries. Get the mouse pointers moving if I can come up with and entry I know you can too .You do not have to be a romantic for ideas because you never know what will please the judges on judgment day.

G

I have been trying for a week to get together with a player from Japan to accept an entry. Once I have that one, all entries will be set public for viewing. Sorry about the delay ... they contacted me in plenty of time for the deadline, it's just been difficult to work out time zone differences.

G

ah...understandable...perhaps maybe letting us peek into the containers?
I just love looking at other people's deco

G

All entries are in, and the containers are set for public viewing. Still waiting on 2 judges to cast their ballots before we can post winners.

G

I like the jeweled heart....simply stunning! And the stickman proposal was just CUTE!

I

imported_WildStar

<blockquote><hr>

I like the jeweled heart....simply stunning!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are refering to my entry...."Gems are a girl's best friend". If so, Thank you!

WildStar
Grand Duchess
Kingdom of Dawn