• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] UOHerald: Bags of Sending and Other FoF News

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOHerald News, Five on Friday
February 20, 2009

Are 2d users still going to have access to SA content or will we need to be able to run the new SA client to gain access?

At this time the 2d client remains fully supported by the development team. This includes support for all of the Stygian Abyss content. We’ve even made some improvements to the 2d client’s animation system to support the new creatures.
-Supreem

--

A while back the mage armor property was added to the samurai platmail armor. However for what ever reason not every attempt results in the property being added. Is this a bug or intended?

The "Samurai Empire" expansion originally planned to give samurai plate armor the mage armor property every item it was crafted. The design later changed to only grant the mage armor property if the item was exceptionally crafted.
-Leurocian

--

Are there ever going to be any more silver spots added for farming silver? I am in the Shadow Lords faction on Siege and the only place to farm silver is Blighted Grove.

Yes we are, you should see some changes in the near future.
-Draconi

--

Do faction characters get removed from factions, lose any rank, lose any points, lose their faction items in a shard transfer?

When you do a shard transfer you are supposed to lose all faction rights. You should not automatically be placed in the same faction therefore you would lose your rank and points.
-Draconi

--

Will scribes get any new functionality in Stygian Abyss?

The Inscription skill will allow players to craft Necromancy and Mysticism spellbooks (possibly with item properties). Mysticism scrolls can also be scribed with the Inscription skill.
-Leurocian

--

Will the Damage Conversion item property count as an item property on an item for the purposes of Imbuing and Unraveling a magic item?

Yes. Even though an Artificer cannot imbue Damage Conversion on an item, the Damage Conversion item property will still be taken into account for Imbuing and unraveling magic items. The Damage Conversion item property is treated as 100% intensity and counts toward one of the five allowed magic item properties for an imbued item.
-Leurocian

--

With all the changes with trial accounts coming with Publish 58, are you planning to revert the Bag of Sending to its original state as well?

Yes, it will be reverted to its original functionality, and not take extra charges for higher weights. Bags of Sending will not be available to trial accounts, however.
-Draconi

--

Fan Site News

Origin

Origin Open Taming Event, Wednesday, March 17, 6pm PST. Search For The Animals, presented by LSN, 2 hours of taming for the Zoo, with prizes for tamers of all skill levels.

--

Baja

Baja weekly shard event: Sunday Night Taming Hour
When: Every Sunday Evening
Meeting Place: Moonglow Zoo
Time: 8pm PST (9pm MST, 10pm CST, 11pm EST) Open Event Sponsored by M!S

MORE

-----------------
To view the FoF thread on Uhall, click here.

I

Intoxication

good to see origin making it to the FoF fan site news =-)

very bad to see them fixing BoS though. that was one of the best nerfs for uo. the gold sellers are going to love that.

I

Intoxication

personally they are great. i have missed using them a lot. its the problem with the gold framing scripters that abuse them that mess it up. as more gold flows in the price of things will go back up. =-(

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm happy to see them back as well. I've missed my sending bag VERY much! It stinks that they can be abused and that's why they disappeared before but those that didn't abuse them can hunt without needing to bank every few monsters again. :D Glad I didn't toss or sell my powders!